Song Contest Part XXI, Host: Purple7x08_24, Theme: Pre-2000, Votes Due: Wednesday 10pm AEDT Time

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Let's get this beautiful contest going. No more mucking around.

Theme - Free for all.

No previous podiums.

I will release the playlist Tuesday at 10pm NSW-bias time.

Tags to follow.

Last edited:

Let's get this beautiful contest going. No more mucking around.

Theme - Free for all.

No previous podiums.

I will release the playlist tonight at 10pm NSW-bias time.

Tags to follow.

Hmm, do you think it would be better to release the playlist tomorrow night instead and have the results on Thursday? Then we have a Thursday-Sunday round and back to the normal cycle again. Four and a half hours just seems way too short notice.

Hmm, do you think it would be better to release the playlist tomorrow night instead and have the results on Thursday? Then we have a Thursday-Sunday round and back to the normal cycle again. Four and a half hours just seems way too short notice.
Agreed.

With spudmaster becoming a contest legend with 50 consecutive rounds, now's the time to finally give Ocha905 what's coming to them.
To ensure we don't go empty-handed music wise tonight, I've prepared a special something as a thank-you to everyone who has "helped" me along my journey to becoming a contest legend. Please find below a playlist with each of my bangas, in order, that have taken me to such lofty heights. A few of you may even notice one or two of your billies in the list. :rolleyes:

Song#5 which couldn't be added.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ocha905 Be interesting to see how many we get tonight by 10PM. IF we got 25+ we could roll with it.
Tracking decently with 9 noms so far. 25 is a good number. It is rather short notice though and I don't want anyone to miss out.

If a word is relevant to those people it means it's a word that describes them. Now that you've clarified the theme it's fine, but having a meltdown over your own confusing wording is a bit weird.
Only in your drama queen realm is an explanation of a theme deemed a “meltdown”. No surprise that he quit hosting after one too many stupid questions from the easily confused.

I spent about 5hrs trying to find a song I used to reeeeally enjoy. Pretty sure it was an aussie band and the lead singer had clown make-up on at the start and removes it as the song goes on.

Never found it so glad to return back here and see the theme changed haha

Not the one you're referring to but it reminded me of puddles when he was on AGT.

The way my latest noms have performed, Puddles would beat my mystery group ...

L Word Yes GIF by Neighbours (Official TV Show account)

Only in your drama queen realm is an explanation of a theme deemed a “meltdown”. No surprise that he quit hosting after one too many stupid questions from the easily confused.
I dunno Ula. While I agree that the term "Meltdown" gets thrown around to often and out of context. It was overly restrictive. Many people had nominations rejected. The majority of people here don't require a tightly bound playlist. We're here for fun, and learn about new music.

I hosted a round where Tubbs nominated Pablo, of which I accepted as Paul through definition. It's about people taking the time to research and find links more than anything.

Is it any surprise that someone sets a highly restrictive round and then pulls out when they get a lot of pushback.

IIRC you've often nominated songs with words inside words which is clever, but would be shit if someone held it tightly and refused on the basis that it didn't fit the whole word.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back