Song Contest Part XXI, Host: Purple7x08_24, Theme: Pre-2000, Votes Due: Wednesday 10pm AEDT Time

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mine is so good
Nicki Minaj GIF

Only in your drama queen realm is an explanation of a theme deemed a “meltdown”. No surprise that he quit hosting after one too many stupid questions from the easily confused.

Haha ok bud.

Guess Stokey, Purple, Ocha, etc. are 'easily confused'. Way to wade in late to the party throwing haymakers for the sake of it without having a clue what happened.

I dunno Ula. While I agree that the term "Meltdown" gets thrown around to often and out of context. It was overly restrictive. Many people had nominations rejected. The majority of people here don't require a tightly bound playlist. We're here for fun, and learn about new music.

I hosted a round where Tubbs nominated Pablo, of which I accepted as Paul through definition. It's about people taking the time to research and find links more than anything.

Is it any surprise that someone sets a highly restrictive round and then pulls out when they get a lot of pushback.

IIRC you've often nominated songs with words inside words which is clever, but would be s**t if someone held it tightly and refused on the basis that it didn't fit the whole word.
”Highly restrictive” is mostly thrown around by nommers who are too lazy to actually look for something that fits a theme or have no interest in finding new music.
It‘s the host‘s prerogative to set whatever restrictions they like for a theme. If a nom is rejected just move on to finding another. Anyone who can’t handle it can just pass.

Haha ok bud.

Guess Stokey, Purple, Ocha, etc. are 'easily confused'. Way to wade in late to the party throwing haymakers for the sake of it without having a clue what happened.
Grey Crow took the time to explain his theme even offering an unnecessary apology and you labelled it a meltdown. Pretty straightforward. Of course you would never admit that that was completely wrong. Then he quit and handed hosting to you. 1+1=2.

”Highly restrictive” is mostly thrown around by nommers who are too lazy to actually look for something that fits a theme or have no interest in finding new music.
It‘s the host‘s prerogative to set whatever restrictions they like for a theme. If a nom is rejected just move on to finding another. Anyone who can’t handle it can just pass.

Everyone was handling it, and finding noms that GC would accept. GC was the one that gave up because no one was nomming something he was willing to accept. The only one who got upset was the one who quit being the host, no one else (as far as I know in this thread or by PM) got upset. But you just assume what you want.

Grey Crow took the time to explain his theme even offering an unnecessary apology and you labelled it a meltdown. Pretty straightforward. Of course you would never admit that that was completely wrong. Then he quit and handed hosting to you. 1+1=2.

Ok. :) I find this particularly interesting from you after the meltdown you had when I rejected noms from you that didn't meet one of my themes, but carry on.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dude, when a theme comes out I have 1000s of songs in playlists I've set up for this comp which I peruse. I then go through the relevant keywords looking for songs sometimes up to 500 songs per keyword.

Even for me it was highly restrictive. And I'm far from lazy.

Dude, when a theme comes out I have 1000s of songs in playlists I've set up for this comp which I peruse. I then go through the relevant keywords looking for songs sometimes up to 500 songs per keyword.

Don't bother, he'll only engage with me because anyone else saying the same thing couldn't possibly mean the same thing as me. Everything is clearly my fault and there's no possibility that GC just got annoyed and quit.

She released 9 singles, just one went top 10 [Ciaou Baby - the first colour video clip in Oz!] and two others top 40 [I'll Come Runnin Over and Goin' Out of My Head]. She was a regular on the music programs of the 60s and 70s

That's the only song I could find. I was interested to see if she had any decent songs.

Everyone was handling it, and finding noms that GC would accept. GC was the one that gave up because no one was nomming something he was willing to accept. The only one who got upset was the one who quit being the host, no one else (as far as I know in this thread or by PM) got upset. But you just assume what you want.
Do you read what you write? “Everyone was finding noms that GC would accept”… “no one was nomming something he was willing to accept”. 🤪
(as far as I know) - I.e. you assume, “but you just assume what you want”.

You continually confuse yourself. No wonder a simple theme confuses you.

Don't bother, he'll only engage with me because anyone else saying the same thing couldn't possibly mean the same thing as me. Everything is clearly my fault and there's no possibility that GC just got annoyed and quit.
He says after answering my post in response to Purple.

I have a YouTube playlist and a Spotify playlist of stuff I find that I’d like to nom at some stage too. If there’s nothing in there that doesn’t fit a particular theme I go looking elsewhere. There are tens of thousands of songs out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back