Song Contest Part XXII, Host: Fossie 32, Theme: 1980s, Votes Due: Wednesday 9pm AEST Time

Remove this Banner Ad

Something to get tongues a wagging.

Eurovision alumni Joost and Kaarija have released, appropriately, a Eurovision like song called Trafik.

It's Eurovision worthy.
It's billy worthy.

Pick ya poison.

5: Rahzel Beatbox - Four Elements Tonga Bob
4: Alicia Keys - Girl On Fire Saint
3: Fireboy DML & Asake - Bandana spudmaster
2: The Last Dinner Party - Burn Alive Loonerty
1: Shaboozy - Tipsy (A Bar Song) Ocha905

BM: Arcade Fire - Creature Comfort Riviat
Just for you because you appreciate quality and originality, here's a longer version of Rahzel's song which is a battle between two beatboxers and two DJ's. The video goes hard as well.

Just for you because you appreciate quality and originality, here's a longer version of Rahzel's song which is a battle between two beatboxers and two DJ's. The video goes hard as well.

I know, Rahzel aside, there's Kenny Muhammad in there.

Brilliant!

I’m slightly biased as I’ve heard his work before on a Roni Size album:

Brilliant!

I’m slightly biased as I’ve heard his work before on a Roni Size album:

Love this album! I knew of Rahzel independently (maybe through his work with The Roots?) but the track he's on here is great too.

You don't most rounds? Had a shortlist of about 10 songs I could have nommed for this.
I had several songs ready for this round. Im not sure if we had a similar round where I nominated Box #10

You don't most rounds? Had a shortlist of about 10 songs I could have nommed for this.
No. TBH, for me part of the enjoyment is selecting from my vast array of internalised record vaults.😂
Usually melodies will come to mind if the theme is something that resonates with 'the vault'.
When I do have to search a bit, if I'm stumped or my choices won't be valid, I usually find a gem that I really want to nom anyway.

Not this time. It feels like wearing someone elses clothes that don't quite suit you.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

These rules are too stifling I CANNOT BREATHE
star trek spock GIF

Remove this Banner Ad

Song Contest Part XXII, Host: Fossie 32, Theme: 1980s, Votes Due: Wednesday 9pm AEST Time

Remove this Banner Ad

Back