Song Contest Part XXII, Host: Fossie 32, Theme: 1980s, Votes Due: Wednesday 9pm AEST Time

Remove this Banner Ad

Dear Avicii nommer - video ruins the flow of the song and I love the song :( Should have just gone the non-video version.
You could listen with eyes closed

marge simpson dancing GIF

Someone fill me in the deadline.
A deadline is a particular point in time where something that has been requested is due to be received.

Hope that helps šŸ‘

So I looked up Avatarium and Boneflower, and neither is a number.

I mean it clearly says you have to have a number in name of song or artist, so what am I missing...Apart from the fact this is Song ContestšŸ¤£

I mean it clearly says you have to have a number in name of song or artist, so what am I missing...Apart from the fact this is Song ContestšŸ¤£
I'd say bONEflower is what got the nom accepted (full disclosure - I didn't nom it).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My first choice was Evie Pts 1,2 and 3 by The Wrights from 2005 which was a remake from the 70s - a fundraiser for Stevie Wright :hearts: . It would have been a bit out of place in this lot :)

My faves that I can think of would be

One Long Night - Cold Chisel
The Two of Us - Beatles [Mona Lisa Twins do a sweet version]
Nothing Compares 2U - Sinead O'Connor
One - U2 [two numbers!]
Five to One - Doors
5:10 Man - Masters Apprentices
12:30 - Mamas and Papas
Three Babies - Sinead O'Connor
7 Nation Army - White Stripes
Revolution 9 - Beatles
One after 909 - Beatles
Number 9 Dream - John Lennon
One - John Farnham
2000 Light Years - Rolling Stones
25 or 6 to 4 - Chicago
Seven Year Itch - Roseanne Cash
When I'm 54 - Beatles
1999 - Prince
1985 - Wings
1921 - The Who

I'll accept what the host accepts. I wanted to nominate a song that had one but decided against it because I thought it was numbers only 1,2,3 etc or any international variant.

Dear Avicii nommer - video ruins the flow of the song and I love the song :( Should have just gone the non-video version.
I don't even watch the videos I put them in the background and listen. I don't give songs votes for the film clip.

I don't even watch the videos I put them in the background and listen. I don't give songs votes for the film clip.
Yeah same, I don't watch the videos, but the song itself was interrupted by the video :( still got votes but yeah.

Yeah same, I don't watch the videos, but the song itself was interrupted by the video :( still got votes but yeah.
Yeah, sometimes the videos detract from the music which is why I listen to music not watch it. I'm glad there's a healthy mix of songs in the list and not a bunch of tame and mellow trash.

Good to hear some loud music on the list.

Yeah, sometimes the videos detract from the music which is why I listen to music not watch it. I'm glad there's a healthy mix of songs in the list and not a bunch of tame and mellow trash.

I don't think you're understanding what porps is saying.

'Tame and mellow trash' is subjective.

I don't think you're understanding what porps is saying.
I know exactly what Porps is saying. I've nommed another Avicci song with similar breaks in the song. I've also nominated at least two other songs with the same style.

'Tame and mellow trash' is subjective.

Yes it is. I'm speaking from my perspective.

I know exactly what Porps is saying. I've nommed another Avicci song with similar breaks in the song. I've also nominated at least two other songs with the same style.
Then this post was entirely irrelevant as you'd still hear the breaks even if you didn't watch the videos...

Then this post was entirely irrelevant as you'd still hear the breaks even if you didn't watch the videos...
Yeah, until I listened to it I thought it was something stupid with the clip. What I said goes with that.

I can see why some would be put off by it and I would probably choose another version if it took too much away from the song. There's an M83 song that does this (outro) but it's instrumental, and another song I can't remember that I nominated. Might have been Lumineers that had talking breaks in the song, and also an Avicii song.

Theres a Greenday song that does it too.

Remove this Banner Ad

Song Contest Part XXII, Host: Fossie 32, Theme: 1980s, Votes Due: Wednesday 9pm AEST Time

Remove this Banner Ad

Back