Song Contest Part XXII, Host: MWPP, Theme: 4+ Letter Palindromes, Votes Due: Sunday 10:30pm AEST Time

Remove this Banner Ad

The 'Keep spending most our lives living in a gangster's paradise' bit sounds a bit like the tune of 'all the lonely people, where do they all come from?' ??
29 years separation. It makes me feel so old that in 1995. Revolver was released 29 years ago, and now here we are, and Gangstas Paradise was released 29 years ago.

29 years separation. It makes me feel so old that in 1995. Revolver was released 29 years ago, and now here we are, and Gangstas Paradise was released 29 years ago.
Oh sure, I was gonna say that.

I hate The Beatles

Is this a reaction to their extreme popularity?

Learned recently they only recorded together for 7 years. Ridiculous output over that time.

I'm a bit young, my parents were not into them and I didn't really get a whole lot of exposure to them growing up. I think their omnipresence turned me away from them a bit also.

But as someone reaching the middle stages of my life, I can certainly appreciate their talent, which to be fair revolutionised music. Some absolutely awe inspiring songwriting.

Learned recently they only recorded together for 7 years. Ridiculous output over that time.

I'm a bit young, my parents were not into them and I didn't really get a whole lot of exposure to them growing up. I think their omnipresence turned me away from them a bit also.

But as someone reaching the middle stages of my life, I can certainly appreciate their talent, which to be fair revolutionised music. Some absolutely awe inspiring songwriting.
Just never really liked them, but disliked Pink Floyd even more lol

I did go to visit Abbey Road though, and didn't mind some of John Lennon's stuff

It is weird to have 2 Beatles haters in our tiny pool of SC'ers.

I'm a bit ...they have influenced so much of pop music ...so many songwriters that I think it's fair to say it's a bit like Meryl Streep dressing down ''Andy' in The Devil Wears Prada. You probably don't realise the extent to which you've been influenced by them or artists you love have been.

Just never really liked them, but disliked Pink Floyd even more lol

I did go to visit Abbey Road though, and didn't mind some of John Lennon's stuff
Pink Floyd too?

Flabberbasted.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

we can't ALL be the same :)
Of course!
But it's melody and harmony..It is hard to understand. (for me!) And they sing about love. It's like...
What's not to like! 🤣

plus, I LOVE Pink Floyd
So currently
Deeply perplexed whilst respecting our differences.
😛💖

Of course!
But it's melody and harmony..It is hard to understand. (for me!) And they sing about love. It's like...
What's not to like! 🤣

plus, I LOVE Pink Floyd
So currently
Deeply perplexed whilst respecting our differences.
😛💖
I hear the start of a Pink Floyd song and start to look for a rest room lol

That's where I'm at. They weren't a thing for me growing up. It was chili peppers, foo fighters etc.
Obviously knew a few Beatles songs, but the depth of their work is just astonishing.

That's where I'm at. They weren't a thing for me growing up. It was chili peppers, foo fighters etc.
Obviously knew a few Beatles songs, but the depth of their work is just astonishing.
You gonna post the songlist or have already?

Remove this Banner Ad

Song Contest Part XXII, Host: MWPP, Theme: 4+ Letter Palindromes, Votes Due: Sunday 10:30pm AEST Time

Remove this Banner Ad

Back