Song Contest Part XXII, Host: Ocha905, Theme: Favourite Genre, Votes Due: Sunday 10pm AEST Time

Remove this Banner Ad

I have a really good feeling about this round

Season 21 Dancing GIF by The Voice
Im Listening GIF by Judge Jerry

Can they havestarted before 2000? As long as still going in 2000 or startup post 2000.
I'll allow it, but the song must have been released from 2000 onwards.

Girl groups or girl bands? A group like the Spice Girls I'm sure had a male playing at least one of their instruments.
I assume if the whole group is fronted by women then it doesn't matter who was playing the instruments. I assume both are acceptable (bands that play their own music and ones that don't).
I mean could you name who played drums on any Spice Girls song? No lol

This theme makes me realise my propensity to listen to male artists and all-male groups. I guess that's because there are probably more of them overall 🤔 I might like groups with a woman singing but the rest of the group are mixed genders. And I can't nom "Pure Shores" again lol. :(

I assume if the whole group is fronted by women then it doesn't matter who was playing the instruments. I assume both are acceptable (bands that play their own music and ones that don't).
It's Dinsdale. I assume nothing.

This theme makes me realise my propensity to listen to male artists and all-male groups. I guess that's because there are probably more of them overall 🤔 I might like groups with a woman singing but the rest of the group are mixed genders. And I can't nom "Pure Shores" again lol. :(

I'd say your experience will be pretty common, there's not a whole lot of them. I got lucky and discovered a brilliant all lady band accidentally a couple of years ago, so had a nom instantly.

Correct.

Thanks to the SC I was able to impress my son in law with my knowledge :drunk:

He was playing this mOderN mUsiC song which sounded familiar - and I liked it along with the rest of the album, lots of nice covers on it

Then I realised it was a cover of this song from Flashdance

which was written by the fab Lesley Gore and her bro Michael, as I discovered when I entered her version in the SC in a Modern Music round

And of course she left us with hits like this. RIP Lesley

Thanks to the SC I was able to impress my son in law with my knowledge :drunk:

He was playing this mOderN mUsiC song which sounded familiar - and I liked it along with the rest of the album, lots of nice covers on it

Then I realised it was a cover of this song from Flashdance

which was written by the fab Lesley Gore and her bro Michael, as I discovered when I entered her version in the SC in a Modern Music round

And of course she left us with hits like this. RIP Lesley

That Sarah Blasko album is 15 years old Fos

Theme:
In keeping with my magnificent win...

Girl Groups since 2000

No previous podiums.

Nom noms by 9pm Vic Bias time as per, tomorrow which is Monday for plebs but Friday4 for those in the know.
You won? Good grief, I go away for the weekend and this is what happens.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That Sarah Blasko album is 15 years old Fos
That reminds me of the time I went to visit my uncle and aunty in Queensland in 1971. I bought the single Get It On by T Rex and played it on their record player. She had a listen and said 'Is that them Beatles?'. She was only 50 then. I'm 70 :$

That reminds me of the time I went to visit my uncle and aunty in Queensland in 1971. I bought the single Get It On by T Rex and played it on their record player. She had a listen and said 'Is that them Beatles?'. She was only 50 then. I'm 70 :$

You're old as dirt.

the simpsons grandpa GIF

T Rex was one of my dad's favourites. Hot Love is one of my favourite songs of all time.

Some very good noms, 19 so far with a couple more trying to bend the rules!

Some I've never heard of whihc is great

Some very good noms, 19 so far with a couple more trying to bend the rules!

Some I've never heard of whihc is great
You better not bend the rules given my rejected nom. The second one was probably ineligible.

Hole had male members which I hadnt realized. Close to being a girl band

You better not bend the rules given my rejected nom. The second one was probably ineligible.

oh I rejected them alright !

Have a female lead singer round? My first thought was Kristin Hersh but she hangs out with boys in her bands.

Remove this Banner Ad

Song Contest Part XXII, Host: Ocha905, Theme: Favourite Genre, Votes Due: Sunday 10pm AEST Time

Remove this Banner Ad

Back