Song Contest Part XXII, Host: JHF1870, Theme: Hiking, Votes Due: Sunday 9:30pm AEDT Time

Remove this Banner Ad

Only went a couple of years but I saw some of the best shit I ever seen there. Jorge Ben Jor, Marcos Valle, Azymuth, Springtime, Inner City, Kikagaku Moyo, Gelareh Pour, Ustad Saami. Mad stuff.
Woah I've got plenty of new listening material today. Listening to Jorge now and am bloody impressed.
So nice going to a festival and having a hotel room too, had somewhere to dump the wife and kids while I was tripping balls lmao.
Sounds like fun for the whole family :p

Some great EDM artists have played there.
Tell GIF by Grease Live

Some great EDM artists have played there.
por_please_ya I went and saw an indigenous dance company called Bangarra Dance theatre last week, it was awesome and they are now going to be at the next Womadelaide. A bonus was finding out that Electric Fields were a guest composer for the show we saw, love me some didgeridoo edm 😍

por_please_ya I went and saw an indigenous dance company called Bangarra Dance theatre last week, it was awesome and they are now going to be at the next Womadelaide. A bonus was finding out that Electric Fields were a guest composer for the show we saw, love me some didgeridoo edm 😍
Oh that's wicked!! 😍 Electric Fields is so great.
I've never been to Womad but I'm very tempted by this line up....

Stay safe 🫶🏻

Are you in Adelaide? There's only two places without power in the metropolitan area so that's pretty unlucky. Looks like most of the outages are in the regions, 62 outages impacting 22,000+ customers. Bloody hell! Must have been some whopper thunderstorms up north. Hope everything is ok at your place.
Yeah, I took some videos and put on Insta, lighting strikes for hours.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Too late now. I've had power outages and wifi outages all night. HAvne't been able to access the spreadsheet.
You don't seriously expect us to believe Adelaide has those things normally, do you?

Saint has nommed the Oliver Anthony one before FYI. Would recognise that ginger beard anywhere!

Too late now. I've had power outages and wifi outages all night. HAvne't been able to access the spreadsheet.

Thanks for sorting my billy spud, doing gods work.
FWIW Of Monsters And Men - Mountain Sound, has also been nominated :(
I only know that because I considered that song but ruled it out based on the spreadsheet because of this round's no previous nominations stipulation

I don't blame you btw JHF

I blame the nommer

I accept that checking the sheet is hard from a phone. I struggle with it myself. But I do use a pdf'd version from weeks to months ago that I can access from my phone. Sorted by artist and then title. It does the trick unless something was nominated very recently. Neither of these nominations are in that boat.

FWIW Of Monsters And Men - Mountain Sound, has also been nominated :(
I only know that because I considered that song but ruled it out based on the spreadsheet because of this round's no previous nominations stipulation

I don't blame you btw JHF

I blame the nommer

I accept that checking the sheet is hard from a phone. I struggle with it myself. But I do use a pdf'd version from weeks to months ago that I can access from my phone. Sorted by artist and then title. It does the trick unless something was nominated very recently. Neither of these nominations are in that boat.
Thanks. We had severe storms here so I had to trust the nommers looked. Spreadsheet doesnt work properly on my phone

Oh that's wicked!! 😍 Electric Fields is so great.
I've never been to Womad but I'm very tempted by this line up....
... that's not even half the lineup they've dropped there's still two headliners to go (I assume one might be Australian)

If your're not far away check it out for sure, music aside they're just really well organized parties, mad soundsystems, chill crows.

Remove this Banner Ad

Song Contest Part XXII, Host: JHF1870, Theme: Hiking, Votes Due: Sunday 9:30pm AEDT Time

Remove this Banner Ad

Back