Song Contest Part XXII, Host: TubbsFarquhar, Theme: Cold, Votes Due: Sunday 9pm AEST Time

Remove this Banner Ad

OK theme is one of your parent's faves [or one from their era] that you also like

No previous noms

Noms due by 9 pm Friday

Purple7x08_24 pls send me that spreadsheet again !!! :oops:
At least my parents like some modern stuff

5 Lazy Sunday 10 Dinsdale 15th Awesome song, love the sound on it and remember how much I loved it when it first came out as a follow up to the wonderful Tin Soldier
4 Lullaby 8.9 raskolnikov 13th
3 Rat Boys 8.4 TubbsFarquhar 3rd
2 Turin 8.3 Plugger35 14th
1 Finger 11 8.3 Raveneyes 19th

Blessed are the cellar dwellers :rainbow:

Brilliant playlist. Could have picked 5 different songs easily.

5. Jump Start - Turin Brakes Plugger35 neat tune this one, new to me
4. The Window - Ratboys TubbsFarquhar our incompetent host
3. From Heads Unworthy - Rise Against Riviat probably have given more votes to Riv than anyone else
2. Ruhelos - Ellende Purple7x08_24 more votes from me, but continues to unmercifully billy me. How many times now?
1. Are We Ready? - Two Door Cinema Club 1990crow almost a streetwalker, but slips in for one

Billy. Up Middle Finger - Oxide And Neutrino. Sorry Chippy. Didn't hate it per se, just not as likeable to me.

Last edited:
Brilliant playlist. Could have picked 5 different songs easily.

5. Jump Start - Turin Brakes Plugger35 neat tune this one, new to me
4. The Window - Ratboys TubbsFarquhar our incompetent host
3. From Heads Unworthy - Rise Against Riviat probably have given more votes to Riv than anyone else
2. Ruhelos - Ellende Purple7x08_24 more votes from me, but continues to unmercifully billy me. How many times now?
1. Are We Ready? - Two Door Cinema Club 1990crow almost a streetwalker, but slips in for one

Billy. Up Middle Finger - Oxide And Neutrino. Sorry Chippy. Didn't hate it per se, just not as likeable to me.
Sorry brother. My reasoning is that Im a fan of the really dark metal. Finger Eleven doesnt hit the feels

Sorry brother. My reasoning is that Im a fan of the really dark metal. Finger Eleven doesnt hit the feels

No need for an apology.
I didn't get in your top 100 song list, but one might expect substantial numbers in your worst 100 list. ;)

You'll have plenty of billy options this round, unless someone's parents were banging to Reign In Blood back in the day.

No need for an apology.
I didn't get in your top 100 song list, but one might expect substantial numbers in your worst 100 list. ;)

You'll have plenty of billy options this round, unless someone's parents were banging to Reign In Blood back in the day.
my fav genres are black and death metal, then In Flames for heavy prog type Metal. Ive lost interest in commercial metal but parkway drive still hit well.

Both mum and dad like Winehouse and dad loves Richter like son.

Dad was and is mostly into experimental rock, black sabbath lee michaels, jan Hammer, P.F. L.Z, santana, Hawkwind, Uriah Heap, Peter Gabriel, jean michael jarre
Mungo jerry, bob dylan, neil Young, Cat Stevens, deep Purple, Eric Clapton.

I lean more towards heavy rock than a lot of the popular metal bands.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

OK theme is one of your parent's faves [or one from their era] that you also like

No previous noms

Noms due by 9 pm Friday

Purple7x08_24 pls send me that spreadsheet again !!!

#SongContestNominations

:oops:
Hey Purple7x08_24, just in case you're getting any smart ideas, if Son of Purple happens to enter this round and noms an Eluveitie song, I swear to God I'll fly over to WA and personally see to it that you're physically unable to Father any actual children in the future.
Best regards,
Friendly potato.

My parents are long deceased...might have to sit this one out
Do you remember what kind of music they liked and introduced you to? :) or even some songs you liked in your youth that they also liked?

OOC whats your goto crossfit music

Don't really have any. The gym plays it over their speakers so everyone listens to the same music. 7 Nation Army and Killing in the Name seem to bd on loop there though.

Hey Purple7x08_24, just in case you're getting any smart ideas, if Son of Purple happens to enter this round and noms an Eluveitie song, I swear to God I'll fly over to WA and personally see to it that you're physically unable to Father any actual children in the future.
Best regards,
Friendly potato.
I just found another artist starting with El......

I havent found any new Eluveitie songs.

Happy with one child.

My parents used to listen to country... 🤔
team america vomit GIF

Remove this Banner Ad

Back