Song Contest Part XXII, Host: Lunchlady Doris, Theme: 2024 (Jan-Jun), Votes Due: Wednesday 9pm AEST Time

Remove this Banner Ad

5. George Bensen - "Give Me the Night" So funky, clearly the best nom Plugger35 DQ'd
4. Charles Trenet - "La Mer" FreoGirl 3rd
3. Peter, Paul and Mary - "If I Had a Hammer" raskolnikov 6th
2. Bee Gees - "How Deep is Your Love" Chipmunk 4th
1. Eagles - "One of These Nights" Lunchlady Doris 1st

Billy - Would have given it to Devo/hotchilli 🤣
Ban him from the song contest. Billying me in a non-Billy round.

and for having no taste
That’s been quite clear with all the bullies I’ve received from him when nomming The Wombats.

Def Leppard got big votes from me, one of the very very few musical memories my Dad's given me.

I was listening to it back in high school, it was a huge album, it was released in 1987 but the singles didn't hit here until 1989.

I heard Joe Elliott talking about how everyone in the crowd turns into strippers when they hear this song which made me laugh.

They were taking the piss out of all the American hair bear faux heavy rock bands of that era and beat them at their own game.

Last edited:
I was listening to it back in high school, it was a huge album, it was released in 1987 but the singles didn't hit here until 1989.

I heard Joe Elliott talking about how everyone in the crowd turns into strippers when they hear this song which made me laugh.

I was around 10 and being shuttled 3 hours between divorced parents regularly, and the Hysteria album was usually the road trip album. Could sing every word to this day.

First riffs I wanted to learn on guitar were from Gods of War. Would love to know how to get that Phil Collen crunchy 80s lead tone.

5 Eagles - One of These Nights Lunchlady Doris 1st
4 Devo - Girl U Want hotchilli 9th
3 Tuesday’s Dead - Cat Stevens spudmaster 2nd
2 Quartet No. 2 in D Major - Borodin Ocha905 6th
1 La Mer - Charles Trenet FreoGirl 3rd

HM Hold My Hand - Hugo Barriol Riviat and quite a few others

Thanks guys

BOTES

5:
Hugo Barriol - "Hold My Hand" Riviat
4: George Benson - "Give Me The Night" Plugger35
3: Bee Gees - "How Deep Is Your Love" Chipmunk
2: Al Martino - "We Could" Fossie 32
1: Charles Trenet - "La Mer" FreoGirl

Should have got those votes in!

There's a stack of great new music out, noms coming in already!

I'm across all the great new music, that is one of the good things about this song contest it makes you seek out great new music.

Like Black Marble.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dunno. Added in an edit after posting?

The chance to contribute!
I got this alert but nothing previously. Anyway, my nom is in, I'll be interested in what genre everyone thinks it is 😉

Remove this Banner Ad

Back