Song Contest Part XXII, Host: MWPP, Theme: 4+ Letter Palindromes, Noms Due: Friday 6pm AEST Time

Remove this Banner Ad

sorry to those who won't have enough time to process and vote for noms. I need to get this round done before Monday. :) 🎶
and here we go!
I'm really looking forward to giving all of these tracks a good listen.

votes in by 9pm on Sunday - Tomorrow nite VIC bias time.

Song nominations playlist

Last edited:

I might have to give this one a miss, too short a turnaround I'm sorry :(
I'll re-join for next.

tenor.gif

I thought it was TubbsFarquhar because of The War On Drugs!
I've nommed them enough times, I want to make myself less predictable!
15 wonderful noms so far.
A big thanks to all getting votes in early.

For those who witnessed the travesty of my 1st hosting attempt, you'll appreciate why I need lots of alone time with my buddy Everest the Spread Sheet.

Looking ok so far. Using a Google Docs template someone kindly sent me after last hosting round. 😄🤣

So nom a song soon if you haven't, even if it's just to watch the possibility of another spectacular SC Host Crash!

Tonga Bob TubbsFarquhar por_please_ya and all you other lovely regulars like Loonerty and MP_
I only just saw this tag. Same with a few others, the turnaround is too short for me.

Crap, should have nommed this. Always brings a tear to my eye

I saw them on this tour at the Wollongong show. It was fantastic.

But I could have nommed the opening act for this round, The Vasco Era. Such a horrendous live performance I almost cried.
Studio versions are fine, but my god that lead singer was not on this planet.
This one was particularly bad:

But this one, pretty good:

I saw them on this tour at the Wollongong show. It was fantastic.
It was an amazing and very emotional concert. Saw them in Canberra. So glad I went otherwise I would have regretted never seeing them live.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thought about nomming this song.

When I was a little kid my friend's older sister took us to see Watership Down at the cinema thinking it was like a Disney film.

That film and theme song made me cry back then but it also brings back PTSD flashbacks so I decided to pass on nomming it.

When I was a little kid my friend's older sister took us to see Watership Down at the cinema thinking it was like a Disney film.

That film and theme song made me cry back then but it also brings back PTSD flashbacks so I decided to pass on nomming it.

When I was about 7 or 8 I used to get shocking tonsilitis and massive fevers. I was sick one day in my parents bed and they had the clock radio on to the local radio station. There had been a boy who had died tragically and every 15 minutes they would play a bit of Bright Eyes as a tribute. As I was half awake and hallucinating with fever it was giving me nightmares. I still can't listen to it.

Omg, I got taken to that as a kid too

This one hits me pretty much every time:

Spotify once played this immediately after A-Punk by Vampire Weekend. Not sure you can get much more emotional whiplash than that.

Similarly, when Back One Out nommed this in the SC I teared up listening.

Remove this Banner Ad

Song Contest Part XXII, Host: MWPP, Theme: 4+ Letter Palindromes, Noms Due: Friday 6pm AEST Time

Remove this Banner Ad

Back