Song Contest Part XXII, Host: Fossie 32, Theme: Inspirational Songs, Votes Due: Sunday 9pm AEST Time

Remove this Banner Ad

#SongContestResults

In 11th Place is Throw the Jews Down the Well by Sacha Baron Cohen as Borat with 14 votes & 5 Billies (B4B55BBB), nominated by spudmaster

Making a late charge to win the Billy by a solitary vote is our resident Funny Spud. This avatar isn't going to be a surprise for more than one reason but enjoy!

1720609843180.png

He's still living in America. I wanted to hear music from Muslim countries.

You do know the theme was Muslim artists?

And I didn’t nom Mos Def

#SongContestResults

In 10th Place is Angelsea by Cat Stevens with 14 votes & 0 Billies (331214), nominated by Fossie 32
In 9th Place is Right Now (Na Na Na) by Akon with 15 votes & 5 Billies (BBBB3B1335), nominated by Riviat
In 8th Place is Tatlı Dile Güler Yüze by Altin Gun with 16 votes & 0 Billies (42523), nominated by TubbsFarquhar
In 7th Place is Mustt Mustt by Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan with 17 votes & 0 Billies (251243), nominated by myblueroan
In 6th Place is God, Allow Me (Please) to Play Music by Voice of Baceprot with 21 votes & 1 Billies (42125B43), nominated by Ocha905

Not quite making the 8 is Fossie with another nom I thought was a pre-round favourite.
Akon started out on fire but mostly collected Billy's from there.
Really enjoyed Altin Gun and Nusrat but couldn't fit them into the votes (story of the playlist really).

#SongContestResults

In 5th Place is Saturn by SZA with 21 votes & 0 Billies (4415142), nominated by Chipmunk
In 4th Place is Bolo Na by Arooj Aftab with 23 votes & 1 Billies (131223241B4), nominated by Stokey

I was surprised SZA was eligible for this round. A great pick from a great album.
Stokey cruelly misses out on the podium due to a rogue Billy.

#SongContestResults

In 3rd Place is Hip Hop by Mos Def with 23 votes & 0 Billies (4255412), nominated by omgfridge

Great to see Mos Def getting some representation, I think he's generally underrated by rap listeners.

That's fine. But it was my preference to hear music from Muslim countries and I voted accordingly.

Oh good - your initial comment implied that Americans were less eligible for being Muslim compared to people from Muslim countries, but fair enough if that’s your point.

That's fine. But it was my preference to hear music from Muslim countries and I voted accordingly.

I did too, and I voted accordingly too. And got to hear plenty of wonderful music.

But that Mos Def jam was too perfect not to nom, I ain't apologising.

#SongContestResults

In 2nd Place is Auditorium by Mos Def ft. Slick Rick with 31 votes & 1 Billies (3B43435531), nominated by Lunchlady Doris
In 1st Place is Kara Chan by Kanykei with 32 votes & 0 Billies (1531445225), nominated by raskolnikov

In a SC first the Kyrgyz Republic wins a SC round by just a vote and a Billy, courtesy of the adventurous contestant Rask! Congratulations!!

Commiserations to LD who has had a strong run of form since joining the SC.

What's the theme rask?

Muslim Artists
5 Nusrat Fateh
4 Altin Gun
3 Mos Def
2 Hip Hop
1 Bolo Na
B Akon
I did too, and I voted accordingly too. And got to hear plenty of wonderful music.

But that Mos Def jam was too perfect not to nom, I ain't apologising.
Was tough to split them

BOTES

5:
Mos Def feat. Slick Rick - "Auditorium" Lunchlady Doris
4: Arooj Aftab - "Bolo Na" Stokey
3: Altın Gün - "Tatlı Dile Güler Yüze" TubbsFarquhar
2: Kanykei - "Kara Chan" raskolnikov
1: Mos Def - "Hip Hop" omgfridge

BM: Dongker - "Merusak Kesenangan" Saint

Never thought I'd ever vote for two Mos Def songs in the one playlist lol

HM: Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan (both), Voice of Baceprot, Fares Karam, Ahmad Jamal Trio, Oğuzhan Koç
Wish I could have voted for you all!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

5 - Voice of Baceprot - God, Allow Me - Ocha905 Really nice riffage, bonus points for bass solo
4 - Kanykei - Kara Chan - raskolnikov Giving me serious Cranberries Vibes
3 - Arooj Aftab - Bolo Na - Stokey Hypnotic!!
2 - Altin Gui - Tatli Dile Guler Yuze - TubbsFarquhar Seriously funky
1 - The Ahmad Jamal Trio - Stolen Moments - JoshWoodenSpoon love me a bit of jazzy piano

BM - Borat, the man's a Tengrist!

#SongContestResults

In 11th Place is Throw the Jews Down the Well by Sacha Baron Cohen as Borat with 14 votes & 5 Billies (B4B55BBB), nominated by spudmaster

Making a late charge to win the Billy by a solitary vote is our resident Funny Spud. This avatar isn't going to be a surprise for more than one reason but enjoy!

View attachment 2044698
nice wow wow wee wow GIF

5) Mos Def - Auditorium
4) Dongker
3) Voice of Baceprot
2) Ahmad Jamal
1) Islamic Trance

B) Borat

5: Kara Toz- The Black Dust ( nice mix of influences..notably The Cranberries😛)

4: Arooj Aftab - Bolo Na ( would have been 1st by a mile if not for the Moor Mother voice over which imho completely ruined an amazing track) what a stunning voice!!

3: Ahmad Jamal - Stolen Moments

2: Oğuzhan Koç - Beni İyi Sanıyorlar ( not saying I chose it for the horses..but I figure it was a nice lovesong to the horse..so ...yeah🤣)

1: Dongker - Merusak Kesenangan

BILLY: maNga - Parti (dude..bad music is bad in any language)

Prioritised new-to-me artists -

5. Ahmad Jamal Trio - "Stolen Moments" JoshWoodenSpoon DQ'd
4. Kanykei - "Kara Chan" raskolnikov 1st
3. Dongker - "Marusak Kensenagan" Saint 12th
2. Sami Yousef - "Who is the Loved One" giantroo 15th
1. Fares Karam - "El Tannoura" Callums_Guns 17th

Billy. The Ukulele song.

HM's - Too many to mention and I'm all SC'd out.

Playlist rating - 8/10. Overall I'm really pleased how that went and loved listening to plenty of hidden gems. Thanks to those who participated.

BOTES

5:
Mos Def feat. Slick Rick - "Auditorium" Lunchlady Doris
4: Arooj Aftab - "Bolo Na" Stokey
3: Altın Gün - "Tatlı Dile Güler Yüze" TubbsFarquhar
2: Kanykei - "Kara Chan" raskolnikov
1: Mos Def - "Hip Hop" omgfridge

BM: Dongker - "Merusak Kesenangan" Saint

Never thought I'd ever vote for two Mos Def songs in the one playlist lol

HM: Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan (both), Voice of Baceprot, Fares Karam, Ahmad Jamal Trio, Oğuzhan Koç
Wish I could have voted for you all!
(Oops🤭😳sorry Porps!!)

Song Contest Part XXII, Host: Fossie 32, Theme: Inspirational Songs, Votes Due: Sunday 9pm AEST Time

Remove this Banner Ad

Back