Song Contest Part XXII, Host: por_please_ya, Theme: Who, What, When, Where, Why, How, Noms Due: Thursday 10pm AEDT Time

Remove this Banner Ad

I don’t accept billy tags 😡
Season 1 Friends GIF by Everything's Trash

In 8th position with 18 votes & 4 billies (55431BBBB) is Didgedelik by Hilight Tribe, as nominated by MP_

In 7th position with 21 votes & nil billies (544221111) is Put Your Records On by Corinne Bailey Rae, as nominated by omgfridge

In 6th position with 22 votes & 1 billy (555421B) is True Love Will Find You In The End by Daniel Johnston, as nominated by MC Bad Genius

In 5th position with 24 votes & 1 billy (54442221B) is Chicken In The Corn (House Remix) by Brushy One String & The Kiffness, as nominated by Harvey Manfrenjensenden
Clint Eastwood Coffee GIF

Y'all are lucky that I didn't give myself bonus votes for the double banger (Love in the artist name & title).

Here's a newer remix of it which absolutely slaps, but nominated the classic Jam & Spoon remix as that was the one that took me back to Days of Yore.

You may have gotten votes in another round, I have your song and it's a goodie 😊

5 - Daniel Johnston - True Love Will Find You MC Bad Genius - cover of this was released recently in a surfy style by an English bloke called Crybaby. Might like it - might think it's sacrilege :D

4 - Finley Quaye - Dice Ocha905 - nearly got my 5 again. Love the Layo & Bushwacka remix of this tune, brilliant.

3 - Mireille Mathieu - Un femme amoureuses Freofalcon - forgot this song existed, nice nostalgia.

2 - Age of Love - The Age of Love (Jam n Spoon Mix) Tonga Bob - Classic

1 - Bee Gees - More Than a Woman por_please_ya - love it

BM - Level 42 - Lessons in Love
Geez I owe you that many bloody votes!

Dice is an all time fav but I only just discovered the aforementioned remix looking it up for the song contest! Undecided which one I like more..

5: Corinne Bailey Ray - Girl put Your Records On. (pure joy.💖) omgfridge

4: Teddy Swims - Let Me Love You (voice chef) Callums_Guns

3: Wild Orchard - Love Theme Riviat

2: Bee Gees - More Than A Woman PorPleaseYa

1: The Cure - Fragile Thing TubbsFarquhar

Billy: Alice Deejay - Will I ever

HM. Daniel Johnston

Some decent stuff and some utter shit lol 😜

5. The Shangri-Las - Leader of the pack
4. Bee Gees - More than a woman
3. Air Supply - I’m all out of Love
2. Dami Im - Super Love
1. Corinne Bailey Rae - Put your records on

HM - Brushy one string & The Kiffness - Chicken in the corn (bad but the tune was annoyingly good… kind of)

Billy - Daniel Johnston - True love will find you in the end (saw my bloody wrists off ffs

THEME: Who, what, when, where, why, how

Nominate a song that has one (or more) of these question words in the title. Any language.

No previous nominations.
No artist double ups.

Noms due THURSDAY 10PM AEDT.

For pretty much the whole contest, Une Femme Amoureuse by Mireille Mathieu which was nominated by Freofalcon led all comers, and finished on 33 votes & 1 billy (5554433211B).

However, in the very last of the 26 set of votes to land in my inbox it was overtaken by More Than A Woman by The Bee Gees, which received 34 votes & 1 billy (54444333211B)! One single vote in it, and who said democracy is dead!!!!!! So give it up for the Love Parade winner - por_please_ya

And I'm done before 10pm, so everyone's kicking goals. Turning in now.

Looks like my 4 votes for the Bee Gees cost me a win

Thank ****

(Log in to remove this ad.)

5. Frank Wilson - Do I Love You spinynorman
4. The Foundations - Build Me Up Buttercup DemurePrincess
3. Bee Gees - More Than a Woman por_please_ya
2. Finley Quaye - Dice Ocha905
1. Daniel Johnston - True Love Will Find You in the End MC Bad Genius

My top eight songs were all fairly evenly matched and the votes could've gone anywhere.

****, I almost nominated Babs’ Woman in Love and then a French karaoke version was runner up??

My votes:

5. Daniel Johnston - True Love Will Find You in the End MC Bad Genius
4. The Shangri-Las - Leader of the Pack Dinsdale
2. Age of Love - The Age of Love Tonga Bob
1. The Foundations - Build Me Up Buttercup DemurePrincess

Billy. Air Supply - All Out of Love raskolnikov

The moral podium position is the aforementioned divisive song...

In 4th position with 25 votes & 8 billies (5544322BBBBBBBB) is the appropriately titled All Out Of Love by Air Supply, as nominated by raskolnikov

If instead of the original version you had've entered the version from the self-proclaimed Best Cover Band In The World then you would have had all of my votes.

But instead you get the Billy for this round, so please enjoy the cover of Me First And The Gimme Gimmes Go Down Under EP as your avatar, on which the song features.

I considered nomming that Air Supply song myself, just as well I didn't, I dodged the Billy bullet.

5: Didgedelik.
4: Chicken in the Corn. (Electro swing is it?)
3: The Age of Love. (As remixed by Jam and Spoon.)
2: Une Femme Amoureuse.
1: Put Your Records On.

B: All out of Love.

HB:

The Love You Find in the End.
Super Love.

Happy with this.

Despite its silliness, Chicken in the Corn goes hard with an electro swing remix.

The remix does it for me.

****, I almost nominated Babs’ Woman in Love and then a French karaoke version was runner up??

My votes:

5. Daniel Johnston - True Love Will Find You in the End MC Bad Genius
4. The Shangri-Las - Leader of the Pack Dinsdale
2. Age of Love - The Age of Love Tonga Bob
1. The Foundations - Build Me Up Buttercup DemurePrincess

Billy. Air Supply - All Out of Love raskolnikov
Hmmm, my nemesis gives me 4, maybe I won't use this tactical nuclear warhead on Luton airport.

5 The Foundations - Build Me Up Buttercup DemurePrincess 3rd
4 Mireille Mathieu - Une femme amoureuse Freofalcon 2nd
3 Bee Gees - More Than A Woman por_please_ya 1st
2 Air Supply - All Out Of Love raskolnikov 4th
1 The Mighty Avengers - So Much In Love Fossie 32 25th
BM: Hilight Tribe - Didgedelik MP_ 18th / 4 Billies

Remove this Banner Ad

Song Contest Part XXII, Host: por_please_ya, Theme: Who, What, When, Where, Why, How, Noms Due: Thursday 10pm AEDT Time

Remove this Banner Ad

Back