Song Contest Part XXII, Host: Fossie 32, Theme: 1980s, Votes Due: Wednesday 9pm AEST Time

Remove this Banner Ad

What's the go here? I read the OP but I'm still a bit lost.
Oh no wuzzas. Everyone is lost here.
We've been waiting for rescue for...how many years is it Fossie 32 ?

Find a song that fits the category for the round
Post the you tube of it in a PM to round's host...which atm is Purple7x08_24

Then Purple will post a playlist of all the noms.

Choose your 5 favs from 5 to 1.
Your least fav is called a BILLY.
PM the host again with your choices

And that's it!
Jump on in.😊

What's the go here? I read the OP but I'm still a bit lost.
It's all good, everyone's been in your position to start with. Welcome aboard (hopefully).

Message Purple7x08_24 with a Youtube link of a song that was released from 1990-2005. Restrictions are no previous winners and nothing nominated after Round 401.

You can check previously nominated songs via a link on the opening post here -

1723697660059.png

Or just PM Purple with your song and ask him to check.

Who's the spreadsheet master? Found a couple of typos, wondering who I should notify?
They're not typos, my noms really did score that poorly.
Feel free to pm the required changes through, or even just post them in here and one of us slackers will get on it.

They're not typos, my noms really did score that poorly.
Feel free to pm the required changes through, or even just post them in here and one of us slackers will get on it.
Since it's been brought up can I get the following corrected please 🙏

Gillian instead of Gillina
1723703403257.png

Can I get my whopping 4 votes and 1 Billy for my ever second nom -
1723703518628.png

This one's really petty but it's Sun Kil Moon (1 "l" in Kil) -
1723703714397.png

Lastly the author and song is the wrong way around (Hanggai is the artist, Xiger Xiger the song) -
1723703825247.png

Thanks heaps for all your work doing the spreadsheet!

Oh no wuzzas. Everyone is lost here.
We've been waiting for rescue for...how many years is it Fossie 32 ?
It started well before my I joined up :)
Still plenty of time for people to be enlightened by my musical sacrifices offerings.

Confused Tonight Show GIF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Since it's been brought up can I get the following corrected please 🙏

Gillian instead of Gillina
View attachment 2080006

Can I get my whopping 4 votes and 1 Billy for my ever second nom -
View attachment 2080008

This one's really petty but it's Sun Kil Moon (1 "l" in Kil) -
View attachment 2080012

Lastly the author and song is the wrong way around (Hanggai is the artist, Xiger Xiger the song) -
View attachment 2080018

Thanks heaps for all your work doing the spreadsheet!

View attachment 2080031

Dinosuar Jr.

I forgot the rest, will post if I notice again.
Too easy :thumbsupv1:

Geez I always nomm songs that haven't been done before but just looking at the spreadsheet and the song I had my first of two wins with, King of Pain by Police, had already been nommed by Plugger35 in round 137 but came 27th with 4 votes :$

Haven't spotted any typos and I'm down to the P's spudmaster [in the artist names]

Geez I always nomm songs that haven't been done before but just looking at the spreadsheet and the song I had my first of two wins with, King of Pain by Police, had already been nommed by Plugger35 in round 137 but came 27th with 4 votes :$

Haven't spotted any typos and I'm down to the P's spudmaster [in the artist names]
I've only been pitching in for two minutes in the scheme of things so it's not my hard work you're seeing - people have done a great job given how long this thing seems to have been running for! More often than not it'll just be duplicate entries of artist names (ACDC, AC/DC, AC.DC etc etc) that get a quick tidy up when they arise. Or fat-finger typos if they're recent errors :embarrassedv1:

I've only been pitching in for two minutes in the scheme of things so it's not my hard work you're seeing - people have done a great job given how long this thing seems to have been running for! More often than not it'll just be duplicate entries of artist names (ACDC, AC/DC, AC.DC etc etc) that get a quick tidy up when they arise. Or fat-finger typos if they're recent errors :embarrassedv1:
I'm doing the cricket and afl redraft spreadsheets and you always come into problems when multiple people edit the doc. I've been finding a lot of entries with spaces after. But it's easy to find when you do a pivot table.

Had you thought about doing one for the SC spreadsheet. I'm sure you're well versed but you could show each artist and who's nominated them.

Great job! All I got is seperate entries for 'Spencer David Group' and 'The Spencer David Group'

Great job! All I got is seperate entries for 'Spencer David Group' and 'The Spencer David Group'
Little caveat, when searching stuff like that, search for "er davi" that should get you the results without having to type the whole thing

Ta Foss - fixed :thumbsu:

Little caveat, when searching stuff like that, search for "er davi" that should get you the results without having to type the whole thing
Nifty trick!

I'm doing the cricket and afl redraft spreadsheets and you always come into problems when multiple people edit the doc. I've been finding a lot of entries with spaces after. But it's easy to find when you do a pivot table.

Had you thought about doing one for the SC spreadsheet. I'm sure you're well versed but you could show each artist and who's nominated them.
I imagine Tubbs had something along those lines for when he was doing his Hall of Fame / Hall of Shame(?) reporting? albeit for votes/streaks etc. Yeah I get you re. the multiple people with spreadsheets - run into it at work all the time. My manager has her own way of doing things, and I've got the right way of doing it :cautiousv1:
The draft stuff sounds fun!

Ta Foss - fixed :thumbsu:

Nifty trick!

I imagine Tubbs had something along those lines for when he was doing his Hall of Fame / Hall of Shame(?) reporting? albeit for votes/streaks etc. Yeah I get you re. the multiple people with spreadsheets - run into it at work all the time. My manager has her own way of doing things, and I've got the right way of doing it :cautiousv1:
The draft stuff sounds fun!
I've had loads of fun with it but the cricket one sucks. All the players I want have been taken.

With spreadsheets, everything should be unifrom.

It's all good, everyone's been in your position to start with. Welcome aboard (hopefully).

Message Purple7x08_24 with a Youtube link of a song that was released from 1990-2005. Restrictions are no previous winners and nothing nominated after Round 401.

You can check previously nominated songs via a link on the opening post here -

View attachment 2079929

Or just PM Purple with your song and ask him to check.
My nom is in, lets roll :cool:

Remove this Banner Ad

Song Contest Part XXII, Host: Fossie 32, Theme: 1980s, Votes Due: Wednesday 9pm AEST Time

Remove this Banner Ad

Back