Song Contest Part XXII, Host: Fossie 32, Theme: 1980s, Noms Due: Monday 9pm AEST Time

Remove this Banner Ad

Only exceptions are songs that blatantly don't fit. The classic example from this contest is a Steely Dan song (with lyrics) being nommed in an instrumental round and Space Oddity in the supernatural round.
It was Halloween round and the host allowed tenuous links.

Competitors shouldn't be voting based on what they think qualifies for the theme. Just trust the host that it qualifies. Vote based on how good the music is.
The way I see it( he said...)
We follow the parameters set by the host.

As some choose to vote with bias against classic big hits or or songs that did well on SC previously, even if they are allowed by Host, then personal voting decisions, including how you choose to decide your votes is acceptable I reckon.

Eg: If I like 2 or 3 songs but have 1 vote left. I might decide on a number of factors including how well I perceive the song and topic to match.

Unless we make up a standard SC etiquette list, it seems right that voters have a ton of freedom in how they choose to vote.

Still got a lot of votes to collect and we have a deadline by 7PM

Only one donut, and I wasn't expecting it, but it's still very early days.

We're getting a new host. Doubt anyone picks my nom this round.

23​
22​
17​
16​
12​
11​
10​

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can you remind me in 4 hours? About to go to the footy
season 7 episode 6 GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

Remove this Banner Ad

Song Contest Part XXII, Host: Fossie 32, Theme: 1980s, Noms Due: Monday 9pm AEST Time

Remove this Banner Ad

Back