Song Contest Part XXII, Host: Fossie 32, Theme: 1980s, Votes Due: Wednesday 9pm AEST Time

Remove this Banner Ad

Great, the sleeping crossfitter wins and hasn't provided a theme has he?
Lucky for you i haven't gone to bed yet. The theme, in honour of Collingwood, Carlton and Essendon all failing miserably this weekend is "Songs to do with failure or letdowns". I'll accept noms in the morning. No previous podiums. Due tomorrow night at 9.

Haha figured it was you purple with my Billy after your 'harsh vocals' comment.🤣
I like harsh vox but not those vocals.

5: Caspian - Hickory 54 Riviat

4: Doves Tonga Bob 💖😄

3: Blonde Redhead - 23 TubbsFarquhar

2: King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard - Slow Jam 1 omgfridge

1: The Guest List - 161 1990crow

BILLY: Yektenia 1. For using a beautiful icon with that anti-music, but I would have billied it anyway I guess.

HM'S:
Yard Act: 100% Endurance
Boneyard
The American Dollar

Lucky for you i haven't gone to bed yet. The theme, in honour of Collingwood, Carlton and Essendon all failing miserably this weekend is "Songs to do with failure or letdowns". I'll accept noms in the morning. No previous podiums. Due tomorrow night at 9.
Don't forget North Melbourne, Melbourne, the Bulldogs and Fremantle! Lots of epic fails to go around.

BOTES

5:
Dido - "See You When You're 40" made me emotional, have always liked this song Fossie 32
4: Avicii vs Nicky Romero - "I Could Be The One" MP_
3: Yard Act - "100% Endurance" Loonerty
2: Ben Barnes - "11:11" MWPP
1: Kai Tracid - "4 Just 1 Day" Chipmunk

BM: Batushka - "Yekteniya I: Ochishcheniye" Purple7x08_24

Is this a first?
Maybe
Jimmy Fallon Good Job GIF

5) The Grates
4) The Smashing Pumpkins
3) Kai Tracid
2) The Gaslight Anthem
1) Blonde Redhead

B) Crystalyne

I originally nominated The Grates which was taken, which got 13 votes & 2 billies.

I then nominated Doves, which got 13 votes & 2 billies.

IMG_0491.jpeg

Don't forget North Melbourne, Melbourne, the Bulldogs and Fremantle! Lots of epic fails to go around.
LALALALALA SHUT UP SHUT UP DIDN’T HAPPEN SHUT UP

I'd argue Brisbane's was the biggest failure of the round. The Gabba, 2nd spot up for grabs, 3 goals up early in the last Q.
Loved it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

5 The Guest List - 161 1990crow 15th
4 Yard Act - 100% Endurance Loonerty 7th
3 Avicii vs Nicky Romero - I Could Be The One MP_ 6th
2 Dido - See You When You're 40 Fossie 32 3rd
1 Lady Blackbird - Five Feet Tall Stokey DQ
BM Batushka - Yekteniya I: Ochishcheniye Purple7x08_24 13th /6 Billies

The Doggies, Norf and Freo should get some love as well.

Last edited:
I'm so sick of artists only uploading a bloated cinematic version to Youtube. It's prevented me from nomming so many songs. Upload the album version too for crying out loud.

E.g. This banga has a minute of bloat :rolleyes:

Remove this Banner Ad

Song Contest Part XXII, Host: Fossie 32, Theme: 1980s, Votes Due: Wednesday 9pm AEST Time

Remove this Banner Ad

Back