Song Contest Part XXII, Host: Fossie 32, Theme: 1980s, Votes Due: Wednesday 9pm AEST Time

Remove this Banner Ad

9th = :

Fireboy DML & Asake
Bandana
Scorpions
Wind of Change

Despite its many complaints, Scorpions finish in the top 10.

This completes the tied votes.

All singles from this point forward.

8​
Shaboozey
A Bar Song (Tipsy)
7​
The Doobie Brothers
Black Water

6​
Arcade Fire
Creature Comfort

5: Doobies - Black Water RedmanWasHere

4: Lito Nebbia Stokey

3: Air: Kelly Watch the Water Purple7x08_24

2: Two Door Cinema Club - Sun 1990crow

1: Owl Eyes: Salt Water por_please_ya

Billy: Alex is possessed by Satan. This could be anywhere but I reckon it's hell.

5: Doobies - Black Water

4: Lito Nebbia

3: Air: Kelly Watch the Water

2: Two Door Cinema Club - Sun

1: Owl Eyes: Salt Water

Billy: Alex is possessed by Satan. This could be anywhere but I reckon it's hell.

Sad Season 3 GIF by The Lonely Island

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Earth Wind Fire Water5ShaboozeyA Bar Song
4Arcade FireCreature
3AlexisonfireThis Could Be Anywhere In The World
2ELOFire on High
1ScorpionsWinds Of Change
BRahzel BeatboxFour Elements (too much)

5. Monika Roscher Bigband - "Firebird" A brilliant melting pot of genres. Ulahoopski
4. Fireboy DML & Asake - "Bandana" I thought I could sit on nomming this but apparently not! spudmaster
3. Litto Nebbia - "Tierra, Viento & Fuego (En Vivo)" Smooth and groovy Stokey
2. Owl Eyes - "Saltwater" Dreamy, synthy goodness por_please_ya
1. Alexisonfire - "This Could Be Anywhere In The World" Shocked this hasn't been nommed hotchilli

Billy. Scorpions - "Wind of Change" How did this become a smash hit? So one note and generic.

HM's. Jimi Hendrix, Two Door Cinema Club, The Last Dinner Party, Chip, ELO, The Cult and Ben Howard

Podium Prediction - Grade: F. I had no idea!

Gold. Arcade Fire
Silver. The Last Dinner Party
Bronze. Alexisonfire
Billy. Shaboozey

Playlist Rating. 9/10. Elite. SC is on a hot streak.

Sorry Ocha905 but I cannot ****ing stand that song. Completely astounded that it's so popular.
No wuckas Loonerty 🤗 I'm shocked it didn't win the Billy so that's a bonus. Did you hate it from the jump or get sick of it after hearing it so often?

Um, 17th - 22nd?

Nah I like to do it differently.

Always thought the "tied first next placing 3rd" format looked a bit irregular and doesn't fit the way I prefer to order lists.

Boted.

I have three questions.
1. How does Shaboozy fit the theme?
Lyrics refers to whisky/Jack Daniels. Jack Daniels sells a Fire version with cinnamon. I've wanted to nom the song since June but the themes since then haven't let (other than the 2024 Best Of one where I had 100's of candidates). Therefore I shoehorned it in before everyone gets sick of it haha.
2. Is it really the No. 1 song in Aus atm.
3. Really?
I knew it was popular from the view count but haven't heard it in Aus yet. The day I do will be the day I turn on it!

Remove this Banner Ad

Song Contest Part XXII, Host: Fossie 32, Theme: 1980s, Votes Due: Wednesday 9pm AEST Time

Remove this Banner Ad

Back