Song Contest Part XXII, Host: Fossie 32, Theme: 1980s, Noms Due: Monday 9pm AEST Time

Remove this Banner Ad

Nah.

Only one way.

Like, if Moby is selected for example, then we all choose songs he sampled and not songs that sampled Moby.
ok, that makes sense given they're basically sampling from older sources. So it looks like there are going to be a lot of 'classics'

Apologies for the DQ. It has been awhile.
Last minute RL things took precedence today. Should have listened yesterday when I had the chance.
Not into the theme for the next round so I will skip it.

So you know how DJ's have songs and those songs are often filled with samples?

You know how I gave everyone the option of picking between Moby, Fatboy Slim OR The Avalanches and that we ONLY choose one of the 3 and that EVERYONE picks a song that was sampled by the winning choice?

We, then, go on to WhoSampled.com (or other websites) and find a song that was sampled by one of the 3.

It's that easy.

I was just getting ready to send in my botes, the host should get the billy for changing it to an 8pm cut off time, ridiculous.

At least I didn't cost The Church a win, they were robbed again with one of their best songs from Hologram of Baal.

Some people here must have their ears painted on, it was the best song in the playlist.
I literally put it in 18 point BOLD font so you and everyone else would know the deadline. It was also in the thread header.

only 283 for Moby
Wait. Can only nom from those 3?
Discover No Way GIF by ADWEEK

So you know how DJ's have songs and those songs are often filled with samples?

You know how I gave everyone the option of picking between Moby, Fatboy Slim OR The Avalanches and that we ONLY choose one of the 3 and that EVERYONE picks a song that was sampled by the winning choice?

We, then, go on to WhoSampled.com (or other websites) and find a song that was sampled by one of the 3.

It's that easy.
Awkward Season 4 GIF by The Office

(Log in to remove this ad.)

5 votes) The Pogues
4 votes) Dropkick Murphys
3 votes) Weddos
2 votes) The Church
1 vote) Childish Gambino

B) Ed Sheeran - anything to do with red and black deserves my ire

Why just those 3 artists. Its an OK theme except for that.

I've asked for a change of thread title to the 4 elements so ignore the discaded theme.

Remove this Banner Ad

Song Contest Part XXII, Host: Fossie 32, Theme: 1980s, Noms Due: Monday 9pm AEST Time

Remove this Banner Ad

Back