Song Contest Part XXII, Host: Riviat, Theme: R.I.V Artists, Votes Due: Wednesday 9:30pm AEDT Time

Remove this Banner Ad

#SongContestPlaylist

Votes due by 10pm AEDT Sunday

Still waiting on a replacement nom so will leave it open for a bit longer.

Hopefully Riviat doesn't listen to this playlist for their own wellbeing.

P.S. Your current avatar might be my favourite in the history of my time on BF. Only missing my favourite Thug Life cat to make it absolute perfection -

Voted

Love Boat Smile GIF

If the current SC crew was going to release a best of compilation I'm guessing these artists would feature -

Blur
Queens of the Stone Age
Holly Humberstone
Hozier
M83
Nick Cave
Hoo Doo Gurus
Electric Light Orchestra
Ed Sheeren
The Beatles
Death Cab
Massive Attack
Eminem
Vampire Weekend

Boted

Listened while making chilli con carne 🌶

Interesting playlist.
Country is back in vogue.

No trucks mentioned (but plenty of trains!) so I'll post this -

If the current SC crew was going to release a best of compilation I'm guessing these artists would feature -

Blur
Queens of the Stone Age
Holly Humberstone
Hozier
M83
Nick Cave
Hoo Doo Gurus
Electric Light Orchestra
Ed Sheeren
The Beatles
Death Cab
Massive Attack
Eminem
Vampire Weekend
Noticing a distinct lack of spudmaster-nommed artists there buddy. You got something you want to get off your chest?

Noticing a distinct lack of spudmaster-nommed artists there buddy. You got something you want to get off your chest?
Only that your noms aren't "contagious" (like mine fwiw). You're a unique nommer who's climbed to 16th out of 49 on my most-voted list.

Blur
Queens of the Stone Age
Holly Humberstone
Hozier
M83
Nick Cave
Hoo Doo Gurus
Electric Light Orchestra
Ed Sheeren
The Beatles
Death Cab
Massive Attack
Eminem
Vampire Weekend
HAHA, that's quite accurate

I was only just thinking about artists that consistently poll well. Those are definitely the ones.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This song is an earworm.

I gave it 3 botes in the last round, I would give it 5 botes now.

Blur

Queens of the Stone Age
Holly Humberstone
Hozier
M83
Nick Cave
Hoo Doo Gurus
Electric Light Orchestra
Ed Sheeren
The Beatles
Death Cab
Massive Attack
Eminem
Vampire Weekend

No Black Marble?

Blur
Queens of the Stone Age
Holly Humberstone
Hozier
M83
Nick Cave
Hoo Doo Gurus
Electric Light Orchestra
Ed Sheeren
The Beatles
Death Cab
Massive Attack
Eminem
Vampire Weekend
My trance genre noms have been doing ok lately

Hopefully Riviat doesn't listen to this playlist for their own wellbeing.

P.S. Your current avatar might be my favourite in the history of my time on BF. Only missing my favourite Thug Life cat to make it absolute perfection -

This is ominous. Tempted to sub-contract the listening of the playlist to someone else, any takers? The pay sucks but you can give yourself 5

My new motto: Keeping Ocha905 entertained with cat avs since 2023

Blur
Queens of the Stone Age
Holly Humberstone
Hozier
M83
Nick Cave
Hoo Doo Gurus
Electric Light Orchestra
Ed Sheeren
The Beatles
Death Cab
Massive Attack
Eminem
Vampire Weekend
Even I have picked up on this in my time here.

There should be a special award for NOT being a suckhole boatwhore. Person who has nommed any of these bands the least times overall.

I didn't give HH votes in the last round I played for this exact reason.

There should be a special award for NOT being a suckhole boatwhore. Person who has nommed any of these bands the least times overall.

'suckhole boatwhore'
Permission to re-use?

Interesting. I guess the good thing for you is I'm not so savage. Enjoy your 5 votes again

To be fair, the theme was ‘the last musical act you spent money on’

To not vote for HH because I went to her concert the previous week seems incredibly harsh.

So to be cool you need to vote for songs you don't think will do well even if you don't like them so much?
Just looking at the Beatles they have had I make 85 nomms with about 20 top 5s and about 5 1st places so not a raging success...... especially when I nomm them :p

Remove this Banner Ad

Song Contest Part XXII, Host: Riviat, Theme: R.I.V Artists, Votes Due: Wednesday 9:30pm AEDT Time

Remove this Banner Ad

Back