Song Contest Part XXII, Host: Ocha905, Theme: Favourite Genre, Noms Due: Thursday 9pm AEST Time

Remove this Banner Ad

5 - Screamfeeder - Hi-C Tonga Bob
4 - Thievery Corp - Shadows of Ourselves TubbsFarquhar
3 - Tiesto - Lethal Industry RedmanWasHere
2 - Blur - Chemical World raskolnikov
1 - U2 - Mysterious Ways Fossie 32

Once again forgot to billy.

Sorry I would have put my hand up to host last night but I couldn't get away from real life.

These rounds can bring out some really good music. I wonder what sort of genre mix we get. Im guessing some dance and electronic, rap and some heavier bands. Hopefully some country.
5e2415f5-7223-45f8-ab53-bd1b03771ca7_text.gif

These rounds can bring out some really good music. I wonder what sort of genre mix we get. Im guessing some dance and electronic, rap and some heavier bands. Hopefully some country.
1724059070924.png

This was my last cut (am I evolving into Harvey Manfrenjensenden? ) -

This is a band I've always wanted to introduce to the comp but it's got that 90s boy band feel and would never do well.

The question is: Do I go for country, or death/black metal

This is a band I've always wanted to introduce to the comp but it's got that 90s boy band feel and would never do well.

Well, depends if you want a vote or not.😛

Well, depends if you want a vote or not.😛
If I go for a decent country or Death/Black metal song, I will likely get between 12-20 votes but never enough to podium

RedmanWasHere
TubbsFarquhar
1990crow
Stokey
Plugger35

Season 2 Time GIF by American Gods

Last edited:
I think it would do alright in general but be in strong contention for my Billy.
I can't remember the last country song you've nommed so.. maybe.

If I go for a decent country or Death/Black metal song, I will likely get between 12-20 votes but never enough to podium
Country would probably do worse than 12 if Shaboozey is any indication.

Metal has had some decent results though, The Birthday Massacre won 20 or so rounds ago.

Both don't get nommed much though obviously. My recent offerings in both genres have been rather tame so as not to draw the wrath of the normies (which hasn't worked out for me in general lately anyway).

Thirty Minute Warning! You've been warned.

Playlist will be dropping at 10pm sharp and so will I (3am wake up tomorrow 🤮) and the first sets of votes will no doubt have been received by the time I log in tomorrow arvo so no opportunity for late additions.

20 noms to date.

Lets Go Politics GIF by The Democrats

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thirty Minute Warning! You've been warned.

Playlist will be dropping at 10pm sharp and so will I (3am wake up tomorrow 🤮) and the first sets of votes will no doubt have been received by the time I log in tomorrow arvo so no opportunity for late additions.

20 noms to date.

Lets Go Politics GIF by The Democrats
This sounds ominous

You work in a bakery?!
The croissants would all be gone if I did!
Na just helping to cover the back-end of the night shift supervising with the arvo covering the front-end for a few days.

The croissants would all be gone if I did!
Na just helping to cover the back-end of the night shift supervising with the arvo covering the front-end for a few days.
I'm on nightshift for the first time in a year and it's brutal.

Can we please get the due date changed to Wednesday in the thread title, as opposed to Sunday? Ta.

edit: thanks for that :thumbsu:

Home and hosed - haven't listened to the playlist myself yet so will get on it before peeking at your votes (those who have already sent them in).

Last edited:
update: Harp - I am the seed, has been removed from the playlist at the request of the nommer, so we're down to 21 just in case people were wondering where a nom had disappeared to [hadn't received anything so no harm done]

Apologies to Stokey too who only missed cutoff last night by ~15 or so minutes from the looks of things.

vote update: The Two Ronnies outro is on 5 votes, despite not being part of the playlist :drunk:

Remove this Banner Ad

Song Contest Part XXII, Host: Ocha905, Theme: Favourite Genre, Noms Due: Thursday 9pm AEST Time

Remove this Banner Ad

Back