Song Contest Part XXII, Host: Ocha905, Theme: Favourite Genre, Votes Due: Sunday 10pm AEST Time

Remove this Banner Ad

My beef is not with where the music originates..no way! I have a really eclectic collection at home fom all over the world
... but I found so many choices to be just poor quality songs. Really lightweight...as I said..euro vision type stuff. Whether sung in other languages or not. And yeah. I agree with what you say Ocha. As I usually do😊

Happy for those who've enjoyed it. I usually can find 5 songs to vote for, but not this time

Ce la vie!

On the bright side have come up with a really fun theme if I ever win again.
Thats how I feel when we get sappy mellow songs with no energy, or soft rock

1724237492419.png

Beau Ted. How good to hear so much stuff that I've never heard before! Some was great, some not so great, but nothing made me wanna throw up so that's a big win!
SC resuscitation well under way.
3 more virgin artist Rounds should do it.

What on earth is wrong with Eurovision anyway?! Not all of the songs sung there are cheesy or kitschy. There are some really talented artists that perform there that are well known in their countries. I bet if half the songs were played on mainstream radio nobody would bat an eyelid, but somehow because it's Eurovision it's judged differently? Smh.

View attachment 2086802

Beau Ted. How good to hear so much stuff that I've never heard before! Some was great, some not so great, but nothing made me wanna throw up so that's a big win!
SC resuscitation well under way.
3 more virgin artist Rounds should do it.
Weve both nommed a lot of stuff from new artists. If I hadnt already nommed Ellende this would have been the round.

Ive got a good list of 100 artists that havent been nommed

What on earth is wrong with Eurovision anyway?! Not all of the songs sung there are cheesy or kitschy. There are some really talented artists that perform there that are well known in their countries. I bet if half the songs were played on mainstream radio nobody would bat an eyelid, but somehow because it's Eurovision it's judged differently? Smh.
For me Eurovision doesnt have a lot of music I like but I dont like much mainstream music either.

For me Eurovision doesnt have a lot of music I like but I dont like much mainstream music either.
Yeah I'm not really into mainstream. Wouldn't have a clue what is popular 😂 and nor do I care.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I for one appreciate hearing artists I've never heard of and I enjoyed this playlist for that reason. It also had a good mix of genres and not just shitty rock for ten songs in a row.
preach christina aguilera GIF

I did say ' bad eurovision songs', not Eurovision is bad!😛
There have been some ripper songs over the years. 😃
Then there are those types where it's just the same song, dressed a bit differently maybe.

I did say ' bad eurovision songs', not Eurovision is bad!😛
There have been some ripper songs over the years. 😃
Then there are those types where it's just the same song, dressed a bit differently maybe.

Sounds like most of the rock songs in the Song Contest

Maybe I'm feeling offended in case you're referring to my song, which isn't a Eurovision song at all (LOTE =/= Eurovision) and it's not superficial, but has a deep meaning.
Dunno. I did like a few songs. Maybe yours was one. 😊

Weve both nommed a lot of stuff from new artists. If I hadnt already nommed Ellende this would have been the round.

Ive got a good list of 100 artists that havent been nommed

Was very hard to pick just one nom this round! Think most of my noms so far would be virgin artists, but usually they reward repeat listens and are not immediately accessible so maybe not great for the comp. Don't really mind though.

And agreed, enjoyed the playlist, would love more of these rounds.

If I had the time I would've spaced the LOTE songs out as I didn't realise the playlist, when sorted by 'date oldest', threw two of them right on top. The downside to not listening to the noms as they come in. Didn't mind the list personally, but took a second listen for a number of songs to pique my interest which I don't always get around to every round.

If I had the time I would've spaced the LOTE songs out as I didn't realise the playlist, when sorted by 'date oldest', threw two of them right on top. The downside to not listening to the noms as they come in. Didn't mind the list personally, but took a second listen for a number of songs to pique my interest which I don't always get around to every round.
I've often used a calculator to sort the songs when hosting in the past.

Remove this Banner Ad

Song Contest Part XXII, Host: Ocha905, Theme: Favourite Genre, Votes Due: Sunday 10pm AEST Time

Remove this Banner Ad

Back