Song Contest Part XXII, Host: Ocha905, Theme: Favourite Genre, Votes Due: Sunday 10pm AEST Time

Remove this Banner Ad

5 - Blutengel - Reich mir die Hand - spudmaster Really grew on me, cool mix of genres, the German really suits
4 - Jabberwocky - Photomaton - Plugger35 lovely head nodder
3 - Low Roar - Easy Way Out - Riviat how did the comp get this far with no one nomming Low Roar?!?
2 - Pablo Moriego - Good Bye - RedmanWasHere Quality deep house
1 - Dramarama - Anything Anything - Tonga Bob vaguely recall hearing this many moons ago - 1985 ahead of its time

Billy - I Eat Cannibals

Very surprised to have done so well with Thornhill.
Especially given every time I nominate something heavier it gets smashed to bits. I've had moderate success in the low 20s with one of my Ellende songs but it's rare to get 27 votes.

5. Dramarama - Anything, Anything
4. SUNMI - pporappippam
3. Pablo Moriego - Good Bye
2. Waterparks - Self Sabotage
1. The Dead Krazukies - Captain Crust
You billied me didn't you!

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I liked it but just missed out on botes. The length got to me in the end!

That's a proper deep house tune, extended 9 min for mixing purposes, probably not really be intended to listen in that way but I voted it for it. Might sprinkle a bit more in future rounds.

I did think the duration may've also been a negative.

Having a listen to it and a further few listens later on guys, I adopted it as somewhat of a comfort tune given it helped me keep somewhat sane and grounded while the shutdowns were happening.

This sort of music was my sort of escape from all of the reports and enactions of restrictions.

People can and do have comfort movies.

I have comfort tunes.

I did think the duration may've also been a negative.

Having a listen to it and a further few listens later on guys, I adopted it as somewhat of a comfort tune given it helped me keep somewhat sane and grounded while the shutdowns were happening.

This sort of music was my sort of escape from all of the reports and enactions of restrictions.

People can and do have comfort movies.

I have comfort tunes.
I can relate to having comfort tunes 😊
Please keep nomming those kinds of songs!

I can relate to having comfort tunes 😊
Please keep nomming those kinds of songs!

Thanks Porps though, by doing this, I may be seen and potentially exposed by my choices.

Especially given every time I nominate something heavier it gets smashed to bits. I've had moderate success in the low 20s with one of my Ellende songs but it's rare to get 27 votes.
Yeah I feel like i've nominated other Aussie metal at times with a lot less success.

Yeah I feel like i've nominated other Aussie metal at times with a lot less success.
I will nominate something new like Ellende, and it will get maybe 22 votes, then a month later the next time it only gets 12 votes.

If I can go further, it wasn't really until 2020 when I discovered somewhat the science behind music and, more pointedly, the reasons I gravitated towards certain songs/instrumentals at the points of my life.

Until YouTube came along, I was mainly chart and album happy and had no real inclination of finding my own sound.

I hadn't considered this to be a concept in school though, I do recall in Year 9 the cover of Forever Young as rendered by Youth Group and feeling somewhat emotional and introspective about it.
That was when it had dawned on me I was no longer in primary school and was no longer able to return to primary school given the passing of time.
At that time, I had kept on wondering what my old cohort looked like 3-8 years after previously seeing them and what their voices might've been.

YouTube is really a pick your own adventure concept whereby you occasionally crave something new but you had nowhere to go really. (Well, except the shops but whatever.)

It's also where I reunited with eurodance, happy hardcore, hardcore and, to a lesser extent, trip hop, the 4 genres basically ringing in my early primary school ears.

5) Hitsujibungaku
4) The Aerial Maps
3) The Dead Krazukies
2) Destroy Boys
1) Pablo Moriego

B) Steve Arrington - that poor audience did me in, clapping along like they weren't in some kind of Squid Game thing where they get shot in the head if they stop looking like they're having fun

5: Thornhill - Obsession.
4: Jabberwocky - Photomation.
3: Captain Crust.
2: Dramarama.
1: The Port of Old Fremantle.

B: I Was Dancing in the Lesbian Bar.

HB:

I Can.

Like I said, wasn't a real billy round so no angry reactions.

It's like deciding on what the last mouthful of food from that sitting would be.

5: The Port of Old Fremantle - Aerial Maps
4: Plucked - Destroy Boys
3: Anything Anything - Dramarama
2: Captain Crust - The Dead Krazukies
1: I Can - 1010benja
Bill: Feel So Real - Steve Arrington

I'll have to pass I'm afraid. In the hills half hour out of Jindabyne relying on intermittent phone signal isn't ideal and after 4 weeks on my own I have friends and family arriving tomorrow!

Remove this Banner Ad

Song Contest Part XXII, Host: Ocha905, Theme: Favourite Genre, Votes Due: Sunday 10pm AEST Time

Remove this Banner Ad

Back