Song Contest Part XXII, Host: Ocha905, Theme: Muslim Artists, Noms Due: Monday 9pm AEST Time

Remove this Banner Ad

I didn't think last round could be topped but here we are. SC gets a -

Doctor Who GIF by BBC America
Confused Season 2 GIF by Rick and Morty

I listen to the first minute, if it doesn't grab me I skip 10 seconds until it does, and always stop at the crescendo just in case it gets better.

But if its Floyd there's no skipping...

I dunno, I figure someone's taken the time to nom a song so I'll listen to the entire thing even if I hate it :p
I respect you for that.

As Dinsdale said I'll do similar. Sometimes I know there's a song I just don't feel, or don't like. It's just not my music so I'm not going to vote for it, nor am I going to get anything from it. This is especially significant if there's several songs or artists I'm very fond of.

FWIW my 5 and 4 were first time listens.

I dunno, I figure someone's taken the time to nom a song so I'll listen to the entire thing even if I hate it :p
Go on then. Get through this playlist.

Why so much hate for Nicki Minaj? All of her songs on this playlist are good.

Last edited:
I respect you for that.

As Dinsdale said I'll do similar. Sometimes I know there's a song I just don't feel, or don't like. It's just not my music so I'm not going to vote for it, nor am I going to get anything from it. This is especially significant if there's several songs or artists I'm very fond of.

FWIW my 5 and 4 were first time listens.
Ditto with my 5 and 4

#integrity

I listen to every single song start to finish, including the ones I know. UNLESS it's like 30 mins long, and I'll listen to the first ten mins and then skip ahead at increments :p That's rare though.

The best parts of a song are not always in the first minute...
#amateur

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As a general rule, if a playlist features Kanye West, Drake, Kendrick Lamar or similar sounding to Kendrick and Drake, it's an instant skip.

Don't even touch it.

As a general rule, if a playlist features Kanye West, Drake, Kendrick Lamar or similar sounding to Kendrick and Drake, it's an instant skip.

Don't even touch it.

I mean the Kendrick / Drake beef is one of the biggest music stories of the year so the music is worth listening to purely on that basis.

Don't even touch it.
Kendrick has really good and really shit songs.

Boogie wit da hoodie. Check it out

Don't even touch it.
Drake I'm mostly with you although there's a few tracks I fw - Passionfruit, Hotline Bling, The Ride, Started from the Bottom, Seeing Green, Nice for What, Forever off the top of my head... That was more than I thought lol.

I wouldn't recommend Kanye now obviously but he was my favourite artist for a solid stretch. I've always disliked him as a person let's make that clear though! His level as a producer is off the charts up until Kids See Ghosts. He's fallen off a cliff since in more ways than one.

I've never been as in the bag for Kendrick as the average fan (the closest was during the Good Kid, Maad City cycle). It's pretty undeniable to those with an interest in the genre his creative lyricism and flow is insane. He hasn't made a bad album either which only a select few artists can say.

Those 3 don't really have much in common other than being rappers and massively successful. From this I'd deduce most 2010's rap isn't your go which is absolutely fine.

This recent discourse has made me thankful for being able to appreciate all genres as many of you have admitted having blinders on for something.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back