Universal Love Songs to fire up our awesome club!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Air tonight mediocre lol
kNNHN7.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Going to the footy in a dark candle lit red rattler train.

This music on the radio.

I was a thrasher then myself but this music gives me vibes.

1982 electronic pop music. Soft Cell members Marc Almond working with Foetus, Nick Cave, Lydia Lunch. Melbourne drummer John Murphy worked with the Associates. I saw John Murphy with the Bum Steers a lot. 20 minute version of old man river. Arnie Hanna from No ,always in an Essendon jumper. Later with Hutchence & Max Q.

Orchestra of skin & bone were innaresting live Ollie Olsen & John Murphy.

Models had a good songs & sound. Andrew Duffield.

1982... all that going on in Melbourne & The Fall touring the Jump Club. 3AM licence was rare. . Tough listening. Hung around for ever. As did Laughing Clowns who might've been the support act.
Ed Kuepper ~ hard working pumped out the music.

Gary Gray's in the Sacred Cowboys, pulling out a chainsaw in the early days. Johnny Crash on drums, Greg Perano on big drum & Ash Wednesday.

Lee Scratch Perry eh
The Wailers were great...missed the tour in 79. But saw and was blown out by Jimmy Cliff & The Harder they Come.
A lot of reggae influence in the UK punk scene too. ...lots of Jamaican's in the UK I found out.

I think the Clash played Police & Thieves at Festival Hall.

I remember Heart of Glass being tricked up to make it sound disco...but nothing beat listening to a single version on a battery powered record player. 1981 or so. On the Mekong river, golden triangle. ripped off my ****. A young couple, slightly older than me, ran the guest house... I was going to stay a night. Stayed a week.
Thais & Thailand loved a bit of disco. Boney M was flogged to death.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back