Southern FL - Division 3 - 2010

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
From reading that report Doveton have no one to blame but themselves. Sounds Like the coach has put his ego before the good of the club. The question has to be asked wot the hell was the president doing during all of this.

From reading that report Doveton have no one to blame but themselves. Sounds Like the coach has put his ego before the good of the club. The question has to be asked wot the hell was the president doing during all of this.

I can tell you 1. Barry definately "DID NOT" address the side at 1/4 time that he was ((ALLEGEDLY)) doing, i cannot answer about 3/4 time ( as i left at half time.) 2. The president is paul davis who is actually the COACH!! who was addressing the side. Some of you are happy about this or whatever, thats your opinion but this is the fact.

I can tell you 1. Barry definately "DID NOT" address the side at 1/4 time that he was ((ALLEGEDLY)) doing, i cannot answer about 3/4 time ( as i left at half time.) 2. The president is paul davis who is actually the COACH!! who was addressing the side. Some of you are happy about this or whatever, thats your opinion but this is the fact.[/quote

as you like to set us all straight ill just help you a little bit if you were not there at 3qtime how would you know that barry did not address the players
im sure the umpire would not fabricate such a lie ,i hope you and your club come back smarter and wiser next year gl

I only caught up with the news about Doveton early this evening.

According to football Victoria No Doveton player will be allowed to be cleared to another club for the remainder of the season as the clearance date is the 31st June(I think). Not sure if that's entirely fair on Doveton players that may have been entirely innocent throughout this saga. Surely the league will allow these players to join other clubs within the SFL for the remainder of the season. Wasn't there a ruling that if clubs have too many players that these players can be loaned to other clubs to help struggling clubs bolster there playing lists ? What are peoples thoughts on this as a suggestion ?

In my opinion I feel the SFL has handed out a penalty that is far to severe. It's fair enough to discipline the Doveton administration but not the playing group. My suggestion would be for the SFL to demand that all committee members stand down from there positions on the committee and the SFL take over the administrative positions for the remainder of the season. The SFL could appoint an interim coach for the remainder of the season i.e Steve Wright and then if Doveton wasn't accepting of that ruling then suspend the club for the remainder of the season.
For the SFL to survive I strongly believe there needs to be 3 Divisions. With Doveton out surely you can't have a 6 team competition next season. If they want to have 3 Divisions you can't demand a team like Black Rock to drop back to division 3 next season to bolster the competition if they don't want to. Be interested on peoples thoughts on this matter

I can tell you 1. Barry definately "DID NOT" address the side at 1/4 time that he was ((ALLEGEDLY)) doing, i cannot answer about 3/4 time ( as i left at half time.) 2. The president is paul davis who is actually the COACH!! who was addressing the side. Some of you are happy about this or whatever, thats your opinion but this is the fact.[/quote

as you like to set us all straight ill just help you a little bit if you were not there at 3qtime how would you know that barry did not address the players
im sure the umpire would not fabricate such a lie ,i hope you and your club come back smarter and wiser next year gl

I was there at 3 quarter time with the coches and barry was in the crowd. Stop making presumtions when u werent there. Evertime we stick up for the club u put us down. You know who i am and when this gets appealed and ruled over come and talk to me bout it. I have told u before to stop saying crap when u not there and listening to everythign u hear,

If you read my post properly i said i (cannot) speak about 3/4 time as i WAS NOT THERE! but i was there at quarter time and he did not address the team, and i also NEVER mentioned that it was the umpire that made the allegation!! (maybe it was, maybe it wasnt!) and as for fabricating a lie, maybe YOU! should speak to the sfl heirachy, but you seem to already know everything and see if the person that made the allegation, also made other allegations that have been proven and apparently (dont quote me on it ) but apparently have been admitted to be false by the invidual. ( (you might be surprised)) Now that is the ((rumour)) i have heard, whether its true or not well only the heirachy can confirm this. And anyhow, since when are you found guilty and punished from an ALLEGATION, and thats all it was no fact or proof. You can sit there and take potshots at us, or go on about that we are crying we have been hard done by but at the end of the day we have a right to defend our club! not just sit back and read the crap/bullshit! people put on here that are based from speculation or what they have heard or someone said that someone else said blah blah and thats the end of the story so its true. I thought everyone was innocent till PROVEN guilty not the other way around.

no actually you would find that most football players would feel for your group of players missing out the rest of the year no one wants to see innocent people get punished for something that allegedly happened and involved innocent third partys :cool:

no actually you would find that most football players would feel for your group of players missing out the rest of the year no one wants to see innocent people get punished for something that allegedly happened and involved innocent third partys :cool:

The sooner the people at Doveton understand that they got it wrong the better off the club will be!!
If you go down the path of your Club was a treated poorly then you face no future.
FIx whats wrong with your club a thing called culture... last chance to get it right.

O n hey wayne holdsworth how bout you come out and say what 2 clubs dont wanna play us?

I am not sure what the 2 clubs are, but I know our club had said they wouldn't be sending club umpires to Doveton games any more, as they are all young and just got abused every time they umpired the reserves at Doveton.

:thumbsu:
If u were ever at our club u would no we had a culture. y else would our club have such a young playing group. y would the young kids stay around if we didnt have a good culture?

O n hey wayne holdsworth how bout you come out and say what 2 clubs dont wanna play us??? i like how when your in a room with us you have nothin 2 say but when you have the chance to jump on tv u have everythin 2 say. The whole SFL board to me is a joke apart from 1 that being David Cannizzo

If you had Culture down your club you would understand that if Clubs dont want to play against you then something is wrong???
I would suggest that your culture is misguided and you dont have enough leaders to understand that the core values of a football Club is giving and getting RESPECT.
Heres a good starting point for your club to Change your so called culture.

1)First admit there is a problem with the core values of your club.
2) anylyze to see that you have the right leaders as this is the biggest issue down there.
3) Set Standars from the top all the way through to the waterboys about Disipline.
4) Dont make excuses take responsability for the Clubs actions.
5) Appoint a Coach that sets the right standards.
6) Club needs to have an urgent meeting to discuss these issues and if you cant make these basic benchmarks i would suggest shut up shop.

Just my opinion

tour1999 - there r only 30 dayz in june but ur correct. regos have to be in b4 that date.

myview - the culture mite be changin but u need to look at the facts. 50% of da penalties handed down across the whole league are from ur club. sumthin needed to be done to pull ur club into line. its unfair on the innocent parties but a line needed to be drawn. hopefully da club cums back better 4 it.

Simple theory really! Abusing umpires gets no one anywhere positive. Giddens was warned and should have pulled his effing head in. If behaviour continued then the committe are equally culpable and should have acted to stop it. It appears that didn't happen and now the club, the players and the competition suffers. As far as the "due process" is concerned forget it! Plenty of opportunity to mend his ways and didn't. An absolute disgrace. Anyone supporting him must be equally brain dead.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was there at 3 quarter time with the coches and barry was in the crowd. Stop making presumtions when u werent there. Evertime we stick up for the club u put us down. You know who i am and when this gets appealed and ruled over come and talk to me bout it. I have told u before to stop saying crap when u not there and listening to everythign u hear,
Gee fristad, take a shot a one of your club legends.
As what has been posted by other users, you need to change the culture that is around your club, or what have you got going forward to look forward to ( this year or the next ).

What do the Doveton players think about Giddens? Alot seem to be supportive of him, but the simple facts are that if he had of just swallowed his pride and undertaken in the sanctions that were handed to him Doveton would still be in the competition. Giddens has almost certainly cost Doveton a flag as we all know Mt Waverly dont like the heat of September.:)

I only caught up with the news about Doveton early this evening.

According to football Victoria No Doveton player will be allowed to be cleared to another club for the remainder of the season as the clearance date is the 31st June(I think). Not sure if that's entirely fair on Doveton players that may have been entirely innocent throughout this saga. Surely the league will allow these players to join other clubs within the SFL for the remainder of the season. Wasn't there a ruling that if clubs have too many players that these players can be loaned to other clubs to help struggling clubs bolster there playing lists ? What are peoples thoughts on this as a suggestion ?

In my opinion I feel the SFL has handed out a penalty that is far to severe. It's fair enough to discipline the Doveton administration but not the playing group. My suggestion would be for the SFL to demand that all committee members stand down from there positions on the committee and the SFL take over the administrative positions for the remainder of the season. The SFL could appoint an interim coach for the remainder of the season i.e Steve Wright and then if Doveton wasn't accepting of that ruling then suspend the club for the remainder of the season.
For the SFL to survive I strongly believe there needs to be 3 Divisions. With Doveton out surely you can't have a 6 team competition next season. If they want to have 3 Divisions you can't demand a team like Black Rock to drop back to division 3 next season to bolster the competition if they don't want to. Be interested on peoples thoughts on this matter

Agree with most things you have said, but , the rockers are kidding themselves if they think they should stay in Divvy 2 ! It would be best for everyone concerned if they did go back to divvy 3 coz thats about the level their at ....:D

Unfortunately after the death threats - no association will take on Doveton. It's unfortunate and I feel sorry for the good people of Doveton but the lack of maturity shown by the committee has destroyed this club for good. The SFL will not accept them back as stated by several SFL administrators today and I can sure everyone that the Eastern and Ammos wont want them either.

Unfortunately after the death threats - no association will take on Doveton. It's unfortunate and I feel sorry for the good people of Doveton but the lack of maturity shown by the committee has destroyed this club for good. The SFL will not accept them back as stated by several SFL administrators today and I can sure everyone that the Eastern and Ammos wont want them either.

They'll just rename themselves Doveton West or something like that and SFL will let them back in like they do when Dandenong changes their name every 3 years.

They'll just rename themselves Doveton West or something like that and SFL will let them back in like they do when Dandenong changes their name every 3 years.

after only being in div 3 for this year i am led to believe that a lot of players would go to dandenong that was the general consenus today but myself i would like to see doveton continue next year dont forget there are many innocent people involded that deserve better.

after only being in div 3 for this year i am led to believe that a lot of players would go to dandenong that was the general consenus today but myself i would like to see doveton continue next year dont forget there are many innocent people involded that deserve better.

Gee your finally making some sense..:D:D
Hopefully the innocent ones dont get too tarnished by having the Doveton name on their profile. good luck to em.:thumbsu:

Not sure if there are special circumstances regarding folded/banned clubs, but the SFL brought in a rule to stop that a few years ago. I believe the maximum is 5 clearances between 2 clubs. So only 5 could play for Dandenong next year.

Not sure if there are special circumstances regarding folded/banned clubs, but the SFL brought in a rule to stop that a few years ago. I believe the maximum is 5 clearances between 2 clubs. So only 5 could play for Dandenong next year.

Anyone from Doveton want me to get your club back on track contact me for a small fee i can make your club the envy of the SFL....:D

Agree with most things you have said, but , the rockers are kidding themselves if they think they should stay in Divvy 2 ! It would be best for everyone concerned if they did go back to divvy 3 coz thats about the level their at ....:D

Yes they are at Division 3 level at the moment but led to believe there on a massive recruitment drive for next season already. Not big names from within the competition but numerous talented young players from within the competition and other competitions. So not sure if you can claim they are division 3 standard until next season. Simple Lyndale goes down and that's it.

Yes they are at Division 3 level at the moment but led to believe there on a massive recruitment drive for next season already. Not big names from within the competition but numerous talented young players from within the competition and other competitions. So not sure if you can claim they are division 3 standard until next season. Simple Lyndale goes down and that's it.

Romour has it alot of Doveton players will be heading to Lyndale and Sandown

Ok can someone inform me how a player from Lyndale gets reported when he is in jail? He has to be at the tribunal tonight at 7pm Sharp. SFL need to pull things together, another team out there cheating but it didnt help them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back