Southern Football League 2007

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will start this post by saying that in no way do i support the views "Knicks"

I would hope that the response (LFM) hasn't come from any of the three guys that regularly appear on the show. If it has then they should rethink their position or at least respond in a professional matter. After all they are supposed to be promoting the league (and yes they do a great job) and responses like that do nothing for their integrity or the leagues.

we at dingley dont hate him either.

Benny actually said that he was hoping Dingley would win the grand final, and that we are the better team all year. He also thought that we were more deserving of the flag than Springvale Districts.
I like a man that even though he is in a position where he should not be biased, that he has the b*lls to stand up and say that he was cheering for us.

we at dingley dont hate him either.

Benny actually said that he was hoping Dingley would win the grand final, and that we are the better team all year. He also thought that we were more deserving of the flag than Springvale Districts.
I like a man that even though he is in a position where he should not be biased, that he has the b*lls to stand up and say that he was cheering for us.

this is old ground but....... why would dingley deserve it more than springy? you played each other 4 times for only 1 win.

I will start this post by saying that in no way do i support the views "Knicks"

I would hope that the response (LFM) hasn't come from any of the three guys that regularly appear on the show. If it has then they should rethink their position or at least respond in a professional matter. After all they are supposed to be promoting the league (and yes they do a great job) and responses like that do nothing for their integrity or the leagues.
After what knicks wrote i think that is a fair response from LFM. Why that clown decided to bag the only media support this league gets is rediculous. Benny does a lot of hard work to try and promote local footy and idiots like knicks give him a reason to say "stuff you blokes why should i bother". It's blokes like benny that help the league stay afloat and in turn give us a place to have a run around on the weekends. Just because it wasn't a nice politacally correct statement from LFM means nothing. Benny is always a welcome visitor to Canterbury and we hope he keeps up his tireless work. Knicks your a muppet.:mad:

After what knicks wrote i think that is a fair response from LFM. Why that clown decided to bag the only media support this league gets is rediculous. Benny does a lot of hard work to try and promote local footy and idiots like knicks give him a reason to say "stuff you blokes why should i bother". It's blokes like benny that help the league stay afloat and in turn give us a place to have a run around on the weekends. Just because it wasn't a nice politacally correct statement from LFM means nothing. Benny is always a welcome visitor to Canterbury and we hope he keeps up his tireless work. Knicks your a muppet.:mad:

No YOU ARE WRONG!!!!!!

Daryl Pittman does a tremendous amount of work promoting our league. League administrators do a tremendous amount of work drumming up sponsorship and the like.

Benny does SFA.

No YOU ARE WRONG!!!!!!

Daryl Pittman does a tremendous amount of work promoting our league. League administrators do a tremendous amount of work drumming up sponsorship and the like.

Benny does SFA.

Knicks you are embarrasing yourself. I will give you some idea and you/others can make up there mind:

- Monday films the footy show, takes approx 6-11pm
- Types up all the goal scorers, best players for the show
- Organises most of the guests for the footy show
- During the week films Benny's backchat
- Organises who will get footage from the games on a Saturday
- Usually attends 3-4 games on a Saturday to fil footage for the show, do stories for clubs
- Radio broadcast from 1-5:30pm on a Saturday
- Take photos during the games for the website and record
- Sends many stories and updates to the league for website
- Uses his own phone during broadcast to speak to others around the grounds to get updates at his own cost
- Single handedly responsible for the fact that the SFL gets the lead coverage in the metro footy section of Monday's Herald-Sun, over EFL and ammo's
- A major sponsor of the league
- Single handedly responsible for the league gaining other sponsors
- A major player behind the scenes whose motivation is to see the league be the best it can be

Does he get paid to do this? NO

You can keep embarrassing yourself if you like Knicks, you may have noticed you don't have too many/any friends on this issue!

Knicks you are embarrasing yourself. I will give you some idea and you/others can make up there mind:

- Usually attends 3-4 games on a Saturday to fil footage for the show, do stories for clubs
- Uses his own phone during broadcast to speak to others around the grounds to get updates at his own cost
- Single handedly responsible for the fact that the SFL gets the lead coverage in the metro footy section of Monday's Herald-Sun, over EFL and ammo's
- A major player behind the scenes whose motivation is to see the league be the best it can be

You can keep embarrassing yourself if you like Knicks, you may have noticed you don't have too many/any friends on this issue!

just an all round good bloke, unlike knicks

Well said Local Footy Media, Benny has done a great job for many years now at the League, Media and Umpires. Only if we had more people like Benny!!

Enough said !!!

Knicks you are a idiot.:mad:

local footy media = BENNY

onya mate, someone in your position who promotes himsaelf as being such a good bloke should not take preference of one side over the other, should not make smart a$$ remarks towards one club and should just stick to doing the behind the scenes work which i will say is appreciated.

You are a joke, get off the forum if you want to talk rubbish, no passion?no credibility?. you should be banned, you are a dill, who knows nothing.
Go back to where you came from, you are a forum troll. Come down to the club and tell the blokes who have played in 2 or 3 or 4 flags with us and see if it meant anything or ask the 5 kids who played that have come through our u18s and see if it meant anything or the 5 players who are going to retire, the reason we win flags is because when the chips are down ,we lift ,some clubs have got it and some havent

That hit a nerve!! take a pill and relax, going to support Donvale next year?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I went on the SFL website, and I noticed that if you wanted a copy of the divsions 1,2,3 grand finals, you'd have to contact the SFL for arrangement in buying a copy of the grand final. I wonder why does the SFL have rights to match footage on DVD and you have to go to them to get a copy, whereas in other leagues such as the VAFA the premiers of that division promote their premiership DVDs on their website and you can pick up a copy of the DVD via the club? After all, I went to the Black Rock website expecting to see some 2007 Premierships DVDs up for sale, but there was no DVDs up for promotion on the Black Rock webpage.

BLACK ROCK FOOTBALL CLUB

2008, 100 Years of Black Rock FC

Coaching Applications Wanted

est. 1908

Premiers

1935, 1936, 1954, 1980, 1984, 2004, 2007

Invites applications for the

Senior Coaching position for season 2008 in

Southern Football League Division 2

An exciting opportunity exists for a senior coach (playing or non-playing) to be part of a club rich in history –a talented playing list that is getting younger by the year, located at Mc Donald Reserve in the heart of Melbourne, in the beautiful beachside community of
Black Rock

Applicants should have a successful track record either playing or with previous coaching experience in player development. Applicants should also have strong communication skills. Applicants should be extremely motivated and eager to join a fantastic local football community looking to enhance its recent successes during an exciting time in our proud history.2008 signals our 100th season.

All applications detailing experience and qualifications to

The President BRFC

1/26 Dalmont St, Highett, Vic 3190

Any queries contact Mr Nick MacMillan

Ph: 0419 140 476

Remuneration to be discussed

Application closing date 26th October, 2007

C'mon boys lets get back into it!

Things that need to be discussed:

- New coaches: Darren Hulme, Stevie Wright etc
- New players: Quite a few shifting from one div 1 club to the other!
- Who's staying/who's going?
- Anyone started training yet?
- Jason McNiece has been knocked back to be President of the umpires! Say it aint so!

Fire up!

Murrumbeena pre Xmas runs;

Nov 21 - Elwood Beach

Dec 6 - Duncan McKinnon Reserve

Dec 18 - TBC

All existing players required, new players most welcome.

C'mon boys lets get back into it!

Things that need to be discussed:

- New coaches: Darren Hulme, Stevie Wright etc
- New players: Quite a few shifting from one div 1 club to the other!
- Who's staying/who's going?
- Anyone started training yet?
- Jason McNiece has been knocked back to be President of the umpires! Say it aint so!

Fire up!

G'day LFM, any hints on the 2 clubs involved in the player move in div 1?

ADAM QUINN to HIGHETT.

Davor Rajic signed with Springvale.

and Darren Hulme is about as good as benny's backchat (terrible)

Clint Einsendale to Heatherton
Matt jameison to heatherton?
Jason McNeise kicked out by the SFL.
15-20 other umpires set to leave the SFL
Phil Smith looking for a new home
Arvantis left Stkilda City?
Artz & Davies on the move.

Clint Einsendale to Heatherton
Matt jameison to heatherton?
Jason McNeise kicked out by the SFL.
15-20 other umpires set to leave the SFL
Phil Smith looking for a new home
Arvantis left Stkilda City?
Artz & Davies on the move.

Jamo back to edi/asp??

Has McNiece left or has he just been knocked back as Prez??

If 15-20 umpires leave then the comp is stuffed. Can only imagine the quality of umpiring in div 3 if correct. This is very important for the SFL to manage. As much as we all love to bag the men in orange, without them there is no game and no SFL. Hopefully its not true.

Heard Adrian Newman has signed on as assistant coach somewhere in the bush. Can anyone confirm???

Also O'Neill from StkC apparantly going to Port Colts

Where's Artz and Davies heading??

Jamo back to edi/asp??

Has McNiece left or has he just been knocked back as Prez??

If 15-20 umpires leave then the comp is stuffed. Can only imagine the quality of umpiring in div 3 if correct. This is very important for the SFL to manage. As much as we all love to bag the men in orange, without them there is no game and no SFL. Hopefully its not true.

Heard Adrian Newman has signed on as assistant coach somewhere in the bush. Can anyone confirm???

Also O'Neill from StkC apparantly going to Port Colts

Where's Artz and Davies heading??
Artz and Davies are brothers for those who don't know and i wouldn't blame Davies for wanting out after being picked in the 2's for the granny.
Davies was the Dogs best in the 06 granny by a mile and i would think if he was fit should be in the best 5-6 players at StPauls.To think he and the Ruckman who was unstopable in the 2's GF win weren't picked infront of 4-5 has beens has to be part of the reason they lost.It does happen alot when blokes leave a club after the dissapointment of missing out on the big one.

I spoke to Clint Sheedy at the sandown classic last week,leading goalkicker of 3rd division,he told me he has retired which is unfortunate,there must be some club out there who would be interested in his services.(definately not playing at sandown)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back