Southern Football League 2007

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Meeting at SFL HQ re: forum

i think that b/rock, canterbury and cerberus are probably the least discussed teams (div 3) on this forum. does anybody know how they are travelling? numbers at training, new recruits, losses,etc? any new ladder predictions from new members to the forum?

skye -the yardstick
doveton
mt waverly
dandy
------------
b/rock
canterbury
cerberus
sth yarra
sandown

any thoughts?

Blac04 how can you not have Black Rock playing finals this year>> I have heard they havent lost any players this year except maybe there ruckmen?? so with ando still coaching that to me would make them premiership favourites?? In no way would I underestimate black rock, that would be a very dangerous thing to do!!! Wouldnt you agree MLion, you played them in that 1st final last year which was a cracker of a game, you would know them as well as any opposition!!!

i dont think that they will be the teams to beat this year. st kilda city and chelt will be.

I agree ,Cheltenham look very impressive on the track I think they would be clear favourites,St Pauls will be hungry to get a flag speaking to a couple of blokes at the pub(they got flogged 1st night of training the coach means business), Clayton have an awesome finals record credit to the coach for getting them going year after year, I think those 3 will the sides to beat. Apart from those ,StKilda City will be nipping at there heels along with Chelsea Heights.
Any News on Highett,Mordialloc,Tooronga Malvern & Heatherton.Lets get some constructive Divvy 1 talk going.

Blac04 how can you not have Black Rock playing finals this year>> I have heard they havent lost any players this year except maybe there ruckmen?? so with ando still coaching that to me would make them premiership favourites?? In no way would I underestimate black rock, that would be a very dangerous thing to do!!! Wouldnt you agree MLion, you played them in that 1st final last year which was a cracker of a game, you would know them as well as any opposition!!!
I agree Madman,Black Rock will be there abouts iv'e had some good tight games against them highly respected.Just on Sth Yarra they will be the surprise packet they have some quality players their and a gun ruckman from St Kilda city.

I agree ,Cheltenham look very impressive on the track I think they would be clear favourites,St Pauls will be hungry to get a flag speaking to a couple of blokes at the pub(they got flogged 1st night of training the coach means business), Clayton have an awesome finals record credit to the coach for getting them going year after year, I think those 3 will the sides to beat. Apart from those ,StKilda City will be nipping at there heels along with Chelsea Heights.
Any News on Highett,Mordialloc,Tooronga Malvern & Heatherton.Lets get some constructive Divvy 1 talk going.

We finished up Mon/Weds training last night and are moving to Tuesday/Thursday from next week

Gee,
I'm pretty sure I made a post last night, which has disappeared by this morning......
Who's the moderator, and WHAT ARE THE BOUNDARIES??

Gee,
I'm pretty sure I made a post last night, which has disappeared by this morning......
Who's the moderator, and WHAT ARE THE BOUNDARIES??

We can only pray that they've banned all discussion regarding Sandown, their players & coaches, etc, etc etc.

Skills were up 20% last night with the new batch of Sherrins.

I can't actually remember.
I think I cast aspersions on someone's literacy and I asked someone else if they expected to have a side going around this year, or is it going to be a struggle.
You better read this quick because I'm not sure how long it will last!!

I can't actually remember.
I think I cast aspersions on someone's literacy and I asked someone else if they expected to have a side going around this year, or is it going to be a struggle.
You better read this quick because I'm not sure how long it will last!!
Yes i do remember that one,o'h well so much for caring for another club.

I agree Madman,Black Rock will be there abouts iv'e had some good tight games against them highly respected.Just on Sth Yarra they will be the surprise packet they have some quality players their and a gun ruckman from St Kilda city.

We do have some good players, but I've never seen any other teams in the Division so can't compare. A couple from West Footscray Roosters too as well as a lot of blokes that haven't played before/for a while. Look out for D. Clark, #15. Word is he'll play full back. If I were playing against Sth Yarra I'd snipe him.

We can only pray that they've banned all discussion regarding Sandown, their players & coaches, etc, etc etc.

Skills were up 20% last night with the new batch of Sherrins.

Are teams training with Sherrins now? Wouldn't it be a waste to throw away last years Faulkners? Most clubs would still have a few half decent old footies around the place, and paying $70 each for 20 new footballs would be very expensive for most clubs. I will say though, the Faulkners were a crap ball to use!

Also, I don't think anything has been banned, there must just be a computer bug somewhere. There are still some comments regarding the above team and certain members within it that are still on the forum and are in no way complementary.

We do have some good players, but I've never seen any other teams in the Division so can't compare. A couple from West Footscray Roosters too as well as a lot of blokes that haven't played before/for a while. Look out for D. Clark, #15. Word is he'll play full back. If I were playing against Sth Yarra I'd snipe him.

D. Clark just SMSed me. Correction: If playing against Sth Yarra, DON'T snipe him. Glad we've got that cleared up, lol.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just goin off last year,i do know that they havnt lost many so im interested to see if they have picked up players

has any player got sore ankles, knees, back or hammys yet because of the state of our grounds and parks. Or is it just me with age catching up and weight blowing out. Especially trying to keep up with the young fellas. About time Sherrins are used in the league. How are every teams ground looking?

has any player got sore ankles, knees, back or hammys yet because of the state of our grounds and parks. Or is it just me with age catching up and weight blowing out. Especially trying to keep up with the young fellas. About time Sherrins are used in the league. How are every teams ground looking?

i thought it was just me after sitting on my arse since august. good to hear some other blokes are feeling it too! thank christ i can only train 1 night a week! i mean, damn i wish i could have been twice as sore after training twice this week!

Nah its Nothing like that Mr.Enemia, considering 90% of the stuff that is on here is about the Cobras I dont really have anything to say about that??

Muzza and Bravo enjoy reading the crap I post on here, They know its rather pointless activity trying to get me to stay of Forums, alot of downtime at work brings alot of boredom!!

Numbers are good, got a fitness coach who used to work with the stingrays and he is running the absolute F*#k out of us, I am extremely sore this morning, I am very interested to hear who our star recruits might be though?????

madman, in the dandy star this week they have named you blokes as the big improvers and the team to beat. i wonder if that's one of tads stories?
by the way, musser told me he didn't know how to turn a computer on let alone own one. he also told me not to mention his name on here! i;m in trouble when i see the big fella on monday!!:eek:

div 1 news.....kane batzloff, tony antrobus (former ess and stk player and 1983 magarey medallist) and terry mckinley all to mordialloc. must be starting a dads army team!! as well as troy ogier from edi asp and sylvester is returning also to the bloods

can anyone from either highett or east brighton confirm or deny that phil smith has left the dogs to return to the vampires???

div 1 news.....kane batzloff, tony antrobus (former ess and stk player and 1983 magarey medallist) and terry mckinley all to mordialloc. must be starting a dads army team!! as well as troy ogier from edi asp and sylvester is returning also to the bloods

can anyone from either highett or east brighton confirm or deny that phil smith has left the dogs to return to the vampires???

How old would the Angry Ant be now? I remember watching him for the dons a long ... long ... time ago!

Sore everything this time of year but no matter how hard you train preseason, the first 5 minutes of real game time will still hurt.

Our ground resembles concrete with weeds (with a lush turf wicket) dunno how they play on it.

Good to see Sth Yarra get up, anyone know if is Bathy still running around there?

I've had feedback from a few clubs that numbers are down, how's yours faring?

There hasn't been a great deal of discussion on Division 1 on this so I put forward some news-
Ins that I know of:
St Kilda City- Newman, Cassett, Dimachki
Chelsea Hts- Walsh (ex Noble Park), a few fringe Chelsea players MPNFL
Mordialloc- Batzloff, McKInley, Antrobus, a few fringe Edi Asp players
Cheltenham- players back from the bush (Tarwin)
East Brighton- Hislop x 2, Hope
Highett- Abaloz (Mulgrave)
Clayton- ??
St Pauls- ??
Heatherton- ??
Tooronga- ??

Current Div 1 Odds:
St Kilda City 3/1 (fav)
Cheltenham 8/1
Clayton 8/1
St Pauls 12/1
Chelsea Hts 16/1
Mordialloc 25/1
East Brighton 25/1
Highett 33/1
Heatherton 50/1
Tooronga 66/1

Whats others thoughts?? Any additional ins & outs at other clubs? Whose leaving clubs? I know Clayton have lost a few eg: Bailey, Linke, Wells, Tisdale but knowing them they have very strong depth so should be able to cover such losses? Other clubs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back