Southern Football League 2007

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
tooronga have got a bloke who used to play for adelaide ashley fernee.
st kilda city has slaim hassan from werribee VFL
chelts blokes went to toora last year and i dont think any have returned at this stage. got a few from elsewhere in the bush though

i think your top four are clear cut favorites and you can name your price for the rest. (east brighton as you know pdog may be the smokeys)

There hasn't been a great deal of discussion on Division 1 on this so I put forward some news-
Ins that I know of:
St Kilda City- Newman, Cassett, Dimachki
Chelsea Hts- Walsh (ex Noble Park), a few fringe Chelsea players MPNFL
Mordialloc- Batzloff, McKInley, Antrobus, a few fringe Edi Asp players
Cheltenham- players back from the bush (Tarwin)
East Brighton- Hislop x 2, Hope
Highett- Abaloz (Mulgrave)
Clayton- ??
St Pauls- ??
Heatherton- ??
Tooronga- ??

Current Div 1 Odds:
St Kilda City 3/1 (fav)
Cheltenham 8/1
Clayton 8/1
St Pauls 12/1
Chelsea Hts 16/1
Mordialloc 25/1
East Brighton 25/1
Highett 33/1
Heatherton 50/1
Tooronga 66/1

Whats others thoughts?? Any additional ins & outs at other clubs? Whose leaving clubs? I know Clayton have lost a few eg: Bailey, Linke, Wells, Tisdale but knowing them they have very strong depth so should be able to cover such losses? Other clubs?
Still to early to call St.kilda city favourites a lot club have picked up some quality players,it will be an interesting season and very close.

Overheard a conversation of the parkmore president saying that they will most likely be merging with sandown and will be named the Sandown/Parkmore Bulldogs. Also Robert Kreskas will be making a move to Ringwood for the 2007 season.

T-I-G-E-R-M-A-N

Sore everything this time of year but no matter how hard you train preseason, the first 5 minutes of real game time will still hurt.

Our ground resembles concrete with weeds (with a lush turf wicket) dunno how they play on it.

Good to see Sth Yarra get up, anyone know if is Bathy still running around there?

I've had feedback from a few clubs that numbers are down, how's yours faring?

Your right about the first 5 minutes of a real game, especially when the temp is high 20s and the turf wickets still a road. At least you chase a ball around and play for something. Pre season seems so long.
Does anyone know if any of Sth Yarras players are returning from their previous years. They had a decent ruckman and onballer.
Our numbers have been good, without being outstanding. Alot of numbers have come through the club, just not on the same night. Which is a coaches nightmare.

I am 100% positive with this rumour... I heard it with my own ears at the club last week.

I don't believe that for one second dont under estimate the cobras there well on the way to having a successful season under astute coch mick allen he has a great record for rebuilding teams and getting them back on top i reckon there a good chance.

I don't believe that for one second dont under estimate the cobras there well on the way to having a successful season under astute coch mick allen he has a great record for rebuilding teams and getting them back on top i reckon there a good chance.

well if you dont believe this rumour wait til the season starts u will notice in your record the SANDOWN/PARKMORE BULLDOGS

These clubs could not possibly merge this late, it would be a takeover either way. Has the Cobras situation improved over the last two weeks? I am a fromer pirate but i do not feel sorry for them fro one minute, Houston was always going to do what he did and then they hired a guy who has a worse reputation than charlie manson. Clubs have to suck it up, at some satge you are not going to be successful. That is when you battern down the hatches and really apply yourselves as players coaches or commitee members to get together on the same page. Heatherton are a perfect example of that, absolute whipping boys not 4 seasons ago and now looking forward to div 1.

It would probaly be the smart choice to merge, but only if both teams are struggling, I believe sandown will have enough players to fill 2 teams so they probaly wont need to merge at all!!

I know a bloke who played there last year and he says there numbers are exactly the same as they were this time last year hence there numbers will be fine at the start of the year

Last Thursday night new CEO Phil Stevens visited Parkmore FC and liked what he saw. Read Phil's story on his visit next week.

I just read this of the SFL website, I'm not exactly sure what it is meant to mean?? did he visit because he was worried or maybe the whole paul jeffries saga last week, or is Phill just going to pop into random clubs and have a look from now on?? which is cool, but I was just wondering what people thoughts were??

Maybe after all the rumours he just wanted to see for himself?? Hence is Sandown Cobras next on the list of pop ins???

(Log in to remove this ad.)

div 1 news.....kane batzloff, tony antrobus (former ess and stk player and 1983 magarey medallist) and terry mckinley all to mordialloc. must be starting a dads army team!! as well as troy ogier from edi asp and sylvester is returning also to the bloods

can anyone from either highett or east brighton confirm or deny that phil smith has left the dogs to return to the vampires???
Batzloff to Mordialloc ??? Is that confirmed?

Gee, that bloke has retired about 10 times now. He'd have a few training jumpers to choose from considering the amount of clubs he's played for.

I thought he was aligned with Old Camberwell in the ammos which hinged on a job offer he took up.

Regardless though, even with his age, he would prove to be a great pickup for Mordy, is well above the Div 1 standard.

What about the gun 'Samperi'... he was mentioned in Dec 06 as being a new recruit for Mordy.

And, along with the other guys mentioned, don't forget young Horler (see post #971), he'll win Mordy's B&F no doubt, provided of course we get to play footy this year.

Yeah Kane Batzloff is probaly the best footballer I have ever played footy with, he is 2 or 3 steps above div 1 standard and outright gun, Also add Troy Ogier who is an emerging superstar, can kick 50 to 60 metres with both feet!! You gotta remember troy ogier played footy at frankston, it suprises me he left Edi asp though but he is a gun as well

Major pick ups for mordi, they are rivalling St Kilda City with these pick ups, Mr.Houston might need to add some more talents if Mordi are doing this well in the pre season!!

Samperi was rumoured be very interested if that comes through as well because he is also an exceptional footballer, Marc Horler is a very good player, but if Batzloff is playing Id say he is a shoe in for Mordi B&F

How old is sugar these days???

Not Marc Horler, but rather the younger Robert.

Young, fast, elusive, highly skilled...etc. who could prove to be better than Marc (a long bow, I know).

Will slot straight into their midfield and will rack up about 35+ a week.

Perhaps if Batzloff plays Ruck, it could prove to be a very dynamic duo

DAVEY DOESN'T NEED TO REV HIMSELF UP CAUSE HIS A COBRA LEGEND,87 AND 97 PREMIERSHIP PLAYER.DAVEY LEFT THE COBRAS AFTER ROUND 7(HE WAS AN ASSISTANT COACH) LAST YEAR DUE TO PERSONAL REASONS CONCERNING THE CLUB AND A CERTAIN INDIVIDUAL WHO HAS COPPED ALOT OF FLAK ON THIS FORUM HE KNOWS WHO HE IS I'M NOT GUNNA MENTION NAMES.DAVEY IS A MASTERCOACH AND HAS MASTERPLANS,MULGRAVE IS RAPPED TO HAVE HIM AT THEIR CLUB.:thumbsu:

FOR CHRIST SAKE STOP REFERRING TO YOURSELF IN THE THIRD. AND YOU WERN'T AN ASSITANT COACH YOU VOLENTERED TO HELP. YOU HAD NO OFFICIAL ROLE!!!

THEN YOU EVEN SAID YOU WERE TRYING TO TAKE OVER THE PREVIOUS COACHES JOB!! (HEARD FROM YOUR OWN MOUTH). AND NOW YOU’RE TRYING TO STEAL THERE PLAYERS LIKE MULGRAVE DID BACK IN 99. LEAVING THE CLUB NO OPTION BUT TO FOLD FOR A YEAR!!!

YOU NEED TO TAKE A GOOD HARD LOOK AT YOURSELF DAVE!!!! YOU’RE THE MASTER MANIPULATOR!!!!!
:thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown:

I know I said I would not be back. I thought I would be banned by now. All I will say is, One gone, one to go, and maybe the Southern Cobras will be ok.

Looks like the new coach has some balls.

DO US ALL A FAVOUR ASND BAN YOURSELF!! THERE'S NOTHING WORSE THAN A SOOK!!:thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown:

I HEARD TODAY THE SANDOWN COBRAS OFFICIALY SACKED GAGGS FROM THE CLUB DIAPPOINTING FOR HIM BUT IT HAD BEEN COMING FOR A LONG TIME.GOOD ON MICK ALLEN HIS DEFINATELY PUTTING THE CLUB IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION FROM OTHER SOURCES I'VE HEARD FROM.:thumbsu: :thumbsu:
Finally we can shed some positive talk on the cobras,mick allen wouldn't make a desicion like that if it wasn't warranted,the cobras will be better for it you don't need people like that at your club,my gut feeling tells me the cobras will be the biggest improver this year cause in my opinion allen is one of the best coaches in the league and the cobras are lucky to have his services.

Finally we can shed some positive talk on the cobras,mick allen wouldn't make a desicion like that if it wasn't warranted,the cobras will be better for it you don't need people like that at your club,my gut feeling tells me the cobras will be the biggest improver this year cause in my opinion allen is one of the best coaches in the league and the cobras are lucky to have his services.

I'd agree with that!!

i gather this gaggs fella is someone who wears a number containing the digits 2 and 4! would that be correct?
i tell you what, trained last night and felt good apart from the rock hard ground taking its toll on my calfs! numbers were good again (20), this time last year wre had 10-15 each night with mainly the same faces. have had over 50 so far with 17 new blokes including some much needed young 18-19 year olds. bring on april 14th. how were numbers elsewhere?

where were you tad?

i gather this gaggs fella is someone who wears a number containing the digits 2 and 4! would that be correct?
i tell you what, trained last night and felt good apart from the rock hard ground taking its toll on my calfs! numbers were good again (20), this time last year wre had 10-15 each night with mainly the same faces. have had over 50 so far with 17 new blokes including some much needed young 18-19 year olds. bring on april 14th. how were numbers elsewhere?

where were you tad?
Are you talking about the Eagles or cobras' numbers when you said 20,we had 37 last night ( Mount ) .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back