Southern Football League 2007

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will ban myself when thug Rossborough bans himself from all football clubs and apologises on this forum for all the grief he has caused over the years.

You "ban" yourself.....
Is that what you call it?
Okay.....
What football club do you "ban".....?

Are you talking about the Eagles or cobras' numbers when you said 20,we had 37 last night ( Mount ) .

definitely the eagles mate! their bloody good numbers if correct, which i know they are after speaking with tad! boys are looking forward to round one against you blokes m-lion! another new recruit at doveton, can't remember his surname but he played in the narre warren senior side that lost the g/final 2 years ago. the big fella trained last friday and didn't hold back with making his physical presence felt. sth yarra had 23 train which isn't bad 8 weeks out for a side coming back after a year out. still think sandown will get the numbers easy. alot of their 2's players won't front until the last minute which obviously isn't ideal, but i don't believe any of this merger rubbish! does anyone know anything about the numbers at parkmore since their coach got locked up? also interesting that they appointed collette to the roll of senior coach. is he the same bloke that was sacked a few years ago at another sfl club?

nah 24 at skye last night, a little dissapointed at that to tell you the truth but hey if thats the norm then who am I to disagree with the enemy within???

word is that you blokes are that fit and more polished than any other club that you could give most blokes a month off and it wouldn't make a difference! too hot to put money on madman!:thumbsu:

To The enemy Within i can confirm we had 37 at Mount ,i was one of the poor players put through a tough work out sore calfs,thighs and hammies.:rolleyes:

it's getting a bit boring on here. how about some word association?
as positive as possible but, if you have to be negative then so be it!
parkmore pirates-
richard houston-
paul jefferies-
mick allen-
cobras-
number 24-
premiers div 1-
div 2-
div 3-
wooden spoon div 1-
div 2-
div 3-
umpires-

parkmore pirates – Have sunken chests
richard houston – Changed his name by deed poll from Cranium
paul jefferies – Is a reason for gene pool screening
mick allen – Is as soft as lollies
cobras – Are very very old cars
number 24 – Nuckles' drag on the floor
Premiers
div 1 – Mordialloc
div 2 – Oakleigh Districts
div 3 – Skyes the limit
Wooden spoon
div 1 – East Brighton
div 2 – Parkmore
div 3 – Cobras
umpires – Are very astute

Dont the under 17s train also with the seniors at Mount. So that would make 37 players for 3 teams!!!!!
G'Day Scratcha, not this year it looks as though our 17's /18's for this year might fall through, i'm not sure of the reason why but we've only had one player train this year maybe there a bit lazy at that age, were hoping they start making an appearance shortly.

G'Day Scratcha, not this year it looks as though our 17's /18's for this year might fall through, i'm not sure of the reason why but we've only had one player train this year maybe there a bit lazy at that age, were hoping they start making an appearance shortly.
Thats no good. Hard to keep the youngsters. We are lucky enough this year to have picked up about 12 under 18s, mainly from Rowville. Dont know how good they are, some look silky, some just love the game of footy, but 1 is a brother of a player in our seniors and they look at be great club people. Thats a bonus. They came down last year to a few functions and loved it.

Thats no good. Hard to keep the youngsters. We are lucky enough this year to have picked up about 12 under 18s, mainly from Rowville. Dont know how good they are, some look silky, some just love the game of footy, but 1 is a brother of a player in our seniors and they look at be great club people. Thats a bonus. They came down last year to a few functions and loved it.

no good for mount at all! with both sides playing finals last year a couple of youngsters would have been a good boost for the senior sides this year. your right scratcha! some of the young fellas will push for senior selection while a couple of the others may keep me out of a few games in the 2's!

no good for mount at all! with both sides playing finals last year a couple of youngsters would have been a good boost for the senior sides this year. your right scratcha! some of the young fellas will push for senior selection while a couple of the others may keep me out of a few games in the 2's!
You will be right. For once you will have a fleet footed on ball brigade you can tap to!

The unders....
The problem the league has here is that you just don't announce a division and then expect it to be filled. The league should be out at the schools, clubs, councils and cricket clubs drumming up business.
A kid won't do anything unless you can interest him.
A good unders league is a way to start building stability in a fairly unstable league.
Problem is it is a lot of work.

Mordy for Premiers.....I'd like to see that.....Skye, too! Second Division.....Springvale Districts would be my tip.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

it's getting a bit boring on here. how about some word association?
as positive as possible but, if you have to be negative then so be it!
parkmore pirates- Sell soul to the devil get burnt
richard houston- You gotta know when to hold them, know when to fold them
paul jefferies- Keep you guns on the footy field
mick allen- Good luck to him, seems on right track
cobras- Improvers
number 24- Over it 150 Posts ago
premiers div 1- St.Kilda City
div 2- Oakleigh Districts
div 3- Skye
wooden spoon div 1- Heatherton
div 2- Parkmore
div 3- no interest
umpires-
a big no comment

The unders....
The problem the league has here is that you just don't announce a division and then expect it to be filled. The league should be out at the schools, clubs, councils and cricket clubs drumming up business.
A kid won't do anything unless you can interest him.
A good unders league is a way to start building stability in a fairly unstable league.
Problem is it is a lot of work.

Mordy for Premiers.....I'd like to see that.....Skye, too! Second Division.....Springvale Districts would be my tip.

I think a successful "Unders" comp is a shared responsibilty.Can't see that all the Onus would be on the league.A good "Unders" comp helps to strengthen the league but it also helps strengthen individual clubs and provides them with longevity and a solid foundation.

Therefore I see the individual clubs have a greater role in fostering relationships with schools,cricket clubs,councils etc.

Overheard a conversation of the parkmore president saying that they will most likely be merging with sandown and will be named the Sandown/Parkmore Bulldogs. Also Robert Kreskas will be making a move to Ringwood for the 2007 season.

T-I-G-E-R-M-A-N
Who's the new assistant coach then does anyone know, i heard he will end up at another s.f.l team in Division 1.

The move for us to Tuesdays and Thursday this early has paid off with numbers. Last night we had our biggest turn out for the whole pre-season and the way the ball was moving around you'll swear we were in mid season

The move for us to Tuesdays and Thursday this early has paid off with numbers. Last night we had our biggest turn out for the whole pre-season and the way the ball was moving around you'll swear we were in mid season
Obviously there's not many cricketers amongst your ranks.

there are a few, but most of them like their footy better.

the funny thing was the SFL umps were at the track training again getting in the way.

Mr.I'm the gun,I believe it was your club that was actually in the way of us training last nite as i believe your club has no right to be training there as the sflua have followed correct procedure and ask the relevant people to train at that venue as it is our permanant training venue.So mate please be careful what you say or next time we may ask you to go train elsewhere if your not prepared to be thankful to us for letting you train there.More than willing to share as long as we get a little respect champ,and by the way I don't call 20 on the track great,as we had 40 1st nite.:)

Mr.I'm the gun,I believe it was your club that was actually in the way of us training last nite as i believe your club has no right to be training there as the sflua have followed correct procedure and ask the relevant people to train at that venue as it is our permanant training venue.So mate please be careful what you say or next time we may ask you to go train elsewhere if your not prepared to be thankful to us for letting you train there.More than willing to share as long as we get a little respect champ,and by the way I don't call 20 on the track great,as we had 40 1st nite.:)

We had another 15 doing weight at the club,
anyway, the umps training? for what? more bad calls, still trying to get that bounce right? you guys looked good last night ;)

:)
We had another 15 doing weight at the club,
anyway, the umps training? for what? more bad calls, still trying to get that bounce right? you guys looked good last night ;)

:) Well Mr.Gun if you think that you can do better then why don't you come down next week and sign up,we are always looking for new umpires,in regards to the bounce of the ball mate,now that we are using sherrin's mate I think you will find a significant increase in better bouncing of the pill,not I need them mate I bounce well anyway:cool:

Booo hoooo. Umpires dont need all the ground! We have every right to be at that ground, its a public running facility, I dont see locks on the gates 'tresspassers will be shot'. Oh I'm sorry we should have check and followed the correct procedure. Yea right.
As many clubs we are forced off the mighty Turner Road Reserve by our council. We wont be there for long, so don't stress.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back