Southern Football League 2007

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
A note re anything, anything, rumoured, unproven, assumed :

Allegations on this site, especially when in reference to the character of any person (whether forum user and/or player/admin/fan) are subject to what I call a "prove or remove" policy.

If you can't PROVE them, don't post them. I'll remove them.*

If you don't cease posting them, there is little choice left but to remove he/she that keeps posting them.

My policy is MUCH more lenient than that of most other mods on other boards, and is a watered down version of the rules that I sometimes cop flak for from the admin. I should really be levelling infractions at anyone ever found to 'muckrake', even once, with or without intent.

I don't enjoy pruning posts off the thread, and I'm usually very busy pruning a similar number of posts of each of the other threads in Regional Leagues.

Please keep posting within the rules (per BF regulations), and let me know if you see something you don't like.

Thanks for listening!

* 'a source' in not proof.
* 'know as a fact' in not proof.
* 'he told me himself' in not proof.
* 'i saw him' is not proof.

Mobbenfurhrer

As a current player for 5 years its about time all the so called experts got canned from talking their unsubstantiated rubbish, my pay has been mentioned on here and I wish I was getting big footy money (about 3 times reality). We as a playing group are rapt in whats Richards doing as a coach ,rapt in the new players including Cass and there attitudes to fit the StKilda mould, rapt in the off field work Rocket,Mason & Johnny are doing rapt in the spirit we show on and off the field . There wouldnt be a club thats works harder off the field than StKilda city to succeed. The 3 positives of banning all the dills will be the continual public & personal attacks on Coach Houston, the continual crap about how much Stkilda City spend & general discussion about Stkilda City we are over it, judge us at the end of the year

I hope you did not play for North Kew as they were the most unlucky side in history, 2005 Moorabbin great side and the 2006 Parkmore Pirates (aptly named for a bunch of mercenaries I reckon)

.... "Parkmore Pirates (aptly named for a bunch of mercenaries I reckon)"

Richard.... my my that's not very nice. Seriously how can they be called mercinaries for enjoying the fruits of your labour? I understand they did not accept your offer to, I'm paraphrasing here so correct me if I'm wrong, to take over the parkmore club but I would have thought that would have made them NOT the mercenaries?

At the end of the day it stands that to compete in any grade of local footy, and probably local sport you need $$$$. For anyone to throw mud at another club for spending large is a little naive. If you have no $$, your relying on people to bring mates down to the club. We all only have so many mates to ask let alone half decent sports people to bring along. So when other clubs are offering $$ most of the time the $$ are too good to refuse. We had 2 or 3 really really good players train with us this preseason who had hundreds of dollars offered to them from elsewhere, they said they would like to have stayed with us as they loved the culture but needed the cash too much. So you then need to find really innovative ways of attracting decent players which is very hard.
The easiest way is coin or offering jobs and so forth, good luck to ones (all of the clubs) who can afford too. Makes life a whole lot easier on the field, also in the committe and coaches rooms let me tell you.

Anyone know why there are no match previews/reviews on the SFL site - only links to the Leader articles?

The results are submitted electronically by the clubs after the game, I play at Murrumbeena and had to arrange Internet for the club so that they can submit the results at half time and the end of each game, as well as the votes.

It's a bit annoying because I always like to read the match reviews online at work during the week.

.... "Parkmore Pirates (aptly named for a bunch of mercenaries I reckon)"

Richard.... my my that's not very nice. Seriously how can they be called mercinaries for enjoying the fruits of your labour? I understand they did not accept your offer to, I'm paraphrasing here so correct me if I'm wrong, to take over the parkmore club but I would have thought that would have made them NOT the mercenaries?

At the end of the day it stands that to compete in any grade of local footy, and probably local sport you need $$$$. For anyone to throw mud at another club for spending large is a little naive. If you have no $$, your relying on people to bring mates down to the club. We all only have so many mates to ask let alone half decent sports people to bring along. So when other clubs are offering $$ most of the time the $$ are too good to refuse. We had 2 or 3 really really good players train with us this preseason who had hundreds of dollars offered to them from elsewhere, they said they would like to have stayed with us as they loved the culture but needed the cash too much. So you then need to find really innovative ways of attracting decent players which is very hard.
The easiest way is coin or offering jobs and so forth, good luck to ones (all of the clubs) who can afford too. Makes life a whole lot easier on the field, also in the committe and coaches rooms let me tell you.
Sorry I was refering to the players that came with me, not the club or officials as they are all honest harding working people who are not paid a cent....I take my hat off to Paul Dowling and Mike Smyth and the others for what they are trying to do.

What chances Parkmore being re-graded after round 3 ???? drop them back to Div 3 and have the bye in Div 2 .

The league should have looked into Parkmores problems earlier than now.

They were never going to be successful in div2 or even div 3 for that matter, NOW we have a division that the rest of the footy public laughs at.

In hindsight Parkmore should have been given there marching orders at the end of 2005, In 2006 all they did was make fools of the league in div 3.

What chances Parkmore being re-graded after round 3 ???? drop them back to Div 3 and have the bye in Div 2 .
I agree, but why wait ? Another heavy loss could make some players, say l am out of here,do it now and save the league, from more embarrasment,no one wants to be belted week after week,:mad:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The results are submitted electronically by the clubs after the game, I play at Murrumbeena and had to arrange Internet for the club so that they can submit the results at half time and the end of each game, as well as the votes.

It's a bit annoying because I always like to read the match reviews online at work during the week.
fair blue on the weekend i hear??

Just saw that Salim Hassan is on report. Can anyone shed any light on what occurred???

I heard their was also a good blue in the Mordi/Heatherton game and also in the Murrumbeena game.

from the sidelines it look liked Salim gave a good STRONG marking contest that sent the clayton player to the ground possibly hitting his head on the turf, it looked fair, players that good play the ball not the man, i could be wrong about the contest, but it wouldn't have been a report in the bush:)

Yeah the Lyndale - Murrumbeena game got a bit heated during the seniors. More the Murrumbeena boys getting a bit frustrated though and good to see our boys fly the flag when needed although Sheeds went a bit far and took his set penalty. Could be a few out for the beena for next few weeks though! I don't believe they didn't take the set penalty, pretty crude attempts to tackle nearly beheaded our fella.

Yeah the Lyndale - Murrumbeena game got a bit heated during the seniors. More the Murrumbeena boys getting a bit frustrated though and good to see our boys fly the flag when needed although Sheeds went a bit far and took his set penalty. Could be a few out for the beena for next few weeks though! I don't believe they didn't take the set penalty, pretty crude attempts to tackle nearly beheaded our fella.
So it was a head high tackle rather than striking????

So it was a head high tackle rather than striking????

Don't know of many blokes who would tackle with a clenched fist. Lyndale-Murrumbeena game was a scrap from the opening bounce, a lot of clashes but it did escalate into a small get-together at half time.
2-0 for the pumas now but two big tests in the next fortnight.

from the sidelines it look liked Salim gave a good STRONG marking contest that sent the clayton player to the ground possibly hitting his head on the turf, it looked fair, players that good play the ball not the man, i could be wrong about the contest, but it wouldn't have been a report in the bush:)

Not wrong, bloody gutsy effort by both players eyes on the ball ,not even reportable, the goose umpire not only reports but gives him a red card, the whole crowd went into frenzy, great game though tough & hard, pretty impressed with both sides

Don't know of many blokes who would tackle with a clenched fist. Lyndale-Murrumbeena game was a scrap from the opening bounce, a lot of clashes but it did escalate into a small get-together at half time.
2-0 for the pumas now but two big tests in the next fortnight.

I didn't think anything that serious occured that 3 guys should get reported. Good win to Lyndale though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back