Southern Football League 2007

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Basically I am being melodramatic about your comments that the integrity of the competition is at stake, which is an absolutely ludicrous statement to make! There was obviously something in his action, which deserved him to be reported, red carded and ultimately a 3-week ban- but I will not comment further on the incident, as I did not see what happened.

There certainly is a time to appeal for tribunal decisions, but there isn’t much going for him from what I understand. A red card and an unfavourable report from the umpire are unlikely to be reversed without some extremely convincing video footage of the incident, or a miracle. From my time around various leagues within country NSW/ACT, and country Vic, appeals are rarely overturned when the umpire has filed an unfavourable report and the player has been dismissed from the field. And if there is an appeal without some credible evidence, I think the player should receive an extra 1-week as a deterrent for clubs not to waste the tribunal’s time.

I have nothing against the St Kilda club, as I was considering them when I moved here, but for the integrity of the competition, the club should accept the tribunal’s ban and get on with the rest of the season, which from all reports should be a very successful one.

I think all video has to be tagged and bagged and sent to the SFL with the umpires. So video now would be useless

Your opinion is warranted, but if you were there and saw the incident
you would have a different opinion .I dont think appealling is a bd thing because an appeal is the final process you can undertake,.Also the umpire in question is a sh....man, I think McNiece is his name, he is a disgrace wait unitl you get him you will feel the same he is a drama queen and tries to dominate the game , he never stopped yapping all day

Very ordianary reflection on yourself and you club (if you represent them) to name and publicly comment on the umpires. I was there I don't follow either side and I thought the umpires did a pretty good job, in what was a very physical contest. I though he should be reported and the tribumal should decide whether he was guilty or not.

do you think your are helping sal's chances of getting off by voicing your obvious disgust, then attacking the umpire on a public forum??

in the end if the tribunal thought it was worthy of three weeks then i dont think he will get off on appeal. especially if you, and the club continue with this behaviour in a public forum.

in future, its okay to be upset at the decision but think before you type.

Firstly let me say this I am unaware of any people ever getting off on an appeal with the SFL.

So I would say speak your mind about the umpiring because the standard is s***.

This is a forum !! :D :D

The player from Lyndale who was at the receiving end of those head high tackles deserved them, he was lippy all bloody day, I could hear him from the side lines.

Your a fool, i was no further than 15 metres from the incident and nothing was said. The discipline of the Beena player would have to be questioned. The Lyndale player kept touch with all of his opponents all day. Thats all he did.

do you think your are helping sal's chances of getting off by voicing your obvious disgust, then attacking the umpire on a public forum??

in the end if the tribunal thought it was worthy of three weeks then i dont think he will get off on appeal. especially if you, and the club continue with this behaviour in a public forum.

in future, its okay to be upset at the decision but think before you type.

Maybe or maybe not, better than being an ostrich, not upset by any means just stating facts, the other issue is the tribunal dont decide the penalty the penalty is decided by the report sheet where the umpire ticks the box, the tribunal decides if you are guilty or not, having been through the process a couple of times, there is no doubt that you are guilty until proven innocent at the tribunal and the umpires dont have to do anything special to get a guilty verdict,lets just go through the process and see what happens, if it works good, if not we move on, no regrets about the umpire he deserves it.

Maybe or maybe not, better than being an ostrich, not upset by any means just stating facts, the other issue is the tribunal dont decide the penalty the penalty is decided by the report sheet where the umpire ticks the box, the tribunal decides if you are guilty or not, having been through the process a couple of times, there is no doubt that you are guilty until proven innocent at the tribunal and the umpires dont have to do anything special to get a guilty verdict,lets just go through the process and see what happens, if it works good, if not we move on, no regrets about the umpire he deserves it.

The sponge has been silenced on the matter.
The club will not be commenting on the issue any further, an appeal has been lodged and we will abide by the decisions that are made there.

Firstly CM, it looks as if they have to go back next week for the other fellas report, something you obviously didn't check before you shot off some smart talk. Talk about fellas being lippy, I may show the so called lippy one this post and he can decide how being lippy justifies being punched in the head and if its deserved? Think not mate.

Fair enough, I'm not disagreeing that it was undisciplined, as I personally wouldn't do that myself. In hindsight they shouldn't have lost their cool, and a wrap around the head is a bit dangerous, but I don't think it warrants a report do you?

Your a fool, i was no further than 15 metres from the incident and nothing was said. The discipline of the Beena player would have to be questioned. The Lyndale player kept touch with all of his opponents all day. Thats all he did.

First of all I take back my comments of saying he deserved the head high tackles, but I will say that he was very lippy to the players, however that doesn't condone what happened to him.

Hello Mobbenfuhrer,
I seem to have had another comment deleted.
May I know as to why?

PS. Am I allowed to talk about my mum's roses?

Hello Mobbenfuhrer,
I seem to have had another comment deleted.
May I know as to why?

PS. Am I allowed to talk about my mum's roses?
I feel that would be taking things too far Pining, Happy Mothers Day for Sunday to any mums bothered to take the time to read these posts.

First of all I take back my comments of saying he deserved the head high tackles, but I will say that he was very lippy to the players, however that doesn't condone what happened to him.

Colonel please do not try to make lippy an excuse, the Beena had a few guys talking it up all day and our guys with the exception of one were smart enough to let it go.
Anyway see you in 9 weeks,when we get to wear the crappy jumpers:D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Colonel please do not try to make lippy an excuse, the Beena had a few guys talking it up all day and our guys with the exception of one were smart enough to let it go.
Anyway see you in 9 weeks,when we get to wear the crappy jumpers:D

Lol!! What did you think of our away jumpers? Although I still think they look pretty ordinary, at least it's better than wearing a 1943 Kangaroos jumper. ;)

Mate i didn't think they were too bad, good idea for your club to have them. Even though there is only 1 clash a year per side they can be used for training purposes. Better than what we got to look forward to, Lyndale will be wearing something that hasn't been washed in 6 months.

Mate i didn't think they were too bad, good idea for your club to have them. Even though there is only 1 clash a year per side they can be used for training purposes. Better than what we got to look forward to, Lyndale will be wearing something that hasn't been washed in 6 months.
We have 2 sets, one set are our training jumpers which mos players have the other set are white and worn by the 1's against the likes of St. Pauls

We have 2 sets, one set are our training jumpers which mos players have the other set are white and worn by the 1's against the likes of St. Pauls

Yeah it would be handy to have training jumpers, my Richmond guernsey earns me nothing but pain on the training track :eek:

Yeah I believe it was, I didnt see it though, just thought 6 weeks was rather harsh for a rucking contest??

He went up for a ruck contest with both feet aimed straight at the opponents chest. There was nigle all day between them and it was obvious fustration on his behalf. Was possibly lucky to have not got more.

In Response to 8888 query on how ONeill on the big K$,s is going at StKilda City,

8888 you would be the highest paid player in the WRFL, not including sign ons * slings on the side and extra little favours you get, you should stick to THE WRFL thread and stop potting your mates, as far as Oneill is going he has been solid , we as players feel he has fitted in really well, You wouldnt be #81 this year? What an attention seeker , only a big head would wear a number like that,after speaking to a few people you had your chance to play with us this year but we couldnt afford you , you have now moved into the mercenary category :) :) :) , Keep abusing the opposition crowds . Good Luck this year. "The Sponge"

In Response to 8888 query on how ONeill on the big K$,s is going at StKilda City,

8888 you would be the highest paid player in the WRFL, not including sign ons * slings on the side and extra little favours you get, you should stick to THE WRFL thread and stop potting your mates, as far as Oneill is going he has been solid , we as players feel he has fitted in really well, You wouldnt be #81 this year? What an attention seeker , only a big head would wear a number like that,after speaking to a few people you had your chance to play with us this year but we couldnt afford you , you have now moved into the mercenary category :) :) :) , Keep abusing the opposition crowds . Good Luck this year. "The Sponge"
On ya spongey!

Yeah I believe it was, I didnt see it though, just thought 6 weeks was rather harsh for a rucking contest??

The Kangas ruckman got that high that he kicked the Eagles ruckman and scraped his boot down the side of his body ripping his jumper and leaving a huge mark that the tribunal looked at !

6 weeks was a let off !

Didn't keep touch when he was lying on the ground knocked out!!!

Pfft, I got #82.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back