Southern Football League 2007

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't think anything that serious occured that 3 guys should get reported. Good win to Lyndale though.

The first Beena guy to get reported was a bit unlucky, even though he should of been off much earlier. Wasn't the first time he took a swing. Our bloke threw a punch and was caught, pretty simple really.
It was a good tough game of football, the type of game that we lost last year by 10 goals but we have turned it around. Dingley this week will show how much we have improved. we had them in a practice match and with the exception of the first quarter matched them for the day. But both sides will make at least 4 changes. I know we had guys out and Quinny had a few as well.

At best he was reckless at the marking contest. Ryan Goodes is a tough player and he had to spend 10 minutes off the ground to recover. Worth a report.

Speaking to goodes after the game , he said by taking the mark he didnt get a chance to put his hand down to break his fall, the head hitting the ground caused him to leave the ground, You would be the only person at the ground that would think that was reportable apart from the umpire

Speaking to goodes after the game , he said by taking the mark he didnt get a chance to put his hand down to break his fall, the head hitting the ground caused him to leave the ground, You would be the only person at the ground that would think that was reportable apart from the umpire

We wouldn't mind if he didn't play this week..... C'mon doggies! Should be a cracker at the Peanut farm. Good indication to see how we are travelling, one of the hardest road trips in the SFL.

Thoughts on the standard of Div 2? Springy Districts are a cut above the rest. They have a number of stars out of thier team and still won by 15 goals. Should the league step in at the early in the footy season to promote/demote teams on performance. Feel sorry for Moorabin and Parkmore, there could be some record scores kicked against them this year.

Two goals from 4qtrtime, tally of 4. Keep it up.

dingley will struggle to be beaten at home i think.

good size ground, and gives there young blokes plenty of space to run.

i expect dingley's skills to be tested more this week.

at home they will be hard to beat.

Not wrong, bloody gutsy effort by both players eyes on the ball ,not even reportable, the goose umpire not only reports but gives him a red card, the whole crowd went into frenzy, great game though tough & hard, pretty impressed with both sides
hassan scored 3 weeks. the bloke from beena got off for a head high tackle

Just shows how bad the SFL is that a good player gets 3 weeks playing the footy as expected from a former VFL player. No doubts a free kick, even 50m and 10 minutes to cool off, but a red card and 3 weeks......hmm

Just shows how bad the SFL is that a good player gets 3 weeks playing the footy as expected from a former VFL player. No doubts a free kick, even 50m and 10 minutes to cool off, but a red card and 3 weeks......hmm

Play by the rules or don't play at all.

This decision has destroyed any credibility this competition has, speaking to club officials last night , they are going to appeal the decision vigorously , the umpire told blatant lies, the tribunal have not got a clue. What decisions like this do is turn players away from the comp, this just destoys all the goodwork the admin of the league are doing, as a player
this stinks of tall poppy syndrome, if it wasnt Sal the umpire wouldnt have blinked an eyelid, we all know the umpire is a well known attention seeker and a t o o l at that, We cant believe the tribunal has fallen into him!

Is it a case of St. Kilda trying to be bigger than the SFL?

We've had players rubbed out on the eve of finals for a push, we took it on the chin and went on to win the flag in 2004.

Yeah I remember Paul Youle getting a rough decision on the eve of the finals, 6 weeks in a rucking contest, the Kangas appealed, Lost and then that was that!!

So where do i find club links on the new website- cannot find them which is disappointing

There's heaps missing - considering this is the most accessible overview of the SFL, it really should be better. As I stated earlier, no match previews/reviews is a bummer & leaving news posts on the site for weeks (when it's a weekly comp) is pretty average.

I would have thought the guys that do the record would supply all of the info for the website like in the past.

Send an email of discontent to Mr Stevens.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This decision has destroyed any credibility this competition has, speaking to club officials last night , they are going to appeal the decision vigorously , the umpire told blatant lies, the tribunal have not got a clue. What decisions like this do is turn players away from the comp, this just destoys all the goodwork the admin of the league are doing, as a player
this stinks of tall poppy syndrome, if it wasnt Sal the umpire wouldnt have blinked an eyelid, we all know the umpire is a well known attention seeker and a t o o l at that, We cant believe the tribunal has fallen into him!

Is it a case of St. Kilda trying to be bigger than the SFL?

We've had players rubbed out on the eve of finals for a push, we took it on the chin and went on to win the flag in 2004.

Players get suspended all the time, the integrity of the player and the club will come into question if they appeal the decision 'vigorously', and the leagues integrity if they allow St. Kilda to push them around.

A real club and player take the decisions- right or wrong, and get on with it. They dont whinge about how the worlds against them, im a superstar player so I should get special treatment!! Its part of the game.

As Uncle Chop Chop would say: Harden the fudge up!!

its been very quiet on here the past week. whats going on?? surely there is something to talk about.

i will try to start something then.

who are the new players to the league that have impressed you the most??

Mordialloc have alot of new recruits, most impressive at this early stage would be; Ogier, Rob Horler, Stockley, McNeill, McKinley, Ferguson.

Chelsea Heights have a few i've seen- Matheson, Kelly, Gotch.

There's heaps missing - considering this is the most accessible overview of the SFL, it really should be better. As I stated earlier, no match previews/reviews is a bummer & leaving news posts on the site for weeks (when it's a weekly comp) is pretty average.

I would have thought the guys that do the record would supply all of the info for the website like in the past.

Send an email of discontent to Mr Stevens.

Yes a bit crap and a big let down. I'm not a fan of the new website but what can you do? if Stevens would really listen to a sook about that

Players get suspended all the time, the integrity of the player and the club will come into question if they appeal the decision 'vigorously', and the leagues integrity if they allow St. Kilda to push them around.

A real club and player take the decisions- right or wrong, and get on with it. They dont whinge about how the worlds against them, im a superstar player so I should get special treatment!! Its part of the game.

As Uncle Chop Chop would say: Harden the fudge up!!

No worries about our hardness, but there comes a time when you have to take the next step with tribunal decisions, we as a club since I have been there have been destroyed by the tribunal, this blokes integrity is at stake
therefore the players and committee have decided to pursue his innocence

No worries about our hardness, but there comes a time when you have to take the next step with tribunal decisions, we as a club since I have been there have been destroyed by the tribunal, this blokes integrity is at stake
therefore the players and committee have decided to pursue his innocence

Basically I am being melodramatic about your comments that the integrity of the competition is at stake, which is an absolutely ludicrous statement to make! There was obviously something in his action, which deserved him to be reported, red carded and ultimately a 3-week ban- but I will not comment further on the incident, as I did not see what happened.

There certainly is a time to appeal for tribunal decisions, but there isn’t much going for him from what I understand. A red card and an unfavourable report from the umpire are unlikely to be reversed without some extremely convincing video footage of the incident, or a miracle. From my time around various leagues within country NSW/ACT, and country Vic, appeals are rarely overturned when the umpire has filed an unfavourable report and the player has been dismissed from the field. And if there is an appeal without some credible evidence, I think the player should receive an extra 1-week as a deterrent for clubs not to waste the tribunal’s time.

I have nothing against the St Kilda club, as I was considering them when I moved here, but for the integrity of the competition, the club should accept the tribunal’s ban and get on with the rest of the season, which from all reports should be a very successful one.

Basically I am being melodramatic about your comments that the integrity of the competition is at stake, which is an absolutely ludicrous statement to make! There was obviously something in his action, which deserved him to be reported, red carded and ultimately a 3-week ban- but I will not comment further on the incident, as I did not see what happened.

There certainly is a time to appeal for tribunal decisions, but there isn’t much going for him from what I understand. A red card and an unfavourable report from the umpire are unlikely to be reversed without some extremely convincing video footage of the incident, or a miracle. From my time around various leagues within country NSW/ACT, and country Vic, appeals are rarely overturned when the umpire has filed an unfavourable report and the player has been dismissed from the field. And if there is an appeal without some credible evidence, I think the player should receive an extra 1-week as a deterrent for clubs not to waste the tribunal’s time.

I have nothing against the St Kilda club, as I was considering them when I moved here, but for the integrity of the competition, the club should accept the tribunal’s ban and get on with the rest of the season, which from all reports should be a very successful one.

Your opinion is warranted, but if you were there and saw the incident
you would have a different opinion .I dont think appealling is a bd thing because an appeal is the final process you can undertake,.Also the umpire in question is a sh....man, I think McNiece is his name, he is a disgrace wait unitl you get him you will feel the same he is a drama queen and tries to dominate the game , he never stopped yapping all day

The first Beena guy to get reported was a bit unlucky, even though he should of been off much earlier. Wasn't the first time he took a swing. Our bloke threw a punch and was caught, pretty simple really.
It was a good tough game of football, the type of game that we lost last year by 10 goals but we have turned it around. Dingley this week will show how much we have improved. we had them in a practice match and with the exception of the first quarter matched them for the day. But both sides will make at least 4 changes. I know we had guys out and Quinny had a few as well.

The player from Lyndale who was at the receiving end of those head high tackles deserved them, he was lippy all bloody day, I could hear him from the side lines.

Your opinion is warranted, but if you were there and saw the incident
you would have a different opinion .I dont think appealling is a bd thing because an appeal is the final process you can undertake,.Also the umpire in question is a sh....man, I think McNiece is his name, he is a disgrace wait unitl you get him you will feel the same he is a drama queen and tries to dominate the game , he never stopped yapping all day

do you think your are helping sal's chances of getting off by voicing your obvious disgust, then attacking the umpire on a public forum??

in the end if the tribunal thought it was worthy of three weeks then i dont think he will get off on appeal. especially if you, and the club continue with this behaviour in a public forum.

in future, its okay to be upset at the decision but think before you type.

The player from Lyndale who was at the receiving end of those head high tackles deserved them, he was lippy all bloody day, I could hear him from the side lines.
Firstly CM, it looks as if they have to go back next week for the other fellas report, something you obviously didn't check before you shot off some smart talk. Talk about fellas being lippy, I may show the so called lippy one this post and he can decide how being lippy justifies being punched in the head and if its deserved? Think not mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back