Southern Football League - Division 3 talk only!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can confirm that Skye had 48 players out (well that's how many didn't by a raffle ticket on Thursday).

Have to pass on our best wishes to Coach, plus SLAM... they've been hit with the life threatening Flu... hope they're OK.

Chicken soup for you chickens.

You really need to stop having so many travellers on the way home and then backing it up with six stubbies and a few reds at family dinners. I think it plays with your head (not to mention the waist line.)

Slam is available this week you will be happy to know, has tucked right in to the 'Willow Soup' during the week.

Look forward to your reply at about 11 / 1130ish tonight after you have topped up.

Go Dougie Barwick.

Hey Madman is Bravo playing this year or was his body just telling him it was time to stop??
Also is Shrek backing up again to continue? These guys were big bodies that gave you some grunt last year and just curious..

Doveton V's Mt Waverly, Outright Blockbuster this week!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Totally agree.. Looking forward to see how the midfields match up. Both seem to be very quick and fit that run in numbers constantly. I think Mt will have the advantage in the following areas.
Wilkin in the ruck will match it with the man mountain of Dovey but will be used a lot more around the ground to link up..
The mt on ballers will be a little more accountable - cozzy is the best tagger in the league and gets plenty of his own ball. number 42 is their quarterback and love the ball in his hands (he is the one that needs close attention).
Going forward the flying headband will be a bit too good for the Doveton backline. In numbers Mt will be able to stop the ball getting to ramsdale and mussa.
That's just my thoughts - Mount by about 4 goals.

Hey Madman is Bravo playing this year or was his body just telling him it was time to stop??
Also is Shrek backing up again to continue? These guys were big bodies that gave you some grunt last year and just curious..

Not sure about Bravo, hopefully he plays some ressies games this year, it would be good to see him do real well in the ressies i hope

top notch bloke bravo, the guys a true gentlemen!!

Shrekka playing real well in the seniors, real well!! You cant ever underestimate the value of true experience and know how!!! Got the upmost respect for the innaugarual captain of skye!! I have played around 5-6 years with Shrekka at 3 different clubs now and he keeps producing!! He has his knockers but he has a huge heart, no one should deny him that!!

Totally agree.. Looking forward to see how the midfields match up. Both seem to be very quick and fit that run in numbers constantly. I think Mt will have the advantage in the following areas.
Wilkin in the ruck will match it with the man mountain of Dovey but will be used a lot more around the ground to link up..
The mt on ballers will be a little more accountable - cozzy is the best tagger in the league and gets plenty of his own ball. number 42 is their quarterback and love the ball in his hands (he is the one that needs close attention).
Going forward the flying headband will be a bit too good for the Doveton backline. In numbers Mt will be able to stop the ball getting to ramsdale and mussa.
That's just my thoughts - Mount by about 4 goals.

I Reckon Doveton are the team this year!! Has shades of 2005!!! Unfortunately for them they ran into a phenominial div 3 side in Moorabbin Kangaroos that year!!

Fia
Mimo
A.tootu
Kiki x 2
etc etc etc

Mt and Doveton is a huge blockbuster in rd 4 i reckon, The winner of this game has a nice grip on top spot for a very long time!!

Sure its early and sides will get alot better but a 4-0 start is huge!!

I'll say doveton tomorrow by 5-10 points!!!!

I Reckon Doveton are the team this year!! Has shades of 2005!!! Unfortunately for them they ran into a phenominial div 3 side in Moorabbin Kangaroos that year!!

Fia
Mimo
A.tootu
Kiki x 2
etc etc etc

Mt and Doveton is a huge blockbuster in rd 4 i reckon, The winner of this game has a nice grip on top spot for a very long time!!

should be a ripper game, mounts runners across all lines and doveton's quality forward line should make for a good contest all day.

on the '05 team, they would have this years team covered i reckon, too much experience!

Fia
Mimo
A.tootu
Kiki x 2
etc etc etc

We had a cracker of a year until finals and were knocked out in straight sets.
Funny enough by Nth Kew in the Prelim, who Sth Yarra coach Neville was playing for. And it looks as though Sth Yarra have shades of the old Nth Kew side, who were nothing special but very fit and a very well drilled team!

Had a look at the game yesterday Mt really capitized on the second quarter as Doveton went to sleep at one stage Mt lead by 6-7, but after that game was very even as the dovey boys started to win the 50-50 contests in the third but wayward kicking 8 behinds i think did prove as costly as the second quarter sleep time ! To lose by 18 points was no big deal and a good learning curve for Doveton boys and if Mt's the best side in 3 Div well lets say its a very even comp !:cool:

Had a look at the game yesterday Mt really capitized on the second quarter as Doveton went to sleep at one stage Mt lead by 6-7, but after that game was very even as the dovey boys started to win the 50-50 contests in the third but wayward kicking 8 behinds i think did prove as costly as the second quarter sleep time ! To lose by 18 points was no big deal and a good learning curve for Doveton boys and if Mt's the best side in 3 Div well lets say its a very even comp !:cool:
You forgot to mention Dovey opened up with the first 4 goals and at one stage were 4-4 before Mt scored and you also neglected to say Mt rushed 4 or 5 of those behinds in the third quarter,Just a question did Dovey go to sleep or did Mt step it up !!!!!!

You forgot to mention Dovey opened up with the first 4 goals and at one stage were 4-4 before Mt scored and you also neglected to say Mt rushed 4 or 5 of those behinds in the third quarter,Just a question did Dovey go to sleep or did Mt step it up !!!!!!

Fristad named in the best even after getting 6 kicked on him? Classic.

Magilla it sounds like you were there ?

Tell us all what happened !!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

AROUNDTHETRAPS are you from Doveton ?

I have looked on the SFL site and I see that the Mounts kicked 7.3 to Doveton 1.1 in the second Quarter.

I would think that to allow a side to kick that many goals in a Quarter it's just about good-bye.

What happened as Mounts only ended up winning by 18 points ?

SMUU what happened against Skye, your not going to tell us all that you didn't have your best side in again !! :rolleyes:
We haven't had it all year, and when did i say we hadn't i just said the side was different from round one nothing about our best side. At present we have 21 injured players on our list, but thats no excuse the 21 we have been fielding each week are quite capable, we just can't kick straight. majority of the play all day just wasted our opportunities. :(

We haven't had it all year, and when did i say we hadn't i just said the side was different from round one nothing about our best side. At present we have 21 injured players on our list, but thats no excuse the 21 we have been fielding each week are quite capable, we just can't kick straight. majority of the play all day just wasted our opportunities. :(

There you go again 21 injured players excuses / excuses

PS capable players are able to kick straight !!

I see all of your losses have been against sides above you, maybe that's the reason !:)

, we just can't kick straight. majority of the play all day just wasted our opportunities. :(

SMUU you might have overstated majority of the play all day. Should be amended to After Skye got the first couple of goals then Canterbury had the majority of play until just before half time when coach went off with hammy. Then Skye got on top and played the better in second half.
Correct when you say can't kick straight. Missed sitters all day

SMUU you might have overstated majority of the play all day. Should be amended to After Skye got the first couple of goals then Canterbury had the majority of play until just before half time when coach went off with hammy. Then Skye got on top and played the better in second half.
Correct when you say can't kick straight. Missed sitters all day
If you regard time in possession as "making the play" or "having the play" canterbury easily had that, did skye use there time in possession better than us in the second half than the answer would be yes, but as far as who had the pill more.... regardless we lost and as simple simon keeps refering to me as making excuses well we lost plain and simple and if you want me to keep going i had a shocker on rowley, so there you go simon want any other cold hard facts muppet? were one and three and out of the four thats reality.

Magilla it sounds like you were there ?

Tell us all what happened !!
Yer watched the game and took some notes for my Club,Dove opened up on fire and Mt steadied by qrt time.The second quarter Mt went up a gear and Dovey had no answers.The third term was an even affair Mt had there measure for most of the term,Dovey kicked 1 to stay in the hunt and Mt rushed through a number of points.The last term Mt kicked 3 or 4 while Dovey kicked 5, 4 of which came in junk time Rama got 3 or 4 in the term 2 of which were umpire assisted and 2 he pulled out of his rear end.All in all a good game of local footy plenty of notes to mull over.:rolleyes:

Yer watched the game and took some notes for my Club,Dove opened up on fire and Mt steadied by qrt time.The second quarter Mt went up a gear and Dovey had no answers.The third term was an even affair Mt had there measure for most of the term,Dovey kicked 1 to stay in the hunt and Mt rushed through a number of points.The last term Mt kicked 3 or 4 while Dovey kicked 5, 4 of which came in junk time Rama got 3 or 4 in the term 2 of which were umpire assisted and 2 he pulled out of his rear end.All in all a good game of local footy plenty of notes to mull over.:rolleyes:

Come on Great Big Ape! We had the majority of the play in the 3rd quarter but missed some easy shots....set shots also. Most were not rushed. Bad kicking... Bad footy.
2nd quarter showed why they were Grand Finalists last year as their desposal was clean and delivery in forwardline spot on and swooping on the lose ball in numbers was hard to stop
I wouldnt say they were trash time goals either. We did make it pretty close in the end!!!!

If you regard time in possession as "making the play" or "having the play" canterbury easily had that, did skye use there time in possession better than us in the second half than the answer would be yes, but as far as who had the pill more.... regardless we lost and as simple simon keeps refering to me as making excuses well we lost plain and simple and if you want me to keep going i had a shocker on rowley, so there you go simon want any other cold hard facts muppet? were one and three and out of the four thats reality.
Yes you had a shocker on rowley, he kicked a bag. Obviously out coached on the sidelines. Tell the coach to stop reciting the abc's and to worry a bit more about the side. Apparently quentin crispy sssssssssssssssssssslllllllllllllllllllllllllaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaammmmmmmmmmmmmmm johnston went ok. Giddy up Shane! still on you for the ton big boy, as long as noodles barr is feeding down your throat!

AROUNDTHETRAPS are you from Doveton ?

I have looked on the SFL site and I see that the Mounts kicked 7.3 to Doveton 1.1 in the second Quarter.

I would think that to allow a side to kick that many goals in a Quarter it's just about good-bye.

What happened to Mount as they only ended up winning by 18 points ?
SS if Mt was so good they should have pulled Dovey's pants down and won by 10 and yer as i said Dovey went to sleep and it cost them the game in the end......there was not 8 rushed behinds in the third either so the way I saw it Dovey won the 1st 3rd and last quarter was pretty even over all even game where the better side on the day as they say won and I'm sure Mt went away satisfied with winning but knowing its not a one horse race ! I have chosen so far to watch Doveton games as its easy with work and I think they will definatley be a finals side !:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back