Southern Football League - Division 3 talk only!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

i'm tipping its going to be corey stephens. mick allen has had his interview, still have about 3 to interview from what i hear
Good on them Coreys is such an experienced coach, can he make the hard descisions with his mates,why would Allen care, im tipping Allen to be coaching in a higher divison or another league.

Good on them Coreys is such an experienced coach, can he make the hard descisions with his mates,why would Allen care, im tipping Allen to be coaching in a higher divison or another league.

why wouldnt he??

I'm tipping the hard decisions will be made by him rather easily, if needed

anyone who knows corey, knows he doesnt pull his punches, he'll tell you straight out if needed, he has to me, and i respect him for it!!

why wouldnt he??

I'm tipping the hard decisions will be made by him rather easily, if needed

anyone who knows corey, knows he doesnt pull his punches, he'll tell you straight out if needed, he has to me, and i respect him for it!!
Maybe so but its a bit different being senior coach than assistant.He hasn't got the experience to be senior coach yet,he needs a few more seasons as an assistant under a good coach,what did he learn this year under mussa and bravington? nothing,you can make all the excuses you like madman to say his ready,but the fact is,his inexperienced and not ready,you cant deny that.

Maybe so but its a bit different being senior coach than assistant.He hasn't got the experience to be senior coach yet,he needs a few more seasons as an assistant under a good coach,what did he learn this year under mussa and bravington? nothing,you can make all the excuses you like madman to say his ready,but the fact is,his inexperienced and not ready,you cant deny that.

tadpole,we all must start some where ,and if MR COREY thinks he is ready to be senior coach who are you to say that he won"t succeed. Good luck to the guy .

tadpole,we all must start some where ,and if MR COREY thinks he is ready to be senior coach who are you to say that he won"t succeed. Good luck to the guy .
Well said giveme, you have to start some where, and sometimes being an assistant for too long can also see you pick up some bad habbits or loose your own perspective on the game.

In relation to Corey Stephens I have played a lot of footy with him many years ago, has a great footy brain and I think he will be a fantastic coach. Hard tough player will get the best out of his players leads by example. Whats your opinion Going Places?

Well the support speak for itself id say

Tad mick allens is a very good coach, i think the last year at sandown hurt a little, but he did improve them, just not as much as he wouldve liked, obviously there was some outside influences, we can say that because he did leave, so maybe he wasnt happy with culture or something

sort of leaves sandown in a little mess, but there is plenty of time between now and the start of next season

Sandown do have alot to offer a new perspective coach, they are battlers and seem to have a very good admin, just need a little more player dedication down there!!

Can we assume that Clint sheedy, Caleb Love and all other recruits are on the open market now???

Clint sheedy won the goalkicking and got 2 league best and fairest votes, what does this tell us?? Influence is very little or did he just play in a losing side??

The losing side theory doesnt exactly sit right with me though, look at our Good freind Jules Smith???

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In relation to Corey Stephens...

As I mentioned on another thread, Corey should salute the judges for the job at Skye.

Before going to skye was Captain at Parkdale the for 5 years, part of the match committee and therefore involved within the inner sanctum under T. MacGeorge so he already has had a rather large learning experience in that regard. Now had a year as Asst. I reckon he needs the opportunity to put some of his ideas in place. Plus could bring quite a few more recruits over summer.

Would be very, very interesting (read loss) if he didn't get the job though...

Whats your opinion Going Places?

Where is the great GP... haven't seen him on here for a while, maybe still getting over Saturday night... heard he had a big one.

Would be very, very interesting (read loss) if he didn't get the job though...

So what your saying is Corey gets the job or else they lose him, good bargaining power for Corey even if hes not he best candidate interesting.:rolleyes:

Well the support speak for itself id say

Tad mick allens is a very good coach, i think the last year at sandown hurt a little, but he did improve them, just not as much as he wouldve liked, obviously there was some outside influences, we can say that because he did leave, so maybe he wasnt happy with culture or something

sort of leaves sandown in a little mess, but there is plenty of time between now and the start of next season

Sandown do have alot to offer a new perspective coach, they are battlers and seem to have a very good admin, just need a little more player dedication down there!!

Can we assume that Clint sheedy, Caleb Love and all other recruits are on the open market now???

Clint sheedy won the goalkicking and got 2 league best and fairest votes, what does this tell us?? Influence is very little or did he just play in a losing side??

The losing side theory doesnt exactly sit right with me though, look at our Good freind Jules Smith???
Fair enough, i know Kreskas has left who probably is there no1 player and Sheedy,foster and co are following him wherever he goes,love going to play in the essendon league.

So what your saying is Corey gets the job or else they lose him, good bargaining power for Corey even if hes not he best candidate interesting.:rolleyes:

Only my opinion, but from what I've heard, the only reason he left Parkdale, where he was captain, was to pursue the start of his coaching career.

And if that wasn't the case, I couldn't see why a senior player would leave a club (C Grade Ammo's) and go to a Div 3 SFL just to play. Forget the comparisons in standards between the 2 leagues, that's been debated to death already, but also leaving mates behind, the bottom line is he wants to coach.

If he doesn't get the job at Skye, then I'd reckon he'd have other offers... I do know that Pines are interested in having a chat.

I'm not saying Corey isn't the best prospect, all i'm saying is he can't get the job just because he might leave and if he goes to the Pines is he just a player or Ass again no difference at all.

If the Club had pre-assumtions on the coaching job don't interview prospective coaches.

Hypothetical Mussa and Bravo got the side this year into the 4 what would happen then if they wanted to stay on.

Fair enough, i know Kreskas has left who probably is there no1 player and Sheedy,foster and co are following him wherever he goes,love going to play in the essendon league.

WOW Tad once again your insight and facts are 100% correct. You S*$! stirring tool! Get off this forum you hack. You've never posted a correct fact!!! Back up your rubbish statements!!:thumbsdown:

I'm not saying Corey isn't the best prospect, all i'm saying is he can't get the job just because he might leave and if he goes to the Pines is he just a player or Ass again no difference at all.

If the Club had pre-assumtions on the coaching job don't interview prospective coaches.

Hypothetical Mussa and Bravo got the side this year into the 4 what would happen then if they wanted to stay on.

Mussa and bravo wouldve stayed on if they wanted to, they werent pushed, they announced in round 14 that they would be retiring from coaching

there choice!!!

stick to writing poems clown

WOW Tad once again your insight and facts are 100% correct. You S*$! stirring tool! Get off this forum you hack. You've never posted a correct fact!!! Back up your rubbish statements!!:thumbsdown:
They are Facts D*ck face.Spoke to the boys presentation night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back