Southern Football League - Division 3 talk only!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Adam Neville and Simon Keating appointed coaches for South Yarra 2008. Evan Hearity coaching also on how to win the ladies. Dildo will be Evan's assistant coach.

give me a break will you doveton has gone out in more straight sets than an australian woman's tennis player in the finals in the last ten years.
win a f###en flag before you start bagging others.
south yarra re-formed last year were competive last year,have a new coach and are going somewhere.also brady admits that he is a hack never heard him talk himself up although he did win a flag last year in the ammos.
Bradys a good drinker though and does a good performing clown impersonation if you know what i mean.That Is All

On a Official Note I want to congratulate Corey Stephens on getting the Senior coaching position at Skye!!

Really looking forward to playing under him in 2008 and I believe the start of what will be a wonderful coaching career!!

Well done smash

hey madman, can you give us a bit of background on corey stephens..:thumbsu:

I can Give ya a little, maybe the Cat might be able to fill in the final details

Played for Sandringham as a youngster, 19-22 I believe under Anydy Collins, was on the Fringe of the ones I believe, not sure how many senior games he actually played....

Represented The Ammos against SA over there 1 year as a key back

Captain Parkdale for about 4 years I believe

Premiership captain

Worked closely with Tony MacGeorge and match committee at Parkdale so i do believe the selection process down at Skye this year will be a hell of alot different

True leader really, when he talks everyone listen, has a bit of mungral about him, defeanetly a case of white line fever which I personally love about him, he is the type of bloke that if you make a mistake he will let you know about it, and 10 minutes later he will be showing you exactly how to do it better next time

He will command discipline, no piss farting around under him i reckon

I reckon he will do well

anything in particualr you wanted to know???

Pretty well covered it MadMan...he will bring some great ideas to Skye in terms of game plan, professionalism, respect and leadership.

I'll be watching with keen interest.

Oh, but you did forget to mention that he coached Mordy Brae Under 11s & 12's in 98-99.

I can Give ya a little, maybe the Cat might be able to fill in the final details

Played for Sandringham as a youngster, 19-22 I believe under Anydy Collins, was on the Fringe of the ones I believe, not sure how many senior games he actually played....

Premiership captain

Worked closely with Tony MacGeorge and match committee at Parkdale so i do believe the selection process down at Skye this year will be a hell of alot different

True leader really, when he talks everyone listen, has a bit of mungral about him, defeanetly a case of white line fever which I personally love about him, he is the type of bloke that if you make a mistake he will let you know about it, and 10 minutes later he will be showing you exactly how to do it better next time

I reckon he will do well

cheers, read his name over and over on BF but didn't know who he was, is he a local?

Premiership captain

I reckon he will do well

You know he got the nickname (smasher) cause he was a bit soft, you know , like calling someone shorty thats 6'6".
Anyway congrads and best of luck, I'll be keeping an eye to see how you go, Im sure It will be good.

On a Official Note I want to congratulate Corey Stephens on getting the Senior coaching position at Skye!!

Really looking forward to playing under him in 2008 and I believe the start of what will be a wonderful coaching career!!

Well done smash
thats great news mad man. as you know he is a very respected man at skye f.c and a great bloke aswell. looking forward to 2008 already, just need my hammies to hold out the whole year and not give me grief during the finals as they did this year. lol

Alright, I am trying to track down a copy of the DIV 3 Reserves GF. The league did not film it, we have obtained a copy of parts of the game, but nobody seems to have filmed the entire game.
Does anyone out there, including Doveton people have a copy. Whilst I am sure Doveton fans would not be keen to pass a copy on to anyone from Skye, if anybody did film it,we would really like to get our hands on a copy.

Bit curious,
Have heard mumblings from Waverley Blues that some of their guys are coming down to run around with the Caths next season???
Could be good for them, also do the caths have a ground for pre-season??? if so i reckon alot of guys might come down, god knows it might sway me from the ammos.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bit curious,
Have heard mumblings from Waverley Blues that some of their guys are coming down to run around with the Caths next season???
Could be good for them, also do the caths have a ground for pre-season??? if so i reckon alot of guys might come down, god knows it might sway me from the ammos.

a few guys are coming down, but no more than previous years, i would estimate we have at least 10-15 players join our club in the last 3 years who have played at blues in juniors or seniors.... and to your question we do have a ground for pre season, unless anything drastic happens like stage 29 water restrictions..

p.s good to hear someone calling them by their true name the caths!

Well done smash
He will be a good coach for the club. Good footy brain and hard at it. Are you in any ccoaching roll down there MadMan. Any other news about coaches?
I also hear that our coach from last year Jason Salerno has contacted him or the club and has asked to run the bench for you blokes? Any truth to that and will he get the job
He must not be re applying for our job cos I hear he also appied for the Lyndale coaching job and proimised them to bring a young ruckman with him.
He was at our presentation night telling our young blokes that he is not coching next year and told them to all leave the Eagles. Great Bloke!
Funny enough they were all telling the older Blokes this. They were all shocked he would do that!

He will be a good coach for the club. Good footy brain and hard at it. Are you in any ccoaching roll down there MadMan. Any other news about coaches?
I also hear that our coach from last year Jason Salerno has contacted him or the club and has asked to run the bench for you blokes? Any truth to that and will he get the job
He must not be re applying for our job cos I hear he also appied for the Lyndale coaching job and proimised them to bring a young ruckman with him.
He was at our presentation night telling our young blokes that he is not coching next year and told them to all leave the Eagles. Great Bloke!
Funny enough they were all telling the older Blokes this. They were all shocked he would do that!

Nah no coaching roll for me, just another player next year, just looking forward to getting a kick and leaving all that off feild stuff to people who are much better suited then me

As for Jason salerno contacting us I wouldnt be the guy to talk to about that but having spoken to smasha lately I have heard nothing to the contary...............

a few guys are coming down, but no more than previous years, i would estimate we have at least 10-15 players join our club in the last 3 years who have played at blues in juniors or seniors.... and to your question we do have a ground for pre season, unless anything drastic happens like stage 29 water restrictions..

p.s good to hear someone calling them by their true name the caths!

Why is it that so many have come down?? better level of footy, or better blokes etc?? just curious??

Why is it that so many have come down?? better level of footy, or better blokes etc?? just curious??

worse level of footy, better blokes. But more to the point, different cultures and stuff, if you weren't a superstar than you weren't even known at the blues, wheres at mount its a much more fun and friendship orientated club. A lot of guys weren't going to be even given a go at blues for example Kircup and Jeffries. So they left and look at both of them now after a few years of senior football

worse level of footy, better blokes. But more to the point, different cultures and stuff, if you weren't a superstar than you weren't even known at the blues, wheres at mount its a much more fun and friendship orientated club. A lot of guys weren't going to be even given a go at blues for example Kircup and Jeffries. So they left and look at both of them now after a few years of senior football
Kirkup cant even get a kick and Jeffries is Muscat's favourite if these blokes come down i wont get a game.

HAHA Scratcha havent u heard that we joining skye next year with jason running the bench, lol beta watch it cause i guna run straight through you.

rumours matt dube from south yarra is leaving , and taking a hand full of players back to play at his old club in b&d????????????????

rumours matt dube from south yarra is leaving , and taking a hand full of players back to play at his old club in b&d????????????????
Doesn't make any sense to me. Why would you wanna travel that far to play football. :confused:

There's only 2 reason you would do that:
1. Your getting paid a $hit load of dollars (which they wouldn't have very much up there)
2. Unless your loyal to the area/club (which would only include Dube as far as I'm aware)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back