Southern Football League - Division 3 talk only!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bowden was excellent early but was noticeably loose when the game heated up and is more a forward I'd suggest. It seems he's is a real find and will be a top player at the cobras. Steve Ebacioni didn't catch me eye.

Not getting to far ahead of our self, only round 1, lets see after everyone has played each other once.

Mr Cow, i would like to make a early booking for Saturday. Could you please mark a small space for me to stand in the vistors change room, just getting in early as i found out last year bookings are essential to get in there...:D
No problem, will leave a sign in there for you mate. :thumbsu:

Just wondering how a couple of ex Berrigan boys went on the weekend, both playing for Canterbury, Frank Bowden and Steve (egg and Bacon) Ebacioni.
Thanks in advance Magic
Steve played down back and was serviceable franky got thrown around a bit and had a really explosive 15 minutes on the wing, but found it more difficult at chb and the ruck. Great blokes too

Hypothetical for M-Lion, kid3, lonewolf, mountprettyboy (if he's still around) and the rest at the Catholics: Would your twos have beaten Sandown's ones?

no one knows these things yet.. it has only been one round.. maybe the majority of the sandown 1's have hardly played together and are still trying to gel.. it's still early days.. I'll wait to judge every team after everybody plays each other once..

sandown this year will be lucky to finish the year never mind win a game!!!! have had 35 to players 40 leave the club this year the club is SINKING fast!!!:thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

Lets all hope that this is not the case. The last thing the league and Div 3 needs is for a team to drop out (I dont think they will) They did get beaten by a fair bit but apparently they played well in patches. Also they played the best side in the comp by about 10 goals so over the next couple of weeks we should get a better idea.

Cantebury will get better as the year goes on, as will Dandy. (New players will take a while to gel)
Doveton are already going well. (Great forwards !!!)
Sth Yarra are the real smokeys. (Young & Fast)
Sandown will improve. (Lots of new guys)
Cerberus will trouble some teams (Very quick. But without Csers???)
Mt (No more to be said, best side last year and have picked up a fair few)
Skye will improve.

Anyone else have any fair dinkum comments on the teams at this very early stage.

Lets all hope that this is not the case. The last thing the league and Div 3 needs is for a team to drop out (I dont think they will) They did get beaten by a fair bit but apparently they played well in patches. Also they played the best side in the comp by about 10 goals so over the next couple of weeks we should get a better idea.

Cantebury will get better as the year goes on, as will Dandy. (New players will take a while to gel)
Skye will improve.

Anyone else have any fair dinkum comments on the teams at this very early stage.

y bother carrum downs are certaintys

Tip's for this week....

Skye by a about 15 goals.
Sth Yarra the "smokeys" by 2 goals Mt might be ahead of themselves.
Canterbury by 5 plus, will be to even across the ground for Dandy.
Doveton already won against Cerberus !!:cool:

Why doesn't someone take over from Lew Short?
Ever since he has been the head of the club they have been NO GOOD.
The guy is an absolute tool.
This statement i must agree with, some times people just have to walk away for the betterment of the clubs future.Lew has had plenty of time at the helm and know doubt has done a good job to keep them afloat but the time has come to step aside and get some new blood through the place.

Skye will improve.

Canterbury - They have kept their core of great players (such as Pearce, Baker, Jenkins, Connor, Tate) which got them as far as they went last year. With some new recruits they will be hoping to strengthen their mid range players, and if they can they will improve out of sight. It will take them some time to get it all together however.
Cerberus - Really hard to rate, however we all know that they are hard to beat at home. IMO not a contender with too many away losses, but they will shape the ladder with some upsets at home.
Dandy - A lot of losses, but a lot of gains. It will take them some time to get going, but when they do they will be dangerous. Get them early if you can otherwise you might not be able to. Season depends on their first few 1/2 dozen games.
Doveton - A heap of new recruits which will help keep pressure on their fringe players to perform, and with the 2 towers up front they will be a very good team. They seem a bit short down back, but have plenty of runners to help out. If you can keep Rama and Mussa quite you'll be almost over the line, but that wont be an easy task.
Mount - Without saying too much, we have recruited some good blokes that will hopefully turn out to be some handy contributors, and we will look to go one point better than last year. However as we all know last year is a completely different year to this one.
Sandown - In a rebuilding regimen and looks like it will be enough long season. However i don't think they will go winless. They have some handy players in the midfield and up forward. When they sort out the backline they might be able to get some wins on the board.
Sth Yarra - Real smokeys like GP said. All of a sudden they are a bit quieter on here and they will be expecting a good season after picking up a heap on new players. With a year of senior footy under the belt of most of their younger players expect a lot of improvement to come from the yarra boys.
Skye - Some very handy recruits and after last years disappointment they will be keen to make amends. GP will make sure they don't get ahead of themselves this year, like they might of early last year and with the lid being kept on they will be right up their.

All the best to everyone this year.

My tips for this round:
Skye easily over Sandown,
Mount just over a very competitive Sth Yarra
and Canterbury at home over Dandy in a shot out.

Canterbury - They have kept their core of great players (such as Pearce, Baker, Jenkins, Connor, Tate) which got them as far as they went last year. With some new recruits they will be hoping to strengthen their mid range players, and if they can they will improve out of sight. It will take them some time to get it all together however.
Cerberus - Really hard to rate, however we all know that they are hard to beat at home. IMO not a contender with too many away losses, but they will shape the ladder with some upsets at home.
Dandy - A lot of losses, but a lot of gains. It will take them some time to get going, but when they do they will be dangerous. Get them early if you can otherwise you might not be able to. Season depends on their first few 1/2 dozen games.
Doveton - A heap of new recruits which will help keep pressure on their fringe players to perform, and with the 2 towers up front they will be a very good team. They seem a bit short down back, but have plenty of runners to help out. If you can keep Rama and Mussa quite you'll be almost over the line, but that wont be an easy task.
Mount - Without saying too much, we have recruited some good blokes that will hopefully turn out to be some handy contributors, and we will look to go one point better than last year. However as we all know last year is a completely different year to this one.
Sandown - In a rebuilding regimen and looks like it will be enough long season. However i don't think they will go winless. They have some handy players in the midfield and up forward. When they sort out the backline they might be able to get some wins on the board.
Sth Yarra - Real smokeys like GP said. All of a sudden they are a bit quieter on here and they will be expecting a good season after picking up a heap on new players. With a year of senior footy under the belt of most of their younger players expect a lot of improvement to come from the yarra boys.
Skye - Some very handy recruits and after last years disappointment they will be keen to make amends. GP will make sure they don't get ahead of themselves this year, like they might of early last year and with the lid being kept on they will be right up their.

All the best to everyone this year.

My tips for this round:
Skye easily over Sandown,
Mount just over a very competitive Sth Yarra
and Canterbury at home over Dandy in a shot out.

cooks, I hope we go at least 2 pts better!

Bowden was excellent early but was noticeably loose when the game heated up and is more a forward I'd suggest. It seems he's is a real find and will be a top player at the cobras. Steve Ebacioni didn't catch me eye.

Steve played down back and was serviceable franky got thrown around a bit and had a really explosive 15 minutes on the wing, but found it more difficult at chb and the ruck. Great blokes too

Thanks for that, Steve was a bit of a fav up here, had a bit of a cult following, the few games ( i think 2 ) that we got out of Frank, showed that he could do it all.
Tell Egg and Bacon that Magic said Hi
Thanks Again
Magic

(Log in to remove this ad.)

just having a look at the draw skye would have to be laughing playing the 3 bottom sides from last year 3 times this year...
its seems most people have writen dandy off they will definately be a top four side and will beat canterbury tommorrow.get down to your local sportsbet...
So if you think Skye have an easy draw and Dandy are a top 4 side it doesn't leave much room for the rest ,enlighten us with your wisdom and pick the the 4 and i guess Sth Yarra will also be there.What odds you giving my feathered birdbrain.

anyone have any scores?? had a look at the sandown v skye game, skye ended up winning by about 15 goals. was over 50 points at halftime and then skye stretched it further before sandown kicket 3-4 on the trot, had more scoring shots at 3qtr time but just wasted their chances. skye with a 4-5 goal wind kicked away in the last to win easily.

know south yarra won the 2s look like the side to beat in the 2s just got beat in the ones well done to them. Whats going on at dandy talked it up at the start now 0-2 backs to the wall stuff

So if you think Skye have an easy draw and Dandy are a top 4 side it doesn't leave much room for the rest ,enlighten us with your wisdom and pick the the 4 and i guess Sth Yarra will also be there.What odds you giving my feathered birdbrain.
sth yarra are gone and you are a fu*wit syke are the side to beat as well as the unbackable doveton/mount/canterbury.............

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back