Southern Football League (Vic) Division 3 Seniors & Reserves 2015

2015 Premiership

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I

I don't think anyone on here is defending king hits.... 95% is played in a good spirit these days ... Just 5 % are dick heads and if the dandenong coach is promoting violence it's not acceptable ... Anyway enough of that mount v black rock this sat, will mount smash them like last year or have black rock improved?

From memory I don't recall mt Waverley smashing black rock at all last year. The jets have come off four dominant games so far and will be raring to go against the mountain lions this week

From memory I don't recall mt Waverley smashing black rock at all last year. The jets have come off four dominant games so far and will be raring to go against the mountain lions this week
Mount smashed everyone mate... Fair chance it will happen again this wknd...

I have never posted in this league but like to read what's been happening around other leagues. A lot of unsavory incidents occur in div3 in most leagues so you guys are not alone. However the issue in the news in last years GF was a bit unusual and not good.
Anyway I'm here to say incidents behind play should never happen in these days and I blame not only the player but the coach and club as they know it's happening and don't act quick enough. Some clubs/coaches actually encourage it, so these people should also be held accountable. If your a coach and see something untoward from one of your players get them off the ground and get rid of them as they will be become a disease and it will affect other players and possibly junior parents who might be watching.
These acts are usually from cowards (who go after innocent players never the tough ones) as tough players go in hard and attack the footy.

I wasn't there but if someone has been whacking blokes off the ball in the end someone will fix them up and give them what's coming.. Is this good for the game definitely not, but if your club is to weak to act then usually an opposition player will sort it out.

My advice to clubs is get a good coach and and develop youth with a bit of experience/hardness and have a plan.

Well said "Turbos mail". People picking out specific once off incidents are missing my point.

All I was saying was that half the dandy team didn't care if there was a sherrin out there or not. You would hope in this day and age that when players at the SENIOR level (the previous incident discussed I think was a 3s or 2s game), do things like this, then the coaching staff would have words to players, make them go the footy, conduct themselves in the way the club wants or GTFO. A few came on after me to say Dandy were the same when they played them, so this is not a once off thing.

Seriously, a "send off" should be viewed at the club level as an act of disrepute. But they seem to applaud it. "Oh well, sent off again" is probably how they feel.

When they weren't biffing on, they were just abusing the umpires, leading to more and more frees and 50s being given away. How their coach goes about just ignoring that with no form of player punishment is beyond me. In fact, I overheard the coach himself at one point directly abusing the umpires, even the poor 12 year old boundary umpires. It's disappointing for the blokes playing there that probably are fair players and just want to play footy.

I have never posted in this league but like to read what's been happening around other leagues. A lot of unsavory incidents occur in div3 in most leagues so you guys are not alone. However the issue in the news in last years GF was a bit unusual and not good.
Anyway I'm here to say incidents behind play should never happen in these days and I blame not only the player but the coach and club as they know it's happening and don't act quick enough. Some clubs/coaches actually encourage it, so these people should also be held accountable. If your a coach and see something untoward from one of your players get them off the ground and get rid of them as they will be become a disease and it will affect other players and possibly junior parents who might be watching.
These acts are usually from cowards (who go after innocent players never the tough ones) as tough players go in hard and attack the footy.

I wasn't there but if someone has been whacking blokes off the ball in the end someone will fix them up and give them what's coming.. Is this good for the game definitely not, but if your club is to weak to act then usually an opposition player will sort it out.

My advice to clubs is get a good coach and and develop youth with a bit of experience/hardness and have a plan.

Well said "Turbos mail". People picking out specific once off incidents are missing my point.

All I was saying was that half the dandy team didn't care if there was a sherrin out there or not. You would hope in this day and age that when players at the SENIOR level (the previous incident discussed I think was a 3s or 2s game), do things like this, then the coaching staff would have words to players, make them go the footy, conduct themselves in the way the club wants or GTFO. A few came on after me to say Dandy were the same when they played them, so this is not a once off thing.

Seriously, a "send off" should be viewed at the club level as an act of disrepute. But they seem to applaud it. "Oh well, sent off again" is probably how they feel.

When they weren't biffing on, they were just abusing the umpires, leading to more and more frees and 50s being given away. How their coach goes about just ignoring that with no form of player punishment is beyond me. In fact, I overheard the coach himself at one point directly abusing the umpires, even the poor 12 year old boundary umpires. It's disappointing for the blokes playing there that probably are fair players and just want to play footy.

Cheers mate and wasn't directing my comments at you just a broad statement..

Now if a coach is abusing a young boundary umpire, or any umpire the club should get rid of him now..Once again it leads to other incidents.

Hearing this really gets my blood boiling. If that young umpire's dad was around and confronted the coach I bet he would have crapped himself.. We need umpires and its someone's child just doing a job, so they don't need to cop abuse. It's doesn't change a result just another poor act from some coach who shouldn't be coaching if the club is strong..

Yeah I get down to most home games at Black Rock depending on work. Yesterday I saw Hallam brought the game down to their level and troubled them a little bit. Also having a loose man in the backline to stop dewar helped them a bit too.

I noticed that there were players missing from the side that smashed southern dragons the week before.. Hope they are back this week. Can't make it to Mount unfortunately. Best of luck to both teams

Yeah I get down to most home games at Black Rock depending on work. Yesterday I saw Hallam brought the game down to their level and troubled them a little bit. Also having a loose man in the backline to stop dewar helped them a bit too.

I noticed that there were players missing from the side that smashed southern dragons the week before.. Hope they are back this week. Can't make it to Mount unfortunately. Best of luck to both teams
Didn't Dewar kick 7? Geez the loose man worked well??

I quite agree that "thugs" in Football are not wanted and is part of an era which does not cut the standard these days.

But the incident you are referring to is not relevant here.
The bloke with the damaged eye was reported TWICE in the SAME GAME for hitting blokes behind play.
Not "late hits" but blatant hits 100m off the ball because he was too slow and too old to make an impact normally.
It is really unfortunate of the damage to his eye socket, and the guy who did it still shows a lot of remorse of what happened when he speaks about it.
But he reacted due to another blatant hit behind play.
It would've been a matter of time before one of our blokes got carried off due to being knocked out behind play.
King hitting is nothing but pathetic & cowardly.
So don't come on here and try reference that incident in regards to recent posts.

Not disagreeing, a guy with a 'history' so, somebody decided to square the ledger, it's not a great a look but when provoked everybody does a clarko lol (eventually)
You say ok, cop the punishment (suspension) move on :)

But no.......

BUT MOUNT AS A CLUB TRIED TO & PAID $$ for an appeal

Boys will be boys & sometimes blokes do things outta character on a football field or sport In general, but for Mt Waverly to defend him plus appeal, that's disgusting & just find it hard to read mount taking pot shots at dandy when geezus every club probably has had an incident they regret.
Unfortunately as it may be :(

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not disagreeing, a guy with a 'history' so, somebody decided to square the ledger, it's not a great a look but when provoked everybody does a clarko lol (eventually)
You say ok, cop the punishment (suspension) move on :)

But no.......

BUT MOUNT AS A CLUB TRIED TO & PAID $$ for an appeal

Boys will be boys & sometimes blokes do things outta character on a football field or sport In general, but for Mt Waverly to defend him plus appeal, that's disgusting & just find it hard to read mount taking pot shots at dandy when geezus every club probably has had an incident they regret.
Unfortunately as it may
Just want to point out that if no one at Sandown kicks more then 8 goals this year then Fevola will take out your leading goalkicker award for 2015.

Come on guys, it's up to you to make it happen.

Looks like u boys smashed ashwood , any improvement on last year by them? Or have u boys improved again?

I have to say I'm rather disappointed at copping a knee/bodyweight to the back of my head/neck when I was on the ground on Saturday, which has left me with a headache even as of today, and a very sore neck.

Dandenong really need to sort that kind of rubbish out as the few knobheads are ruining it for the decent blokes on their team.

Seems to me like a lot of blokes on here talk in 3rd person rather than talk about specific incidents. If you are upset speak to the league with evidence of the incident and do something. Don't come on here potting blokes for king hits as some sort of yeah im standing up for my mates. Not all players read this so if you want to send a message do so via the appropriate channels.

Agree with the consensus around any sort of violence in any sport. Needs a combination of Umpires, Players, Coaches and officials combined effort. We arent going to get AFL standards in terms of MRP etc, but one easy and quick solution would be recording each home game down the ground.
This has 2 enormous benefits
Aids in team development to review post match and improve on what teams need to correct
+
Leave no where to hide for cowards who want to hit a player whether its a hit 100m off the ball or in a contest like lewis or a hodge.
Just my 2 cents, but surely the league can afford to provide clubs with a camera and equipment to do so.

Back onto the positive and as predicted the CPL + Ashwood game was a ring a ding ding "fight of the century" type stuff. Anyone from either side able to say how CPL tore apart the resurgent Ashwood team? Fab Fevola on one leg kicked a bag and the whole day was a success buying a win and getting some excitement back into the club. Not sure how that will help going into this weeks game against the Kangas. The dragons found a way to step up and not let South Yarra take them apart like teams have before. Well done lads. Black Rock by only 10? Hmmmm interesting. Thinking complacency might have snuck in after back to back 20g wins. Mount easily over the Redlegs in a spiteful encounter from the previous posts on here are saying. Kangas win again dispatching the Hillsman quite easily.

4 games in and BR, CPL, Moorabbin + Mount seem to be a lock for finals. Not sure what to make of the rest. Ashwood, Sandown, EH, South Yarra + Lyndale. All on their day can play well but seem a class below.

Mount vs Black Rock has all the makings to be a classic. Not sure what Dave G was up to on the weekend. But there was no demolition. Gough was always the difference as BR weren't able to stop the man mountain. Now he has been removed, the result will see how much they really miss him.

Wilkin to start on Dewar? or play his damaging role as defensive midfielder controlling from the back half and counter punching with his running and ability to use the footy. Black Rock seem to have a few weapons up forward so smart ball use could see them expose Mount and work around him. Midfield will be the key to this match. Both damaging on their day, so whoever can get on top early could set their team up for a large score. Haven't seen Mount play so not sure how they will lineup centre forward. Used to be Gough as the big target one out, now it seems a more even spread from Mids/Small Fwds

Round 5 Tips
Ashwood over EH
Kangas over Cobras
CPL over SY
Hallam over Lyndale
Dandenong over Dragons
A draw between Mount + BR

In a side note. See our old mate Nos has yet to bring up a win so far this year starting 0-4. Will he be back in Div 3, Sooner rather than later?

While Dandenong is the topic of the hour...

Kaine Bundy

Dovetons 2013 Senior Premiership Full Back and then Dandenongs Senior Full Back last year. Prior to this year he has only played 2 reserves games in the last 4 years.

He is currently leading the goal kicking for Dandenong 2nds having played the first 4 games this year in the 2s.

What is the go there?

Wouldn't say we were complacent Young Gunz, to Hallam's credit they came out to play and dug deep. Had no bench mid way through the 3rd qtr and the boys did great to finish off the game as well as they did. Looking forward to a cracking game against Mount this week.

Wouldn't say we were complacent Young Gunz, to Hallam's credit they came out to play and dug deep. Had no bench mid way through the 3rd qtr and the boys did great to finish off the game as well as they did. Looking forward to a cracking game against Mount this week.

Put the cue in the rack early or just a few blokes sore resting them for this weeks game? Must speak volumes of your fitness if no bench and still ran away with it in the last? Pleased with your form so far this year?

Put the cue in the rack early or just a few blokes sore resting them for this weeks game? Must speak volumes of your fitness if no bench and still ran away with it in the last? Pleased with your form so far this year?

Had 2 blokes having to leave the game early due to work commitments and 2 blokes injured. Not sure how they pulled up or if they will be available this week. With that being said we still have 6 blokes to come in this week and another 3 or 4 on top of that due to return through out the year. Team selection has not been easy thus far. Couldn't be happier with the form were in. No disrespect to the 4 teams we have played but this week will give us an indication on where we measure up and is our first test of the year.

While Dandenong is the topic of the hour...

Kaine Bundy

Dovetons 2013 Senior Premiership Full Back and then Dandenongs Senior Full Back last year. Prior to this year he has only played 2 reserves games in the last 4 years.

He is currently leading the goal kicking for Dandenong 2nds having played the first 4 games this year in the 2s.

What is the go there?
His brother is the coach?

His brother was the reserves coach last year too and he played seniors. Why play a seasoned senior premiership winning player in the 2nds when your 1sts are sitting bottom of the ladder?

Round 1 he was on standby as his wife is pregnant and it was close to the due date.
We had a guy play the first 2 in the ressies just in case he got the call to go to hospital.

Remove this Banner Ad

Southern Football League (Vic) Division 3 Seniors & Reserves 2015

Back