Southern Football League (Vic) Division 3 Seniors & Reserves 2015

2015 Premiership

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Lol
Anyone else want to still hate on us (Ashwood) anymore?

This is our year. We are coming. We will keep on proving it.

Div3champ2015 you are a flog mate.
we were meant to lose at some stage. Bodies are sore from keeping the undefeated streak.

We had at least 5 players missing but no excuse ashwood won and were the better team on the day.

I really hope they sit down with all umpires in division 3 and go through the rules with them. Standards are below low but at the end we need umpires just hope they improve and be more consistent ( I'm
Not using this as an excuse that we lost in ashwood, this is in general)

Thechampishere1 can you confirm that ashwood contacted the league and demanded to call the season off and hand of the premiership ?

Morrabin losing to Lyndale, I was expecting at least 30 point win by morrabin.

Can anyone at lyndale confirm if that was their best side on the field against morrabin?

Can anyone at lyndale confirm if that was their best side on the field against morrabin?
We had a four out but so did moorabin was a good tough contest all game.

I totally agree about the umpiring its getting worse every week

We had a four out but so did moorabin was a good tough contest all game.

I totally agree about the umpiring its getting worse every week
Stop blaming umpires guys ... Without them we would be relying on volunteers from the clubs which would be diabolical ... Black rock lost to a better side today as did moorabin.

U would have to be josh Stanton , at the end of the day rossobourgh is your coach the wheels will fall off

Mate stop hating on our coach. He is a good bloke. Last time i checked we were 7-2 and 1 game from the top. We gave black rock their first loss. So maybe keep your negative comments in your pocket as we not doing just alright. We doing AWESOME!

Hi all.

John Burke here, Coach from Black Rock FC. I needed my 14YO son to teach me about this blogging caper so here i go.

Firstly, fantastic effort from Mick and his boys today and no excuses with the best team winning on the day.

As with all Micks teams the Game was played in great spirit complimented by heaps of boys staying around for a beer and awards. That is what footy is about.

In fact all clubs this year have been very good.

I can't believe it but i have to come on here to announce that a moron poster Div3champ15 is NOT from BRFC.

We have built a culture of respect for all officials and opposition clubs over the last 2 or so years and we will continue to do so.

This poster is NOT affiliated with our club so please disregard all posts and crap he puts up as it is not representative of the hard work so many good people at BRFC have delivered in rebuilding this 105 yo club from the embarrassing position it was over 2 years ago.

i wish all Div 3 clubs and officials the best for remainder of the season especially our friends at Southern Dragons who are doing it tough at the moment.

Thanks

BURKEY

Last edited:
Hi all.

John Burke here, Coach from Black Rock FC. I needed my 14YO son to teach me about this blogging caper so here i go.

Firstly, fantastic effort from Mick and his boys today and no excuses with the best team winning on the day.

As with all Micks teams the Game was played in great spirit complimented by heaps of boys staying around for a beer and awards. That is what footy is about.

In fact all clubs this year have been very good.

I can't believe it but i have to come on here to announce that a moron poster Div3champ15 is NOT from BRFC.

We have built a culture of respect for all officials and opposition clubs over the last 2 or so years and we will continue to do so.

This poster is NOT affiliated with our club - he is a TROLL - so please disregard all posts and crap he puts up as it is not representative of the hard work so many good people at BRFC have delivered in rebuilding this 105 yo club from the embarrassing position it was over 2 years ago.

i wish all Div 3 clubs and officials the best for remainder of the season especially our friends at Southern Dragons who are doing it tough at the moment.

Thanks

BURKEY

Thanks for taking your time to comment on here Burkey. You are a great bloke and good luck to BRFC for the rest of the year. Had an awesome time today

And i agree its sad to see the dragons really struggle to field a team

Moorabbin missing Johansson and Dimachki who are two of the better forwards in the comp, but Lyndale definitely outplayed Moorabbin in the second half and deserved the win.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I totally agree and I know who you are talking about. Absolute freak playing chb and rebounding from half back, Not only that kicking goals and playing ruck. I feel sorry for him and a few other southern dragon players.

Weren't they in division 2 couple years ago and were competing and doing not too bad, and look at them now can't get a win

I think I've seen him be tackled about three times in all the games we've played against them.

Perhaps league HQ can devise another way to give them $20,000 although you can surely only win an anti drink driving campaign at a club with no liquor license once!!

Then again, maybe the league could comp them their affiliation fees again, like they did first time around...that way they could regain strength and try their luck in the peninsula this time:straining:
Just for the record Browny the League had nothing to do with the $20,000 as this was explained at an AGM some years ago. The league said they provide for any new clubs in the first year a discounted affiliation but not free. I for one reckon that the Dragons deserve what they get as they were accommodated by the SFL only to shun them when the lilly whites got in their ear promising a rosy future at VAFA land. that was a terrible union and the Dragons came back with the tail between the legs and if they fold they can blame the Ammos.

Any new club? lol Well, poor little e/hills I guess missed that boat :( but that's ok we've built our own & with no prior affiliations or alumni

Dragons on the w/end, they still had a few handy players (25 went coast to Coast couple times smooth mover that kid) & the game was played in great spirit. Well done dragons :)

Dragons as a club, I blame the SFL for their situation.The league needs to be held or start being accountable when 'start up' clubs birth. You can't just give a club 'discounted affiliation fees' & not consider their business plan or module looking forward. Did they have a strategic plan or a 5 year plan? Were the right people in place? Was the right structure in place? Was there even room for a team in south clayton/Springvale ????
My point is, does the league follow up these things or just wait to count the $$$ come in? It's time clubs in the SFL start holding the league more accountable for issues, because what happens to one effects all of us as a brand....

The sustainability of the dragons needed to be questioned from the get go, personally I think it's flawed having a club that's not pinned to the one location, & no junior link? Can I ask the reason the club started? It's a valid question, hope it has a terrific answer/story behind it :)

Lets hope they get back their mojo & quickly!! I know the falcs would be more than happy to help out in anyway (if possible)

I blame the SFL for their situation.

100% incorrect.

The league bent over backwards for the Dragons when they first started up as a stand alone club, only for the club to turn their back on SFL when the VAFA whispered sweet nothings in their ear. Now that they have realised that the grass is not always greener on the other side, they have come crawling back, and I for one don't blame the SFL for not wanting to go the extra yard for this club.

Don't get me wrong, the SFL also benefitted from the multicultural aspect of the Dragons and the positive exposure it brought upon the league, but like a spurned lover, it's hard to go back to the way things were.

All true dannerz,
I didn't want to touch on the elephant in the room. But I think what does hinder them on the flip side of being a positive is the strong focus on a certain cultural aspect. You can build basketball teams on that 'module' (only takes 8 blokes) but a football club that requires 60 odd players every week every year for two competitive teams annually, not just one off publicity stunts.....

TAKE SOME RESPONSIBILITY SFL & HELP THESE BLOKES

Dannerz, absolutely correct. The Dragons had a strat plan and a vision but that was spat out by the VAFA and now the Dragons have to start again. Watch this space and you will see the SFL again lend support but it will not be financial ..

Beautiful ground the dragons ground . Little butchered in the middle but everywhere else like carpet.

All true dannerz,
I didn't want to touch on the elephant in the room. But I think what does hinder them on the flip side of being a positive is the strong focus on a certain cultural aspect. You can build basketball teams on that 'module' (only takes 8 blokes) but a football club that requires 60 odd players every week every year for two competitive teams annually, not just one off publicity stunts.....

TAKE SOME RESPONSIBILITY SFL & HELP THESE BLOKES
Cobra, the Dragons need to take a look at how AJAX get the job done but what the Dragons have in their favour is that you can be any nationality/ culture/race/religion to play with the Dragons whereas the Jakkers have a slightly different model that to their enormous credit works just fine. Mind you Ajax do have a significant Junior program.. Should not be an elephant in the room scenario champ.

Remove this Banner Ad

Southern Football League (Vic) Division 3 Seniors & Reserves 2015

Back