Roast Spud DMAC: 200 games of potatoes coming your way

Remove this Banner Ad

I’m over posting about DMac, I’ve accepted that he had a gold pass

We have a natural HB in Wilson playing great footy in the sanfl however we preserve with a player who consistently over the past 5 seasons hasn’t made our top 20 in BF and now we play him completely out of position
Why did we recruit Wilson? If we are not prepared to play him in a season when we have record injuries then what was the point? We desperately need to be more adventurous at sekection . Hampton should also be in

He’s had a few very good games in recent times but the last two weeks have been very poor. Funny thing is though, he wasn’t on his own, but always gets singled out.
He has played 194 AFL games and let's the team down nearly every week.

He's played a couple good games...a 'few very good games in recent times' is extreme hyperbole, especially for a 194 game player.

Who else in our team can Do link up plays no one , when McKay goes for a run n bounce we need to have Guys who can run next to him to provide a chain and link up play but crouch , Ellis Yolmen and greenwood are not that type and that’s our problem we have too much of the same in the middle . At least he takes the game on and when you do that it’s always harder to spot up a perfect stab pass than someone who moves at the pace of m crouch . That’s what people don’t get so get of his back . He doesn’t have the right guys around him . He needs to go on the wing , Milera back and atkins more in the middle like last year .

He doesn’t run and carry.

He doesn’t link up.

He doesn’t bounce.

He’s shit on the wing.

He’s had a few very good games in recent times but the last two weeks have been very poor. Funny thing is though, he wasn’t on his own, but always gets singled out.
This year has panned out the same way as the last 5, starts season well with a couple of real quality games, by about round 6, his form wanes, we afford him some slack and then by about the middle of the year he is dropped. The only thing saving him this year is our injury list.

Last edited:
He doesn’t run and carry.

He doesn’t link up.

He doesn’t bounce.

He’s shit on the wing.

That would be fine if he was just shit.

The problem with 400kay is his clanger count and turnovers as well.

I used to worry about who we could possible use to replace Mackay if he wasn’t there.
But after watching Atkins complete lack of ability to complete a tackle or go in when it’s his turn....I’m feeling much more confident that the status quo can be maintained for years to come.

Agreed he shouldn't be singled out, but what has he done to warrant a golden pass week after week? He's 30 this year and won't even be in our future planning so why keep him in the squad leaving Gallucci out and placing Milera at HFF.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You are going to be waiting a long time. He actively avoids any and all contact.
I never thought I’d see an AFL player too scared to tackle an opponent....and they say the game hasn’t gone backwards in the last 10-20 years.
Could you imagine Dmack or Atkins getting a game in the 80’s or 90’s .... What a joke.

We drafted Sloan well down the draft....at the time I loved the choice because I saw him as a old fashioned tough footballer.
Until the Crows draft and play a team of hard nosed, natural footballers with attitude and guts....we will NEVER win another flag.
This “team balance” ...”inside- outside” bullshit needs to stop.
If you can’t win your own ball and do something with it.... your a loser and a liability to the team....PERIOD !!!!

Who else in our team can Do link up plays no one , when McKay goes for a run n bounce we need to have Guys who can run next to him to provide a chain and link up play but crouch , Ellis Yolmen and greenwood are not that type and that’s our problem we have too much of the same in the middle . At least he takes the game on and when you do that it’s always harder to spot up a perfect stab pass than someone who moves at the pace of m crouch . That’s what people don’t get so get of his back . He doesn’t have the right guys around him . He needs to go on the wing , Milera back and atkins more in the middle like last year .
You're right. If we had more outside mids he could handball to them instead of kicking to the opposition. Better still, he could play SANFL

Remove this Banner Ad

Roast Spud DMAC: 200 games of potatoes coming your way

Remove this Banner Ad

Back