SSP Final Spot

Which player would you prefer to fill the final rookie spot?

• Quinton Narkle

Votes: 38 26.0%
  • Kaelan Bradtke

Votes: 53 36.3%
  • Other player (specify)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Save spot for MSD

Votes: 16 11.0%
  • Sydney Stack

Votes: 25 17.1%
  • Luke Teal

Votes: 14 9.6%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

If bradke turned out to be any good , it’d fair dinkum be the pick of the century , a kpp from non traditional route , not even a second tier comp , more like 5th tier , dearly love a fairy tale and that’s what it’d be . Teal was en route to being a top pic, appendicitis, busted collar bone and the dopey recruiters binned him , he’s a stand out for mine and would love him in y&b
Very much a Ben Brown like scenario

I would probably say Luke Teal simply because he is younger as well as the profile allowing for more scope for upside.

He is a little different and gives us another developing option helping our other youngsters to develop.

I cannot see Narkle making it with us, we have too much talent for that role/type already.

Bradtke is a interesting one. Depends on how he trains and offers up in preseason. Could he play defence or just attack? Interesting profile. Really depends on how he goes at punt road

Last edited:
Have to choose bradke. We are farked if we have no one to replace jack when he retires. Why didn’t we draft a tall forward the last 3 years? We have 27 tall defenders instead lol
Narkle & Teal are the ones who may be ready to play. Bradke is, I image, behind Ryan, Bauer, Young & Miller as KPF options. Bradke may well be able to leapfrog those two. Don't rate Miller? I do.
I think Balta & Gibcus did show some traits of being a KPF. And, as you say we are over stocked in defence
See how Jack and Miller go in 23 and if our depth ain't up to it. Free agency

Last edited:
Have to choose bradke. We are farked if we have no one to replace jack when he retires. Why didn’t we draft a tall forward the last 3 years? We have 27 tall defenders instead lol
They are pinning their hopes on Ryan who is a man mountain. I think he needs to be given some more senior time to get used to the pace of the game. Whether he succeeds is anyone's guess but that is the same for any young tall forward.

Narkle & Teal are the ones who may be ready to play. Bradke is, I image, behind Ryan, Bauer, Young & Miller as KPF options. Bradke may well be able to leapfrog those two. Don't rate Miller? I do.
I think Balta & Gibcus did show some traits of being a KPF. And, as you say we are over stocked.
See how Jack and Miller go in 23 and if our depth ain't up to it. Free agency

Miller plays ruck, forward and defence well. Is he long term forward though. Young, Balta seem like defenders. Ryan won’t give us mobility. Gibcus maybe. We may find they all struggle as a forward. When do we choose the last player for the list?

No point picking Bradtke just because he's a KPF. Would be a massive coup if he was to make it in the AFL given where he's been playing.

More to footy than just being quick and agile.

I have no idea, Bradtke probably is not good enough and a little older and less likely but one never knows and the club has a chance to look at him, test and assess him in a few different areas

They are pinning their hopes on Ryan who is a man mountain. I think he needs to be given some more senior time to get used to the pace of the game. Whether he succeeds is anyone's guess but that is the same for any young tall forward.
When I last saw him late in the year walking to the G, yes he’s tall, but he ain’t no man Mountain. Needs to build up the body a fair bit still from what I observed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bradtke would have to have impressed significantly if they picked him over Narkle and Teal. A long term project coming from a long way back. He’s a Hail Mary at best.

Narkle will shine this off season with Rioli and Shai around him. But he is at the back of the line in a position we have loaded up on. I don’t think he has the endurance to play that high half forward role. Perhaps they look to get him in as a defensive forward? He hasn’t played that position before. Surely with Graham staying and Ross signed for a couple of years we are good for midfielders. If we pick Narkle for the now, he has to be able to play another position than mid.

Teal I know we were keen on but just didn’t have enough exposed form. Looks a good player but didn’t progress as expected due to injury. Having a close look at him over the pre season is our best bet. If his body holds up, he has the right attitude and shows he has the tools to play, I think we will pick him. A lot of ifs though.

Teal or Narkle for mine.

All 3 players Badtke , Narkle & Teal also have negatives

Bradtke - untried at higher levels and is a mature player will be 22 years old in May but has a ready body to play
but is he upto the AFL level defenders and does he have enough tricks to make it. Bailey Fritsch & Ben Brown did so who knows

Narkle - Behind the Cats midfield in Danger , Selwood & Co and 24 years old but has running and defence issue but when he is on can play andadded bonus of perhaps extending Shai with him around

Teal - Injuries have been an issue for this kid for a little while
Shoulders (2 i believe in his career ) and Hamstring problems for a young kid

If Bradtke can show he has what it takes against Tarrant , Balta , Grimes , Broad in training and match simulation
Jack Riewoldt & Tom Lynch have a good eye for foward work and truck as a defence coach. They will know if he has what it takes and worth giving a shot
If not perhaps in our VFL team

I just can't see Narkle being given the spot. He can't play anywhere else but midfield and who is he an upgrade on out of Ross, Graham, Cotchin, Taranto, Hopper, Bolton, Dow and Sonsie? Probably Dow and that's it. Teal sounds like he could be a long term replacement for Kmac or Pickett or Vlastuin and Bradtke plays the position we're most desperate for. Both of those guys make more sense than Narkle, if they're up to it.

If we were going to get him in it should've been 2 years ago but right now we'd be better off keeping a spot open for the MSD and seeing who impresses over the next few months.

Remove this Banner Ad

SSP Final Spot

Back