SSP Final Spot

Which player would you prefer to fill the final rookie spot?

• Quinton Narkle

Votes: 38 26.0%
  • Kaelan Bradtke

Votes: 53 36.3%
  • Other player (specify)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Save spot for MSD

Votes: 16 11.0%
  • Sydney Stack

Votes: 25 17.1%
  • Luke Teal

Votes: 14 9.6%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Bradtke coming a long way back. Played 2 VFL games last season for Sydney and looked a long way off when averaging 8 disposals and a goal.
Narkle has good skills and has a good contested game but his poor endurance is a glaring weakness.
Teal a good young talent who is coming off a injury riddled draft year, Plays a position we are well stocked in.

No real great options, so if there any too many question marks over the 3 contenders we should keep the spot for the MSD.

You’ve convinced me. I like the mid year option.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How did Groupie_ manage to edit the poll to include Stack?

Also, Narkle for mine. Think he can add something short to mid term as he has talent. The other options probably don't make it long term, so what's the point?

You are right in that a lot depends on the development of sonsie. Ross. Graham. Etc.

I liked the look of MRioliJ in the middle - vfl games . Hopefully he ends up a mid option too.

I would guess the long term idea is:

Campbell - forward.
Smith - back.
Green - mid

Sonsie - mid/forward
Clarke - forward
Banks - wing/mid/hbf
Brown - back
Gibcus - swing man.

Teal draft summary sounds promising, would be a good addition imho
Agree on teal , you’d be going well to improve on him mid season but alot can happen until then

There have been a few but you are right it is not common.

Ones that spring to mind:

Mumford, Laidler, Varcoe, McCarthy, Christensen, Caddy, Colbert, Denham, Greg Williams, Adrian Fletcher, Ryan Gardiner, Bluey Hampshire, Adrian Hickmott, Graham Landy, Andy Preston, Brent Moloney, Steven Motlop, Paul Sarah, Robert Scott, Bernard Toohey, Doug Wade, and of course who could possibly forget Warwick Yates’ stellar career at Geelong West after departing Geelong all those years ago. 😁
We picked up Gareth Andrews 74. Must've traded for Rex Hunt

I liked the look of MRioliJ in the middle - vfl games . Hopefully he ends up a mid option too.
I mentioned this a while back.

He looked really good a few times in the AFL but he needs to be creative in traffic and then get the ball moving because his sprint is pretty short. Got caught a few times holding on to the ball too long.

Bradtke coming a long way back. Played 2 VFL games last season for Sydney and looked a long way off when averaging 8 disposals and a goal.
Narkle has good skills and has a good contested game but his poor endurance is a glaring weakness.
Teal a good young talent who is coming off a injury riddled draft year, Plays a position we are well stocked in.

No real great options, so if there any too many question marks over the 3 contenders we should keep the spot for the MSD.

Good summary - out list is good enough to wait until mid-year when it may be more obvious whether available players fit a need or have developed so much in 6 months that they are deserving.

How many of those were de-listed? At a quick glance, I would say sweet * all.

I'm not often definitive about a player, but I reiterate that Narkle is a dud and we should avoid.

Despite MR's stellar counter, I'm still of the view Narkle has peaked. WYSIWYG. I did have higher hopes for him, but unless he has epiphany of sorts - wide berth.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’m surprised at your assessment of Bradtke. Key forwards are so dependent on the midfield connection so I don’t think last year’s stats really mean much. Obviously Richmond like his skill set and think he could work with our midfield. As for Teal the obvious question is why didn’t we pick him with one of our late picks We do seem to be happy to pick players who were unlucky with injury’s. Jack Graham is the perfect example

I think the position for Teal is not set.

He is developing and really potentially there could be a few different roles for him in our team.

I think he is worth a punt. He may not make it but then again he could rise to the occasion. If he develops he makes our list more versatile and helps our list play in different combinations because he is a little different other players can combine with in different ways improving our play. It is not like he is another small forward

Remove this Banner Ad

SSP Final Spot

Back