Prediction St.Kilda Best 22

Remove this Banner Ad

Stocker could easily transform to a different player - we all know Lyon wanted Steele to drop weight when he comeback as coach , a would bet at his exist meeting they would of said he needed to increase his tank and dropping the weight would help that.
He is well settled at the club now and could easy take a big step up and knowing the people around him have his full support.
A part from him we have so much untapped talent it hard to know who is going to explode onto the scene.
I'm a massive fan of Keller and he hasn't even played a game yet , he just seems so laid back , but for a big guy his skill level is up there and the guy can take a big grab.
But with so many young guys in the squad now it will be exciting to see what heights this team can reach.
I think you are rushing with Keeler, he's 20 y.o. Let's hope.
I don't get the Stocker love, maybe he has tattoo fans?

I think you are rushing with Keeler, he's 20 y.o. Let's hope.
I don't get the Stocker love, maybe he has tattoo fans?
Stocker is a great tackler , he hits them hard and don't break his tackles easy - however he hasn't the speed required to really guard the smaller forwards , to me his best option is as a inside mid - but he will need to really show his best this year or he could well be gone with so many kids in the squad.
The same goes with Dow , Jones / I really feel they will need to show something in the preseason or they will be playing the year at Sandringham.

Disagree. Although they are similar physically, Hofmann is a lot more defensive. Hastie is more like Sinclair/Nas - the offensive weapon off half back

McLennan idk what he is tbh, it would've been nice if he was a couple cms taller so he could play 3rd tall

LOC hopefully is a long-term winger to replace Wood. Good overhead and good tank
Hastie was the best intercept defender in his draft year.

Stocker is a great tackler , he hits them hard and don't break his tackles easy - however he hasn't the speed required to really guard the smaller forwards , to me his best option is as a inside mid - but he will need to really show his best this year or he could well be gone with so many kids in the squad.
The same goes with Dow , Jones / I really feel they will need to show something in the presebgreedason or they will be playing the year at Sandringham.
Agreed, but Jones when fit, is our difference player in our midfield, burst speed, run down tackler, showed it all in the Carlton game, body has failed him.

Agreed, but Jones when fit, is our difference player in our midfield, burst speed, run down tackler, showed it all in the Carlton game, body has failed him.
Injury has ruined his career and never been able to show consistency
2024 - 13 games / 5 as sub
2023 - 4 games
2022 - 13 games
2021 - 13 games

He is tough and gives his all and the reason he was given another year , but turning 30 next yr with his past history I doubt we will see more than a handful of games from him.
However he most probably got given another yr due to his work ethic and he is only one of the few experienced older mids we have.
With Steele , Macrae , Windhager , Phillipou , Henry , Wilson , Owens , Pick 7 , pick 8 , Dow , Jones , Clark , Garcia , Stocker

Injury has ruined his career and never been able to show consistency
2024 - 13 games / 5 as sub
2023 - 4 games
2022 - 13 games
2021 - 13 games

He is tough and gives his all and the reason he was given another year , but turning 30 next yr with his past history I doubt we will see more than a handful of games from him.
However he most probably got given another yr due to his work ethic and he is only one of the few experienced older mids we have.
With Steele , Macrae , Windhager , Phillipou , Henry , Wilson , Owens , Pick 7 , pick 8 , Dow , Jones , Clark , Garcia , Stockera
Alot of fans were saying that Jones was cooked last year, in truth, through many soft tissue injuries, he'd lost his confidence. Last part of the year he was one of our most important players. He's 30 y.o, if he's body holds up, could play another 3 seasons, like Macrae?

When Lyon rejoined us & stated that we were a speedy team. Jones & Dmac were a big part of that, but soft tissue injuries cruelled them. Jones is such an important player for us when fit. Glad we still got him.

Alot of fans were saying that Jones was cooked last year, in truth, through many soft tissue injuries, he'd lost his confidence. Last part of the year he was one of our most important players. He's 30 y.o, if he's body holds up, could play another 3 seasons, like Macrae?
We can dream but Zac was on borderline of being let go.

Macrae has a history of being sound and in 11 seasons of AFL has never played less than 19 games a year and the difference of age between Jones and Macrae is 7 mths and soft tissue injuries don't improve when you get older --- however the medical staff must have some faith in him because they gave him and year contract.

My opinion on macrae is we got a very good player who is far from finished.

This yr is the first time in 11 seasons he has not average 25 or more disposals a game and if you compare him to our best mid in Jack Steele , Jack has played for StKilda now for 8yrs and only had a average of 25 or over twice - but what so impressive about Macrae is he has averaged over 30 in 4 seasons which is a tough feat to do it once.

Macrae has come to the Saints and he will be filthy falling out of favor at the Dogs and will have a point to prove and being a 3 time All Australian I would not ruling he makes that 4.
There would be some real bad vibes at that club with so many good players moving and Macrae leaving on playing 249 games with the Dogs is strange.
Macrae going from one of the best mids in the AFL to being played on a flank , he upset someone.

A fit and healthy Jones will only make our team stronger so I hope he kills it but with the competition for spots is going to be tough to get a gig and he will have to be at the top of his game from day 1.

Remove this Banner Ad

Prediction St.Kilda Best 22

Remove this Banner Ad

Back