St Kilda Crowd today- ABSOLUTE DISGRACE!

Remove this Banner Ad

The Fireman said:
The animal enclosure was tame compared to Vic Park.
It was a small enclosure situated between the player races which was full of Saint fans, they made a lot of noise but that was about it. I didn't stand there as it was more fun standing amongst opposition supporters.
Most opposition supporters hated Moorabbin with a passion. In fact many refused to go there at all. Personally I always loved home games but never minded going to away matches. I’d love to have the old suburban battles but it isn’t practical any more. It has always been better in amongst the opposition supporters. The area at Vic Park with had most of the more vocal element was the members/social club area. I never really sat/stood there apart from a few occasions when I went with particular people. I watched virtually every home game from the wing/half forward flank on the Johnson St. side of the ground and rarely did I ever see any trouble. No more so there than at other grounds. The reality is people who support any team used to get maggotted drinking for 4 or 5 hours and some used to get stupid.

Unfortunately I have to sit in the Collingwood area now because that is where the seats I have booked have to be located. With a wife and young kids I can’t just take pot luck and there are no reserves to get there early to watch. With a reduced MCG capacity in recent year and the push to have more reserved seating it was get the seats or end up at the back of the top deck of the Southern stand and I hate watching footy from that high up.

There isn’t much banter in amongst one group of supporters.

MarkT said:
Explain to me the origin and meaning of the Animal Enclosure JD.
You like to create arguments where there isn't one.

I've never defended the behaviour of our supporters let alone some of the stuff that went on at Moorabbin.

Wouldn't surprise me if they did throw p*** at others (even as you suggested without the cups) - but what's that got to do with anything?

I was pointing out some of the behaviour I've experienced from Collingwood fans simply because some can't handle a bit of booing. You choose not to believe it because it's Collingwood . . . but have no problem believing it could happen elsewhere. About as unbiased as most of your opinions.

johnson_26 said:
Well done to the saints today, you thoroughly deserved your win against us- you simply outclassed and outplayed us all over the field today.

but one thing that really made me want to get a nuclear bomb from nth korea and launch at your members was your treatment of nathan buckley.

From the very first bounce, every time the champ got the footy you booed him. What a disgrace.

Do you guys know how to treat and respect champions? You ought to be ashamed as you have no class or sportsmanship what so ever.

Collingwood fans didnt boo robby harvey when he got a touch- because we have respect for the greats of our game.

Unlike som eof you st kilda ***,, you really ought to be ashamed.

So what. Hird gets booed every time we play you scum.

Do you think any player gives a **** let alone notices? ****en hell. Go to bed.

JeffDunne said:
I was pointing out some of the behaviour I've experienced from Collingwood fans simply because some can't handle a bit of booing. You choose not to believe it because it's Collingwood . . . but have no problem believing it could happen elsewhere. About as unbiased as most of your opinions.
No I don’t think it happens elsewhere either. Re read what I wrote.

There was one reported incident at AAMI a few years ago. No idea if it happened or not but some Collingwood officials made a claim that it did. Your version of events at Vic Park seems improbable to me for a few reasons. I don’t believe you. If it happened then it’s disgraceful behaviour and I wouldn’t defend it in a million years.

johnson_26 said:
Well done to the saints today, you thoroughly deserved your win against us- you simply outclassed and outplayed us all over the field today.

but one thing that really made me want to get a nuclear bomb from nth korea and launch at your members was your treatment of nathan buckley.

From the very first bounce, every time the champ got the footy you booed him. What a disgrace.

Do you guys know how to treat and respect champions? You ought to be ashamed as you have no class or sportsmanship what so ever.

Collingwood fans didnt boo robby harvey when he got a touch- because we have respect for the greats of our game.

Mate, you obviously weren't watching the game.

I was there and as an impartial supporter, Buckley jumper punched Maguire, who shoved Buckley back. Buckley then did an Oscar winning performance, ensuring the umpire saw 'something' and got a free 50m behind the play. That free resulted in a goal.

That's why he got booed for the rest of the game.

Buckley lost me yesterday. He is a sook.

johnson_26 said:

Grow a thinker skin mate......What goes around comes around........

Remove this Banner Ad

St Kilda Crowd today- ABSOLUTE DISGRACE!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back