• Gringo

Votes: 27 12.1%
  • Other

Votes: 12 5.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Thanks People,
With regard to Ross Lyon - Beware -
If he was a capable coach to rebuild a team he’s a Fail. Where into our second phase because Lyon couldn’t deliver on the initial rebuild / development. Good coach for a establish list who want a defensive mindset but poor on youth developing attacking list. Just remember these names Bennell, Hogan, McCarthy cost us years. Just saying

Sent from my iPad using BigFooty.com

Thanks People,
If he was a capable coach to rebuild a team he’s a Fail. Where into our second phase because Lyon couldn’t deliver on the initial rebuild / development. Good coach for a establish list who want a defensive mindset but poor on youth developing attacking list. Just remember these names Bennell, Hogan, McCarthy cost us years. Just saying

Oh please
Those 3 had more problems then who was coaching them

Last edited:

Thanks People,

Seriously when weren't those 3 injured at Freo. Cya champ

Sent from my SM-S908E using Tapatalk

Seriously when weren't those 3 injured at Freo. Cya champ

Sent from my SM-S908E using Tapatalk
never mind that lyon pickup injured players and played no name role players for grand finals. people just have rose coloured glasses.

braxton family values GIF by WE tv

Gringo still a chance! Good luck mate. You're as good a chance as anyone has been to bring it home.

I loved Ross. Took out club to it's first grandy but that rebuild wasn't his strong point.
Wouldn't mind him now 😅

Ross deserves premiership success, he cops soo much crap from the media for simply sticking up for his team..
I'd like to think most freo fans will applaud him rather than boo him on his first trip to Optus..

Goodluck guys..

Get rid of Bassat, Gallagher & Lethlean
Head Coach-Mark choco Williams
Head of football-Kenny Sheldon
List manager-Jason Cripps
Forward coach-Fraser Gehrig
Ruck coach-Lazar Vidovic

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Get rid of Bassat, Gallagher & Lethlean
Head Coach-Mark choco Williams
Head of football-Kenny Sheldon
List manager-Jason Cripps
Forward coach-Fraser Gehrig
Ruck coach-Lazar Vidovic
Let’s hope the review shakes more than just Ratten.

President - Andrew Bassat
Vice President - Russell Caplan
CEO - Simon Lethlean

Board Members
IMO from our list of board members,
Dean Anderson and Jason Blake are the only ex footballers with Russell Caplan and
Paul Kirk has a background experience in high level business entrepreneurship and would benefit the club.

The other board members
Jack Rush, Sarah Lowe, Adam Hilton, Jenifer Douglas could be hired for their services without them being on the board.

I would replace those board members with passionate ex players with business experience such as:
  • Luke Ball
  • Fraser Gehrig
  • Nick Rewoldt
  • Geoff Walsh - Director of Football.

List manager - Jason Cripps
Head of football - Mark “Chocco” Williams
Head of Performance - Nick Walsh
Head of Development - Damien Carroll
Football Operation Assistant Mark McVeigh

Head Coach - Ross Lyon
Ruck Coach - Paddy Ryder
Forward Coach - Andrew McQualter
Midfield/Stoppage Coach - Lenny Hayes
Backline Coach - Corey Enright

Last edited:
never mind that lyon pickup injured players and played no name role players for grand finals. people just have rose coloured glasses.

Yet dimwits still moan about why Ross didn't pick Max in 09 &
Let’s hope the review shakes more than just Ratten.

President - Andrew Bassat
Vice President - Russell Caplan
CEO - Simon Lethlean

Board Members
IMO from our list of board members,
Dean Anderson and Jason Blake are the only ex footballers with Russell Caplan and
Paul Kirk has a background experience in high level business entrepreneurship and would benefit the club.

The other board members
Jack Rush, Sarah Lowe, Adam Hilton, Jenifer Douglas could be hired for their services without them being on the board.

I would replace those board members with passionate ex players with business experience such as:
  • Luke Ball
  • Fraser Gehrig
  • Nick Rewoldt
  • Geoff Walsh - Director of Football.

List manager - Jason Cripps
Head of football - Mark “Chocco” Williams
Head of Performance - Nick Walsh
Head of Development - Damien Carroll
Football Operation Assistant Mark McVeigh

Head Coach - Ross Lyon
Ruck Coach - Paddy Ryder
Forward Coach - Andrew McQualter
Midfield/Stoppage Coach - Lenny Hayes
Backline Coach - Corey Enright
I wouldn't let Judas Ball anywhere near the club.

Hi Guys - not sure where to put this but I have heard a rumour that Stephen Silvagni as list manager could be a package deal with Ross Lyon.
Not sure I’d be thrilled about that.
Didn't he make some monumental stuff ups when he was doing the list at the Blues?

SOS and Ross are great mates, wouldn’t surprise me at all.

SOS couldn’t deal with being an assistant to Ross when he was at the Saints, but reckon as a list manager, he’d be out of reach of the Ross furnace so it would be an attractive position for him.

Could see Ross wanting to have as many people around him to trust as possible.

On paper is SOS the best list manager? No, but compared to what we’ve had, probably.

SOS and Ross are great mates, wouldn’t surprise me at all.

SOS couldn’t deal with being an assistant to Ross when he was at the Saints, but reckon as a list manager, he’d be out of reach of the Ross furnace so it would be an attractive position for him.

Could see Ross wanting to have as many people around him to trust as possible.

On paper is SOS the best list manager? No, but compared to what we’ve had, probably.
Hello my friend, hope you are well.

I agree with you but remember that Walsh did the review of Carlton and Silvagni did not survive that—though perhaps my memory fails and happy to be corrected if I got the dates wrong.

I like the GWS list manager just can't remember his name and Cripps, though I doubt he leaves Port.

Recruiting: I hope we headhunt Dalrymple, the bloke basically has been one of the brains behind three Grand Final teams as a recruiter.

Having said that, don't mind if we give Toce a year or two to prove himself. He seems to have a good eye for interstate talent so far. Wilkie was a gem of a find, Hayes looked like an inspiration before his knee and Parker was worth the risk.

Take care man, talk soon.

Remove this Banner Ad

Prediction St.Kilda New Coach 2023?

Back