St Kilda Player burns Dwarf!

Remove this Banner Ad

Who ticked off little entertainers on the running sheet for the days festivities?

Nick: Alright boys, it's been a long hard year. We only had the 5 wins, but we kept our heads down while the AFL was combusting around us and got through unscathed. Now the big question, Mad Monday?

Lenny: My mate can book out a pub for us.

Nick: Brilliant. Entertainment?

James: We should get that dwarf from the Footy Show. That'll be a right laugh.

Nick: That does make me laugh. Make it happen.

Sam: I was at a party recently where you'd try to set each other on fire, that was pretty fun too.

Nick: Ah-ha! Great suggestion Sam, you never let me down. I love it when a plan comes together!

Salary Cap breaches. Recreational drugs. Whatever drugs Essendon were taking. Tanking.

Where's the innovation? It's all been done before

All these sides been trying to catch the controversy Kings all year and in one swift action we've topped them all.

Seriously, what the actual **** is wrong with those guys?

I have to say, this is a brilliant post.

Who was the player responsible?

No doubt they have brought the game into disrepute and conduct unbecoming etc.

Just checked the news stories on the dwarf incident and it is being reported worldwide.
It appears news editors around the globe just love a good dwarf story and let's face it ...who doesn't.
Just glad the wee fella didnt get hurt.

Nick: Alright boys, it's been a long hard year. We only had the 5 wins, but we kept our heads down while the AFL was combusting around us and got through unscathed. Now the big question, Mad Monday?

Lenny: My mate can book out a pub for us.

Nick: Brilliant. Entertainment?

James: We should get that dwarf from the Footy Show. That'll be a right laugh.

Nick: That does make me laugh. Make it happen.

Sam: I was at a party recently where you'd try to set each other on fire, that was pretty fun too.

Nick: Ah-ha! Great suggestion Sam, you never let me down. I love it when a plan comes together!

fLDYJGepVuYX8Rtt.png

The AFL is such a fishbowl. They didn't kill the guy. Only in Australia can something so stupid and insignificant make front page news. It's a problem we have always had being so isolated from the rest of the 1st world. I'm sure we've all wanted to set a midget on fire at least once in our lives.

The AFL is such a fishbowl. They didn't kill the guy. Only in Australia can something so stupid and insignificant make front page news. It's a problem we have always had being so isolated from the rest of the 1st world. I'm sure we've all wanted to set a midget on fire at least once in our lives.

I've never given it any thought. Why would you even consider? "Hey, what should I do today? Oh hey, I should set fire to someone, wouldn't that be funny?"

I don't think you get it. What right does anyone have to set another person on fire? ****'s sake... I assume you won't mind if I come up behind you at the pub and light your shirt on fire? All a good joke right? Dickhead should be outed & charged.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The players were setting each others shoe laces on fire and singing happy birthday until that person realised....

If this is all that happened to the victim, then perhaps some folks have over reacted a touch.

Weird, considering how I have had a few emails from friends and relatives overseas, who always tell me I should follow a skillful sport like soccer, send me screen shots/pictures of international articles having a snippet on this incident. Such a fishbowl!!

Some funny jokes in here, but if you take the dwarf out of the equation, and it was just a player lighting a normal person on fire, I think it would be seen with some more seriousness. Lucky the dwarf wasn't seriously injured, otherwise the player could have been looking at a serious GBH charge. Probably just get done for first offence assault ala Scotland and a few other players, and have to serve some community service + pay a fine.

I bet the dwarf wasn't Happy, and there are 6 others on the lookout now...

edit: Actually, just read the clothes were 'singed'. Won't even be assault (thought from my first read he may have got some minor burns). Still not a great look but not overly serious.

I don't think you get it. What right does anyone have to set another person on fire? ****'s sake... I assume you won't mind if I come up behind you at the pub and light your shirt on fire? All a good joke right? Dickhead should be outed & charged.

The dwarves were booked to provide entertainment on a Mad Monday so they should have expected to be involved in drunken hijinks, they weren't hired to put on a recital of Snow White and the Seven Dwarves or kidnapped off the street.

Lighting one of the dwarves clothes on fire was probably going a bit far but no one was hurt so it isn't the big deal some people are making it out to be. I've seen and heard of worse things happening at Mad Mondays but because they aren't at professional clubs no one hears about them.

The players were setting each others shoe laces on fire and singing happy birthday until that person realised....

If this is all that happened to the victim, then perhaps some folks have over reacted a touch.

I suspect the old (and it is old) game of setting shoelaces on fire and singing happy birthday escalated into setting shirts on fire.

My bet is half the team had their shirts set on fire before the dwarf did. Like everyone else, he probably put it out in 5 seconds and wasn't hurt at all.

Maybe he was pissed because he's not mates with the other guys.. maybe he was fine with it but then realized it was a great publicity opportunity..

Name and shame the player if he actually did it. The quicker St Kilda gets this over and done with the better. All we need is for our name to be dragged through the mud again :thumbsdown:

Didn’t Bruce Springsteen have a song about this from 1985?

“Hey little girl is your daddy home
Did he go away and leave you all alone
I got a bad desire
Dwarf on fire”

Remove this Banner Ad

St Kilda Player burns Dwarf!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back