Rumour Stars on the leash - Knights / Pav to Collingwood? Non monsiuer

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Stars on the loose - Chris Knights to Collingwood?

or He walks out of the Crows and goes into the National Draft

With the quality of person Knights is, he'll either re-sign or agree to go to a club that's offering us a quality deal. They're all offering him good money.

Quite the opposite actually.

That trade offer is absolute fact though.

assuming were talking about the same period of time i.e last year when davis won his AA selection and the crows finished the season off very well looking to press into the top four, you dont think a player of the quality that davis had been providing would not have been deemed an adequate swap for chris knights at the time?

Maybe, maybe not, difference of opinion

But you cant guarantee that collingwood offered leon davis in any sort of trade

I can't see us getting a deal done with the crows. They are known through the circles as horrible traders, rarely get deals done as they over-rate there players more than anyone else.

It's hard to put a value on someone so injury prone. I mean Rusling a few years ago looked like he was ready to take on the world.... and we all know how that has ended.

I say tread carefully, nibble, but the asking price would be way to high for anything that we would offer up. He's not going to play a position that we are lacking in.

My money would be on Melbourne, they would have a boatload of money to be offering, and with their forward line being the major problem they would be all over him.

It's sounding like Chris Knights has agreed to terms with Adelaide and will put pen to paper this week ahead of the B&F night. We'll wait and see though.

It's sounding like Chris Knights has agreed to terms with Adelaide and will put pen to paper this week ahead of the B&F night. We'll wait and see though.

Good to see a bit of loyalty, sad to see it happen to a player we're interested it though ;)

According to Gerard Healy on On The Couch, we're really stuck into Pavlich. However like it's already been said a million times, Collingwood is apparently always 'stuck in' to any star who is on the market.

Love the speculation.

I don't know why they bother with the Pavlich rumour anymore. We don't have the cap space to pay him what he's worth and Dawes and Cloke seem to be tracking fine, a 29 year old Pav has nothing to offer a side that can already top the ladder without him.

We're assuming Cloke doesn't chase the money and head north. With Trav in the side I agree that we don't particularly need him and he'd likely stifle the development of Dawes, but if Trav went - I would hope Collingwood would be on him as hard as flipping possible.

According to Gerard Healy on On The Couch, we're really stuck into Pavlich.

If that is true, which is a bif if, then I would assume that the club is pretty sure that Trav is headed north. I can't see why we would chase Pavlich if Trav was staying.

I'm starting to think that Trav might leave us. Thinking back to his house being shot at last year, why the hell would he want to stay in Melbourne? On the GC, he can live a little more anonymously, although admittedly it is the place where the altercation happened that led to the shooting incident. His old man/manager showed no loyalty in his playing days and left Richmond for a better offer at the Pies. His brothers' careers were short lived and the club showed no loyalty to them, which may weigh on his decision. Looking at GCs list, they are definitely short on for big bodied marking forwards and I imagine that they would be prepared to offer up a fair amount for a player like Trav. Throw in Bluey McKenna's connection, and I'm getting less and less confident that he'll stay.

I would rather the big Pavlova over cloke anyday of the week

Pavs almost as bad a kick for goal as Cloke, especially under presure too.

He has missed some absolute howlers in the past, in some huge games, and has never really performed in finals (although hasn't had too many chances either).

If Cloke leaves, I'd take Pav, but I wouldn't be going out of my way to make any trade involving Cloke at all.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good to see a bit of loyalty, sad to see it happen to a player we're interested it though ;)

According to Gerard Healy on On The Couch, we're really stuck into Pavlich. However like it's already been said a million times, Collingwood is apparently always 'stuck in' to any star who is on the market.

Love the speculation.

Video Here:

[youtube]xGnpZi1lRK0[/youtube]

I don't know why they bother with the Pavlich rumour anymore. We don't have the cap space to pay him what he's worth and Dawes and Cloke seem to be tracking fine, a 29 year old Pav has nothing to offer a side that can already top the ladder without him.

We're assuming Cloke doesn't chase the money and head north. With Trav in the side I agree that we don't particularly need him and he'd likely stifle the development of Dawes, but if Trav went - I would hope Collingwood would be on him as hard as flipping possible.

Pav will only play for 3 years but Cloke has another 8-10 years left in him.

I think there is a lot of over rating youth in and over rating your own in this. Pav is a bonafide superstar and the type of player who as a foward would walk into our side and make us so much better.

We are in the middle of a premiership window and whilst Dawes and Trav are going ok a combination of either with Pav would be far better. Dawes may have 10 years ahead of him but a decent part of that is going to be in a period where we are transitioning from the current premiership tilt into the next one. No matter how good your youth is it takes time to transition. Pav has a good 4 years left in him in that time we are going to be (as we currently are) in the strongest possible position to win a flag. By the time Pav is done we are going to have few more important players who are on the decline and who knows how the youngsters we are hopeful of will fit into the structure beyond that.

We will never get the deal done so it's not like we will have the luxury but the idea that 2 guys with no pace or vertical leap what so ever, one who can't mark over head and another who can't kick from 15 meters out mean we don't need one of the best key position fowards in the last decade is just plain crazy. Pav is up there in the Riewoldt, J Brown levels of good. Dawes and Trav are and more then likely will only ever be in the Ash Hansen, Q Ball Lynch league.

I'd love Pav at Collingwood, but there'd be a sacrifice. There's no way Dawes, Cloke AND Pav could all sit in the same forward line.

UNLESS, they plan one using one of Pav or Trav in the backline? Pav made AA at CHB too you know.

If the trade for Pav involves us actually moving Cloke on or hindering Dawes development then no way in hell would I approve it. If Cloke decides to leave then all out for Pav, no excuses. As for AA at CHB, what about Ben Reid? We cant just move Brown out either because once Presti goes we need the both of them. Personally I would much rather 10 more years of Cloke and Reid :thumbsu:

Who said you can't fit Pav, Cloke and Dawes in the same team?

Pav is the ultimate utility. he can play anywhere. He would be used as a midfielder/forward. Just imagine how dangerous he would be in our set-up!

Cloke will not be leaving even if we are chasing Pav hard. IMO, getting Pav is a pipedream but it would be one of the best coups of all time if we pulled it off.

If the trade for Pav involves us actually moving Cloke on or hindering Dawes development then no way in hell would I approve it. If Cloke decides to leave then all out for Pav, no excuses. As for AA at CHB, what about Ben Reid? We cant just move Brown out either because once Presti goes we need the both of them. Personally I would much rather 10 more years of Cloke and Reid :thumbsu:

I don't want to take this thread further off topic but you are REALLY REALLY REALLY confusing being younger with being better. Pav would be arguably the best and most important player on our list if we got him but let's not risk the development of a player who even at his absolute best will not be half the player Pavlich is or more on a guy who is like a B Grade version of the guy we are trying to get because our two a younger.

If Pav came to Collingwood, we would instantly be a better side.

Cloke is a gun, but Pavlich is on another level.

Adding to the fact that if Pav came to us, we wouldn't be pushing him into the middle - he would be used as a genuine and permanent gun forward and would probably kick 80+. If he can kick 70+ at Freo floating between the middle and forwardline, stationing him permanently forward in our side would be sensational.

I doubt we can get him though.

If Pav came to Collingwood, we would instantly be a better side.

Cloke is a gun, but Pavlich is on another level.

Adding to the fact that if Pav came to us, we wouldn't be pushing him into the middle - he would be used as a genuine and permanent gun forward and would probably kick 80+. If he can kick 70+ at Freo floating between the middle and forwardline, stationing him permanently forward in our side would be sensational.

I doubt we can get him though.

Agreed.

Would love to see him running around in the Black and White.

No reason why he couldnt play up forward with Clokey and Dawes.

Doubt it will happen but you never know.

Agreed, Pav would be the ultimate utility you could move him wherever you were getting hurt by the opposition as a counter.

P>S we could of got him if it wasnt for Tony Shaw

IMO, if we were to get Pav it will only be because Cloke has gone to the GC.

I think there is a lot of over rating youth in and over rating your own in this. Pav is a bonafide superstar and the type of player who as a foward would walk into our side and make us so much better.

We are in the middle of a premiership window and whilst Dawes and Trav are going ok a combination of either with Pav would be far better. Dawes may have 10 years ahead of him but a decent part of that is going to be in a period where we are transitioning from the current premiership tilt into the next one. No matter how good your youth is it takes time to transition. Pav has a good 4 years left in him in that time we are going to be (as we currently are) in the strongest possible position to win a flag. By the time Pav is done we are going to have few more important players who are on the decline and who knows how the youngsters we are hopeful of will fit into the structure beyond that.

We will never get the deal done so it's not like we will have the luxury but the idea that 2 guys with no pace or vertical leap what so ever, one who can't mark over head and another who can't kick from 15 meters out mean we don't need one of the best key position fowards in the last decade is just plain crazy. Pav is up there in the Riewoldt, J Brown levels of good. Dawes and Trav are and more then likely will only ever be in the Ash Hansen, Q Ball Lynch league.

Fully agree with your endorsement of Pav but as far as the bolded bit goes -not sure if serious.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour Stars on the leash - Knights / Pav to Collingwood? Non monsiuer

Remove this Banner Ad

Back