State of Origin State of Origin XIX [2024] - Vic Metro Team Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Unfortunately our match up with Souf Australia did not quite go to plan. I would like to say we were dazzled by the beauty of our West Horsham friends, but as we are obviously on a text based forum which requires some level of functioning vision, that would be a horrendous lie. Instead we were beaten by the better side on the day, and I feel sick even typing that as I am reminded that the team the Counts look down on as unsophisticated obviously had forebears who found each other attractive to procreate (though I'm sure there was a maximum of five people in the previous generation that contributed to that whole team being there); there's clearly no accounting for taste.

On to our performance.

There were certain, concerns, with our forward line. Even while running through the middle, okeydoke7 managed to jag 3 of his own (it's almost like he has some experience in the caper) to go with his 25 touches, and myblueroan carried her form from the Vic Country match over with 2 goals to go with 17 touches and 4 EARTHQUAKE CAUSING TACKLES!! PhenomenalV1 didn't get much of a look in at FF with only 2 goals 1 behind from his 3 possessions, and Blaze Storm getting 1.1 from 2 kicks. Further upfield Bovo had a goal to go with his 19 possessions, all the while running nearly as hard as he does his mouth.

Senor M was very good in defence, but 3 kicks to 10 handballs is a ratio that showed the pressure the line was under, though NaturalDisaster was able to add a steadying hand with 14 possessions and 2 EPIC TACKLES!!

cooney (13 possessions), spudmaster (16) and beez (20) did not led the side down, and while JT_the_Man battled all day, he unfortunately had a down day in the ruck with only 8 hit outs (9 possessions, but also set some clear intent with 3 COLOSSAL TACKLES!!)

Quiet games from @Elmer_Judd (6 possessions), gab213 (5), and Ligma (7) will see them all looking for redemption in the next round, while the long awaited return of Marlowe unfortunately resulted in only 2 possessions to put him in the same company as kickthething (1 hungry kick, 1 behind) and Muddiemoose (1 mark, 1 handball). The "leadership" of James Colorado from BP (4 possessions) was clearly "invaluable".

Of most concern was the tackle count. Only 11 laid for a side that spent all day chasing.

When I say bring your mouth guards to training to prep for the WA game, it has nothing to do with making fun of how they speak.

State of Origin State of Origin XIX [2024] - Vic Metro Team Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back