State of umpiring

Remove this Banner Ad

Do they not pay protected zone anymore?

I swear JVR ran into the protected zone when Chom took that intercept mark in the last few minutes

There needs to be a massive fan/supporter strike.. need a supporters union

Yeah nah. They have a supporters association which was headed up by some miserable woman from Richmond who had a giant sook after we rested players in the final round of 2015 and then smacked the crap out of her beloved Tiggers the next week. The net result of that is the universally hated bye round before the finals begin.

Have the AFL commented at all on the incorrect May call?

Just watching the replay, and they don't call anything for two full 360's, then still nothing for 1-2 seconds while they're on the ground, then the incorrect head high call.

I get May was fined, but did the AFL acknowledge the ump should have called it earlier?

This goal umpire in the melee was quite humorous

View attachment 2028034
Julie Andrews Spinning GIF by The Rodgers & Hammerstein Organization

The ground is alive, with the sound of brawling.

I wonder if any supporters of any teams (other than Melbourne, bullflogs, Carlton, Hawthorne, Collingwood, west toast, Brisbane bears, suns, GWS, poorta, Geelong, swines, cows, freo and a few others) feel that the umps rig games against them?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agreed

They were still incredibly poor.

The deliberate in the last we got was farcical. As were some of the frees the Dogs got in the first quarter

It's ridiculous but it wasn't an umpiring error as far as I can tell. They have been consistently paying insufficient intent for kicks off the ground that go out of bounds, regardless of whether there is a teammate in the vicinity and regardless of what the actual intent was. That strongly suggests that they are being coached to umpire this way. That example today just showed up the problem in giving these morons a general directive like that. They have extremely poor judgement and they really don't have any insight into what players are attempting to do.

AFL refusing to comment on the weekends many umpiring discrepancies. The arrogance is stunning. Run out of creditable excuses. I hear in the Collingwood (V us) debacle where we were robbed that the Pies asked the umpires to wait on the field so they could form a guard of honour. Umpiring is at its lowest ebb and the AFL won't discuss? FFS.

AFL refusing to comment on the weekends many umpiring discrepancies. The arrogance is stunning. Run out of creditable excuses. I hear in the Collingwood (V us) debacle where we were robbed that the Pies asked the umpires to wait on the field so they could form a guard of honour. Umpiring is at its lowest ebb and the AFL won't discuss? FFS.
Laura has learnt her lesson after the embarrassing effort to justify the non 50 against us. They won't come out & say they messed up so the easier option is to say nothing.

Laura has learnt her lesson after the embarrassing effort to justify the non 50 against us. They won't come out & say they messed up so the easier option is to say nothing.
The arrogance should disgust every supporter. The AFL just said fugg off to us all.

So now she refuses to front to the media and she wants us to stop talking about the umpires as its taking up too much of her precious time LOL

Zero accountability
Zero change
Zero transparency
Zero improvement
Zero plan forward
Zero leadership

We will not be allowed to even criticise the game whilst she is at the helm. She's made this a hard rule from now on BTW. So no transparency going forward.

Watch the game get ****ing worse. The umpiring and the state at the game has been its worst it’s ever been. You just want us all to shut up and deal with it, nothing to see here, coz you can’t handle the criticism or fans that pay good money to watch. Weak as bloody piss.

Last edited:
Piss off Laura. Leave the game immediately
One person alone did not cause the abomination that AFL footy has become as a consequence of disgraceful umpiring.

You could argue that almost everybody who sits around the big table in AFL headquarters needs to be given the boot!

Yeah, don't make her a scapegoat for what are effectively a decades worth of institutional **** ups by people with no idea.

She’s not taking accountability for the state of it right now is my point

Just shut up and take it. Keep paying for games and your memberships without a plan to fix or improve.

Trying for us fans to just accept it

Remove this Banner Ad

Back