Stay Classy Essendon

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The way media and fans carry on about booing is ridiculous. I just read Mark Robinson's take on it in the Tackle, and it is bordering on hysterical. Language like: morons, despicable, screaming abuse, try-hards, contempt etc. etc. Just let fans boo whoever they want for whatever reason they want, it's just a noise.

If Collingwood and West Coast fans want to boo Watson for admitting he has taken a substance with a cloud over it, then let them, likewise if Essendon want to boo Harry O'Brien because they don't like him, let them.

I'm just waiting for the first person to call for a ban on booing. You think I'm joking but it will happen eventually. Robinson is getting closer, Darcy's not far behind him. It might not be this year, maybe not next year, but whenever someone is booed, the media rush to condemn it, wringing their hands in worry. It is only a matter of time before someone calls for a ban, and when they do, watch the chorus just spread like wildfire.

This is how ridiculous the whole thing is getting. If fans want to voice their displeasure by emitting a noise, than just let them!

(Note that I am not advocating abuse in any way, I am talking about booing only.)

It is harmless, but to be fair, people who boo are morons.

Essendon supporters IMO have always been the worst. They always like to try and start fights they are all so arrogant while they have been a nothing club for the last 12 years. And all the fans do is just boo and everything from the umpires, oppositions players and they would have to be the only supporter base that would boo their own playing. I would never call Essendon fans classy but hey it ain't to early to change

So i booed Brent Stanton from the Couch? Every Team has Supporters that have a go at thier own players i mean what really is the difference in supporters booing or yelling out things like 'get of the field your crap" or "kick the ball you hack" at players that play for the club they support i hear it all the time more than booing! End of the day the supporters that do this probably never played a game of footy in thier lives!

So i booed Brent Stanton from the Couch? Every Team has Supporters that have a go at thier own players i mean what really is the difference in supporters booing or yelling out things like 'get of the field your crap" or "kick the ball you hack" at players that play for the club they support i hear it all the time more than booing! End of the day the supporters that do this probably never played a game of footy in thier lives!

Because it is alot more noticeable when you have about 30,000 fans booing at once. I'm shocked how Brent could still be playing for the Essendon fc. I have never in my time Collingwood or any other supporter boo one player from their team. It is disgraceful and degrading to the player

30 000 fans is abit of a exaggeration dont you think. Brent is still playing for Essendon because his Teammates or Essendon Fc didnt boo him only some uneducated fans that have no idea! I think everyone looks into Booing way to much most the time Players dont care or even notice it. Your starting to go of topic now anyway i didnt agree with it my point was you shouldnt categorise every supporter into the one bracket i bet theirs more Essendon supporters that didnt agree with it than did ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Difference is mate no other club boos their own player. Essendon are the only team that does it. Just ask Brent Stanton

The shit coming the mouth of Collingwood supporters on ANZAC day against O'Brien was worse than booing. I'm surprised your supporters didn't racially slur him that day... you seem to **** that up every other week.

The game exists for the fans. It's a pantomime, people can boo or cheer whoever they want. As long as nothing abusive happens there is nothing wrong with booing.

So you can't provide an actual example?

So you choose to forget all the times it happened? rofl

I'm sorry i didn't record Essendon booing stanton so i could use it in a point on bf 8 months later :rolleyes:
seriously wtf do u expect?

Everyone knows what happened, for you to pretend otherwise is slightly embarrassing

Booing Harry O'Brien for being man enough to admit he is facing mental demons from an amazingly difficult past?
Disgusting :thumbsdown:
Why is someone like OBrien "man enough" to "face up to mental demons" ??
Harry would also have been "man enough" to " be tackling his mental demons" in private wouldnt he ?
That kind of shit blows me away...its like being "man enough" to admit you;re gay.

Men spend their entire lives dealing with all sorts of crap.
Is it somehow not manly to for instance say "i've been forced to be the sole bread winner" or "i'm tired of having to dig ditches whilst being in pain from a lower back problem" ??

Its like some think it must be a weakness to NOT whinge or complain about their lot...or its more manly to bother others with your personal issues.

Is the ultimate man now a depression suffering gay bloke who likes to share his feelings with anyone that could be stuffed listening to his life story ?

So much weakness in our society these days. If daddy belted you when you were 10 are you looking for sympathy ?...if your parents died in a car accident when you were 10 does it make you more manly to want to tell everyone ? Everyone has their memories...u want to annoy or look for sympathy by telling the schnauzer next door then go ahead by all means...just dont use it as an excuse or expect others to think any different of you. Just makes you NORMAL.

Boooo whoever the hell u feel like booing....think of Obrien and Watson anyway you want to. Dont let the social nazi's tell you what you're supposed to be thinking about them.

Because it is alot more noticeable when you have about 30,000 fans booing at once. I'm shocked how Brent could still be playing for the Essendon fc. I have never in my time Collingwood or any other supporter boo one player from their team. It is disgraceful and degrading to the player
I'd be surprised if Chris Dawes didn't get boood of after he dropped that chest mark last season.

And bronx cheers are as good as booos anyway and I'm pretty sure every club does that.

So you choose to forget all the times it happened? rofl

I'm sorry i didn't record Essendon booing stanton so i could use it in a point on bf 8 months later :rolleyes:
seriously wtf do u expect?

Everyone knows what happened, for you to pretend otherwise is slightly embarrassing

It didn't happen, and if it was so damn prolific, it should be pretty damn easy to find an example.

He was bronx cheered once, like many players, when it was announced over the PA that he had been subbed out of the game v West Coast in 2011.

So stop peddling your bullshit and generalising Essendon supporters based on something that never happened.

what about that well publicized time when he was stretchered off the ground unconscious :confused:

Seriously?

Firstly, he was never stretched off the ground, that just shows how much you actually know about the incident.

Secondly, see above. He was bronx cheered when it was announced over the PA that he had been subbed out. No one knew he was injured and only a small minority actually bronx cheered.

The whole Stanton thing is one of the bigger beat ups I've seen in footy in recent times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back