Stenglein decides

Remove this Banner Ad

Mad Dog said:
di ya stop for a second to think they might have had different roles???? :rolleyes:

Your right - one is a playmaker the other is a tagger. Come to think of it why are we even entertaining the idea of Braun for Stenglein.

Mad Dog said:
My my a player who can last out a whole game - very impressive !
Okay Okay you've convinced me...you are trying really hard to sell him...so the answers DEFINATELY no. ;)
who cares about the past...?? - well ok then what did he do in the future ? :rolleyes:
Surely when you stack up Stinger against Braun...there's a fair gap there

It's a shame for you you have such a low view of Braun. Personally he is one of my favourite players so I'd be more than happy to keep him. This year he will finish very high up in the B&F. He runs all day, plays very well defensively, never drops his head or throws it in and importantly can play a variety of midfield positions and can get plenty of the leather. Frankly, he;s a pleasure to watch each week.

Having said that Stenglein would get a game in our 22, I've no doubt about that. Whilst Waters / Butler obviously appeal to you it would be a shortsighted by us to offload them. A first round pick IMO (#12-14) would be fair, but how John Reid feels about that I don't know.

If you want a player for player comparison have a look at Rowan Jones. Similar tall midfielder, known as a run with player who can do some inside damage. 100 gamer with plenty of leadership potential and a good influence around the club. Stats wise they are awfully similar as well.

R. Jones v T Stenglein

I know what you guys will say. That's fair enough, we all hate to see our own players go.

Jabber said:
Not willing to do a Nick Stevens?

It might come to that

Look - we can debate the merits and compare players - but one thing is for sure - I know the AFC aren't gonna take it up the clacker on another trade deal...the way JR was talking today - I reckon this deal might set the tone for future deals....He may be little - but he looked pretty determined. I won't be surprised if this turns nasty

llosis said:
It's a shame for you you have such a low view of Braun. Personally he is one of my favourite players so I'd be more than happy to keep him. This year he will finish very high up in the B&F. He runs all day, plays very well defensively, never drops his head or throws it in and importantly can play a variety of midfield positions and can get plenty of the leather. Frankly, he;s a pleasure to watch each week.

Having said that Stenglein would get a game in our 22, I've no doubt about that. Whilst Waters / Butler obviously appeal to you it would be a shortsighted by us to offload them. A first round pick IMO (#12-14) would be fair, but how John Reid feels about that I don't know.

If you want a player for player comparison have a look at Rowan Jones. Similar tall midfielder, known as a run with player who can do some inside damage. 100 gamer with plenty of leadership potential and a good influence around the club. Stats wise they are awfully similar as well.

R. Jones v T Stenglein

I know what you guys will say. That's fair enough, we all hate to see our own players go.
i actually think this post is a fairly fair summation of what is fair... ey if you guys end up hating John Reid you will have the same feeling as most members of this board!!! thinking more about it Braun for stenglien would be fair but just a question how old is Braun?

llosis said:

R. Jones v T Stenglein

Botton line...I can't see us getting a Cox/seaby/butler/waters..and I know we wouldnt settle for just Braun...so reality is that it will probably end up being a first round pick - unless theres some 3 way deal with another club

Mad Dog said:
Botton line...I can't see us getting a Cox/seaby/butler/waters..and I know we wouldnt settle for just Braun...so reality is that it will probably end up being a first round pick - unless theres some 3 way deal with another club

Good to see some sense in the debate.

My view is that its most likely to be a first round draft pick and possibly a second tier player like Adkins who's is not a bad player but can't get a regular gig because of the quality of players vying for spots

Seriously doubt we'd let any of the above go (including Braun)- I'd be spitting if we did. The Eagles are in a very strong position tradewise, and we don't necessarily need to trade unless there's some obvious benefit for us. We could quite easily pass on Stenglein, particularly if the price is perceived to be too high.

The Eagles would love to have Stinger but they won't sell the farm to get him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tyson20 said:
now i need a new name

help me people... :D

i should pick a safe one that wont see a player p!$$ off... :p

Try Stenglein's twin, Mattner...we all know he still holds an AFC gold card and Craig is in love with him.

Better yet, Mini Mattner - Monfries, if we get him in the draft.

Go with McLeod...everyone else does.

Or be an up and comer individual Trenschel37, Schuey26 :)

Exeter said:
My view is that its most likely to be a first round draft pick and possibly a second tier player like Adkins

I'd take that, for sure.

Do the Eagles have a history of trading first round picks?

**** said:
I'd take that, for sure.

Do the Eagles have a history of trading first round picks?

Short answer is no.

We did however trade our first rounder in 2002 (#10 upgraded to #8 courtesy of Carlton) to Hawthorn for Chick. Chick has a B & F to his name and whilst injury has slowed him lately was undoubtedly a topliner in the 2000-2002 period with Hawthorn.

In view of that a #12-14 to Stenglein is not out of the ball park.

Jabber said:
You don't want a player equal to Stenglein, you want someone who is better than him, and you won't get it. Our midfield is full of players better than Stenglein (look at the stats instead of your one-eyed opinion), and you think we want to downgrade? Woosha obviously sees something in him, but don't expect him to throw the baby out with the bathwater.

you have answered your own dribble here. All our midfield is better than him, but the coach sees something in him.

translation:
- I don't rate him
- the coach does.

what does that tell you a*rsehopper?

Crow-mosone said:
Both players were DUMPED for salary cap reasons. comparison is not useful.

yeh i obviously knew about that. almost a similar scenario with stenglien, except its not for salery cap reasons but that he wants to go home. realistically, stenglien is out of contract, he can leave for nothing. u guys have less barganing power than u think. if he was under contract then yes you could demand alot, but he isnt and has declared he wants to go home.

Remove this Banner Ad

Stenglein decides

Remove this Banner Ad

Back