Stenglein decides

Remove this Banner Ad

theorangeapple said:
unofficially, adelaide want micheal braun. i heard this from my mate whose dad is on the eagles match committee and has been since the malthouse days. watch for it break pretty soon after we get bundled out. if u want to know the family name PM me. it shouldnt be hard for eagles people to work it out, its not rob wiley.

No deal

Tyson20 said:
:D funny stuff...

i could use one with the word "Dog" in it, but there are alreay to many of them...Mad_Dog, Hot_Dog, RooDog...etc etc boring.... :p

i reckon ive got one sorted, but ill hold off using it until Ty has actually left... ;)
what about:

Wayne2
Nigel7 or
Ronnie5

Jars458 said:
Its a first tier player for a second tier player in absolute terms

We will be looking for a Kerr a Seaby a Waters or a Butler. Nothing else will do.

If not. Tyson stays.

Kerr - much better midfielder than Stenglein - NO
Seaby - Our #2 ruckman and handy forward - NO
Waters - Woosha wants to mould him in his own image - NO
Butler - Quality talent, not yet a regular - RELUCTANT MAYBE

Mad Dog said:

yeh i thought adelaide fans would say that and i am as confused as the next person as braun is victorian. but, they are very comparable players. he matched alot of the criteria that read set out when i look at it again. similar age, although he isnt a superstar neither is stenglien.

Mad Dog said:

Are you nuts?! Brauny is up there with Cousins and fletcher, just cause he doesn't get the recognition doesn't mean he's not worth the swap. He probably is the hardest working Eagle and he would have been in our votes the last 5 weeks.

EagleEyed said:
Are you nuts?! Brauny is up there with Cousins and fletcher, just cause he doesn't get the recognition doesn't mean he's not worth the swap. He probably is the hardest working Eagle and he would have been in our votes the last 5 weeks.

How has he gone in the club champ the last few years ?

Strikes me as being very very much 2nd / 3rd tier mid fielder...We've got a tree out the back of Footy Park full of those.

Also - I can't imagine Braun coming here - I'd say he would stick over there or go back to Vic

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Out of all those soon-to-be-delisted players from WC I would say Humm is the only one I would consider.

I might be one of few, but I seriously, seriously, seriously doubt any chance of the AFC snaring either Waters or Butler. They're only in their first year of AFL football and are already good players, so there is little chance of us getting one of them for Stingers.

However, perhaps we should aim for the likes of Longmuir or Schammer. Both have played several years of football now and have proved themselves at AFL level. I would prefer Schammer, especially because he is a SA boy and fits the criteria we need.

Longmuir can be a very good player when he in on-song. Inconsistent, but worth the punt.
Which bring me to another question. Has Stenglein officially stated he would prefer to play for the Eagles over Fremantle? :confused:

Bockchoy67 said:
Has Stenglein officially stated he would prefer to play for the Eagles over Fremantle? :confused:

not "officially" no. its just assumed at this stage that West Coast is his preferred option (Chad Fletcher is a close mate of his, supported them as a youngster).

his manager will talk to both clubs, then come back to the AFC and inform them of who they would prefer Adelaide to deal with come trade week...

Adelaide wont give him up for nothing, so it would be in Stingers and his managements best interests to seek out both Freo and West Coast.

**** said:
Then why are you so keen to get rid him if he's "up there with Cousins"?

were not, u guys are sounding out his management. apparantly the crows knew of stengliens decision as long as a week ago, he thought it would in the best interests of the crows if he told then earlier.

he finished runner up in b/f in his 3rd AFL season. he will probly finish top 5 this year.

Mad Dog said:
How has he gone in the club champ the last few years ?

Strikes me as being very very much 2nd / 3rd tier mid fielder...We've got a tree out the back of Footy Park full of those.

Also - I can't imagine Braun coming here - I'd say he would stick over there or go back to Vic

Who cares about the past, he's improved the last 2 years to continually start on the ground and he has the fitness to see out a whole match.

This year he'll be top 5 in the awards. I wouldn't think West Coast would want to give him up, and I think he would fight to stay here .... and also he's one of my players! He can't leave!!!!!!!

EagleEyed said:
Who cares about the past, he's improved the last 2 years to continually start on the ground and he has the fitness to see out a whole match.

This year he'll be top 5 in the awards. I wouldn't think West Coast would want to give him up, and I think he would fight to stay here .... and also he's one of my players! He can't leave!!!!!!!

My my a player who can last out a whole game - very impressive !
Okay Okay you've convinced me...you are trying really hard to sell him...so the answers DEFINATELY no. ;)
who cares about the past...?? - well ok then what did he do in the future ? :rolleyes:
Surely when you stack up Stinger against Braun...there's a fair gap there

theorangeapple said:
yeh i thought adelaide fans would say that and i am as confused as the next person as braun is victorian. but, they are very comparable players. he matched alot of the criteria that read set out when i look at it again. similar age, although he isnt a superstar neither is stenglien.

I think Braun for Stenglein would be more than fair. I rate him as a player.

Perhaps throw in a third round pick or someone such as Johnson as well and we have a deal.

Last 5 rounds:

Stenglein: Possessions:
V Port - 15
V Geelong - 15
V Richmond - 21
V Saints - 15
V Roos - 21

Braun: Possessions:
V Dees - 30
V Freo - 26
V Carlton - 23
V Brisbane - 22
V Bulldogs - 25

Tough call isn't it ... I think WC will be keeping Braun

EagleEyed said:
Last 5 rounds:

V Port - 15
V Geelong - 15
V Richmond - 21
V Saints - 15
V Roos - 21

V Dees - 30
V Freo - 26
V Carlton - 23
V Brisbane - 22
V Bulldogs - 25

playing different roles dont forget!

and we played better teams than you did as well!!

EagleEyed said:
Last 5 rounds:

V Port - 15
V Geelong - 15
V Richmond - 21
V Saints - 15
V Roos - 21

V Dees - 30
V Freo - 26
V Carlton - 23
V Brisbane - 22
V Bulldogs - 25

di ya stop for a second to think they might have had different roles???? :rolleyes:

Remove this Banner Ad

Stenglein decides

Remove this Banner Ad

Back